Page 22 of 213 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    I heard "Boys of Summer" in the supermarket yesterday! My son was with me, and he recognized it immediately. He told me he thinks that one is Don's signature song. Do any of you agree? (I do!)
    I do, too. If you ask somebody, "Name one song by Don Henley" the VAST majority will say "Boys of Summer." Even though Dirty Laundry was a bigger hit, the Boys of Summer seems to have made a more lasting impression.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

when i was younger before i really was into the eagles, i was familiar with the song and knew most of the words but i could never had told you who it was by

Yeah, i agree with that, Stars. With the exception of us hardcore Eagles/Don fans, i'd say that the average music fan would recognize BOS as a Henley song more so than his other hits that we know and love.

I forgot that it's a triple play weekend on one of my local classic rock stations right now. They do it at least once a month. When I got in my car earlier I got to hear a triple play of In The City, Desperado, and Take It Easy. Now that I think of it, it's been a long time since i've heard Desperado on the radio.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

This past week we were on vacation... there we were, by the Jaws attraction at Universal Studio's and I hear One of These Night's being piped throughout. That was pretty cool.

Then, a few nights later we were on the balcony of the hotel room and there was a band playing by one of the pools. I hear this song that sounds so familiar being sung by a woman... it was Love Will Keep Us Alive. I was impressed they choose that song to cover. Those were my two Eagles moments...

Oh, and we went to the Hard Rock and when I asked were the Eagles tribute was located, they said they moved it out of the restaurant and into the hotel... I was bummed.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I hear this song that sounds so familiar being sung by a woman... it was Love Will Keep Us Alive. I was impressed they choose that song to cover. Those were my two Eagles moments...

Oh, and we went to the Hard Rock and when I asked were the Eagles tribute was located, they said they moved it out of the restaurant and into the hotel... I was bummed.
    Ooooh, I always wondered how LWKUA would sound if a girl covered it - Allison Moorer or Alison Krauss if life were a Disney movie. How did it sound?!

I wonder what the Hard Rock had in their tribute?

Yesterday, when I got to work In The City came on the radio. I was a little bit early so I stayed in my car and listened to the whole song . When I got off work and got back in my car, In The City was playing on the radio again on the same station. Weird but exciting nonetheless.
    ~Jess~

Sunday I went to pick up my daughter, TITTL came on one station, when it was over I switched stations and not 5 minutes passed before Tequila Sunrise came on.

Last week twice I was surprised I started listening to a Windows Media radio station 123 All Classic Rock played New Kid In Town and couple days later I was extremely surprised to hear How Long. And since then I've listened everyday and they actually play a variety of great classics that I don't get to hear on local radio.
    Last edited by Fan_For_Life; 09-24-2009 at 12:08 PM.

i was at the county fair and riding a ride called the evalution and a of a suden i hear "How Long How long" and it was quit funny actualy me and my friend were on the ride together and she was sitting beside me screaming and i said "I LOVE THIS SONG!!" she just kept on screaming lol.

auntmeda:}

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This morning when my radio alarm went off I heard: "you haven't been the same since you had your little crash"! It was quite a shock to wake up to that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    This morning when my radio alarm went off I heard: "you haven't been the same since you had your little crash"! It was quite a shock to wake up to that!
    No matter what song it is, I think it would be great to wake up hearing the Eagles any day.

Just a few minutes ago, as I was sitting in this very spot at the computor, I took off my head phones and heard a familiar voice. Glenn was on tv singing YBTTC. It was footage from a live concert but it was only a few seconds long. It was for one of the Rock Ballad compilation cds they have on infomericials. Thanks to the lovely new technology of digital cable i was able rewind it many times. Glenn was looking mighty fine even for those few seconds he was on there.
    ~Jess~