Page 206 of 213 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Does hearing the songs on the radio count?

Because the local radio stations that I listen to, are obsessed with Hotel California. I was out three days in a row about two weeks ago and heard that song (both studio and live acoustic versions) at least once each day. Now, I'm not saying I hate that song, I just am a little tired of the radio stations only playing that one. I also heard TIE, TITTL and PEF a few times as well. One day I heard Already Gone and had to stop myself from singing out loud with that one. I barely ever hear that on the radio, so I was a bit surprised when that song began.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

My Kevin & I were in the nutritional food store today and heard
    "New Kid in Town" Then when we were done, "Hotel California" was on the radio

I heard The Last Worthless Evening in the grocery store yesterday. My local grocery store loves to play Don Henley!

Funny you say that...my grocery store, ShopRite, plays a lot of solo Beatles and Eagles stuff. And the other day I was listening to a podcast discussing Dan Ackroyd having A show about haunted hotels. The podcaster sang “welcome to the Hotel Paranormal”. Unexpected.

So I've been having a pretty bad week, and I had gone to Walmart to wait for my sister back in California to wire me money. While walking around the store waiting for her to call and say she had gotten to the store, I suddenly hear "and the bright lights had faded to blue" They were playing Take It To The Limit! I instantly felt my spirits lift and I ended up standing under a speaker singing along to the rest of the song.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Here in California, I stream an awesome radio station from Vermont which I always listened towhen we lived there for their diverse classic rock music. This morning, the played "Try and Love Again", a song rarely heard on the radio.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

MarthaJo, what’s the name of the Vermont station?

Today I was walking in a park and three women passed by me on the trail singing “Seven Bridges Road.”

I heard The Last Worthless Evening at the grocery store again! A favorite of my local store, apparently!

The other day I was walking over to the library, and had my headphones on listening to the radio. I had turned it on and heard the last few lines of Boys of Summer. Then they started playing All she wants to do is dance. Then they played Last worthless evening! I stopped in my tracks and said out loud "am I trippin' or was that three in a row?" and then after that song ended I heard the dj say "that was an entire block of Don Henley". That was an awesome little coincidence considering I was on my way to the library to get some Eagles CDs that I had requested.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    MarthaJo, what’s the name of the Vermont station?

Today I was walking in a park and three women passed by me on the trail singing “Seven Bridges Road.”

It's 101.7 WCVT. It used to be called "101 the One". It's an independently owned station. They play huge variety of mostly 70's & 80's and some 60's music.

Today, I heard "Heartache Tonight", Poco's "You Better Think Twice" and Jackson Browne's "Fountain of Sorrow" all in a row.