Page 205 of 213 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I heard The Heat is On in the drugstore today. I rarely hear Glenn's solo songs while out - it put a smile on my face!
    I bet it did Groupie! I love hearing Glenn 's songs unexpectedly too

I was at a conference last week. I went into the Conference hall early on Freyday morning. The sound guy was just setting up. he played background music! TIE, followed by PEF and finally LE before they got started!! What a great start to my day it was!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I heard Take It Easy at the grocery store today!

So, the other day I was doing a disco themed cardio workout (don’t judge me!! ) when all of a sudden Hotel California starts playing.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    So, the other day I was doing a disco themed cardio workout (don’t judge me!! ) when all of a sudden Hotel California starts playing.
    Wait... Hotel California and disco? How did that work out?

Well that’s the thing I was getting my cardio on, was tired of the same old same ol, so tried this instead and was high energy and it went from track to track and was like “born to be alive” and then bam “Hotel California” plays. The original not remixed or anything. It was so unexpected....so awkward.....yet as if they knew I was listening!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Well that’s the thing I was getting my cardio on, was tired of the same old same ol, so tried this instead and was high energy and it went from track to track and was like “born to be alive” and then bam “Hotel California” plays. The original not remixed or anything. It was so unexpected....so awkward.....yet as if they knew I was listening!
    KW - Lol ! Sounds like you had a great workout. Gyms are not yet open here and I have no idea when they will be able to open. I am thing about maybe buying some kind of gym equipment - not sure what though.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is a funny story, KW. Our gyms are closed too and it'll probably be a long time before I feel safe enough to go back. I had been taking a daily walk around the neighborhood each day, but here lately, it's been so hot I've gotten out of the habit. I have turned my daily exercise routine into a game around the house just making up stuff as I go along. I sure wouldn't want any video cameras around though. Since I am working at home full-time, I get up and do some goofy made up routine every time I take a break. Maybe, I should make up a routine for all the Eagles songs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ya our gyms are open but with restrictions. I just do stuff at home. I have a basic kettlebell set basic dumbbell set, resistance bands (I love these so portable...have both the loops and the handle variety) and then with Corona I did some diy/CrossFit type stuff outside. Tires (various exercises can be done with these believe it or not) and did battle ropes with old garden hose. I know it’s not as heavy, but it’s rather long so the length makes it a challenge. My yard is sloped, so I go up and down at a quick pace. But with the heat, I haven’t been working out outside much. So I do a lot of YouTube vids in basement.

It’s funny you say that about the Eagles....my kids tease me relentlessly about doing that. Or if I have my headset on they tease non stop “are you sweatin to the Eagles?” Hmmph!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

It wasn't the whole song, but David Plouffe, from President Obama's campaign, just quoted Hotel California on the DNC preshow on MSNBC. "You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave".

Awesome! David Plouffe was the convocation speaker when I graduated from college.

I heard Sunset Grill in the grocery store yesterday!