Page 208 of 213 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Just now (Saturday morning) I heard "Try & Love Again" on the Vermont radio station that I stream from California. You'd think that southern California would have better music than pop or hip hop. But no. It's not like when I grew up here in the 70's. To hear music that I really like on the radio, I have to stream from Vermont. It's 101.7 WCVT if anyone is interested.

Wow that’s impressive I never heard TALA on radio. Beautiful. Good stations are hard to find. I’ll give it a try. So many are so repetitive now a days. I listen to 88.5 SoCal, introduced by Joe’s show, I like it very eclectic and gives rising rock stars a platform, so many stations don’t even play new rock artists. 107 the peak from NY is pretty good too.

I went into the local dollar store a couple weeks ago and they had an Eagles CD playing over the sound system. Needless to say, I took my time shopping, lol. Got to hear "Take it Easy", "Take it to the Limit" and a couple others.

Heading out to get my covid shot last week. Pulling out of the garage and I get Funk 49, James Gang. About half way there I get Life of Illusion. That set the day for me. After shot and heading home, right out of the lot I get Rocky Mt Way and almost home Confessor. Must have been a Joe Walsh day on XM classic vinyl. Normally I just get one Joe and a few Eagles songs.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Just now (Saturday morning) I heard "Try & Love Again" on the Vermont radio station that I stream from California. You'd think that southern California would have better music than pop or hip hop. But no. It's not like when I grew up here in the 70's. To hear music that I really like on the radio, I have to stream from Vermont. It's 101.7 WCVT if anyone is interested.
    Again, tonight, on the same station, I heard "Good day in Hell"!!!

Again, tonight, on the same station, I heard "Good day in Hell"!!!
    So rare to hear GDIH on radio! I've been hearing a lot of Eagles songs in random places lately.
    In Walmart, as a prelude to a Valentine ad on the PA, were the first 3 sexy sax notes from You Belong to the City. I don't know if they would have to pay, using so little. It certainly caught my attention, but I was only mad not to hear the rest of the song!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

lol - good point, FF.

And scamp - how lucky to hear that JoeFest, for sure. Wonder what they were celebrating Joe for? Pretty cool no matter what!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It happened again!!! This same station is playing "King of Hollywood"!!!!

No way KOH?!?! That is ultra rare. I love that song. So cool. Man gonna definitely be listening to that station more.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    No way KOH?!?! That is ultra rare. I love that song. So cool. Man gonna definitely be listening to that station more.
    And then this morning, they played "James Dean"!!!