Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

So, I didn't hear this, but it was reported in an article referring to Alan Jackson's setlist that he was now including Seven Bridges Road in his repotoire. Many believe the song refers to the road to Hank Williams' grave. Alan had a hit with Midnight in Montgomery (a spooky song about visiting Hank's grave), so that may be one of the reasons he connected with it.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Funk #49 was in an episode of the new Magnum PI on Friday!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I got a double whammy!!!
    Today we were driving up Highway 395 to go grocery shopping, We were listening to an "alternative" station out of Bishop on the car radio. They play pretty obscure music, but I was happily surprised to hear "Outlaw Man" !!!
    Then, when we were at the checkout line at the grocery store, "Dirty Laundry" came on!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    So, I didn't hear this, but it was reported in an article referring to Alan Jackson's setlist that he was now including Seven Bridges Road in his repotoire. Many believe the song refers to the road to Hank Williams' grave. Alan had a hit with Midnight in Montgomery (a spooky song about visiting Hank's grave), so that may be one of the reasons he connected with it.
    Thanks for the info, FF. I think we have some discussion somewhere on the board about whether or not the song is a reference to Hank Williams' grave site. As far as I know, I don't believe that Steve Young, the writer of the song, has ever confirmed this. From what I've read, the real Seven Bridges Road does not lead to the cemetery where Hank Williams is buried. But, I can see how some folks might draw an association to the road and grave site since they are in such close proximity.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I got yet another double -whammy yesterday!
    We were in the hardware store in Bishop and "Take it to the Limit" came on. It was nice & loud, so even when my Kevin was yakking at me at what size nails he needed, I could hear it.
    Then we went to the grocery store and while in the checkout, the acoustic/live version of
    "Hotel California" came on!

This morning we were driving into town to get brakes for our Honda, and were listening to that quirky radio station out of Independence, CA. The one that I mentioned before that played "Out of Control".
    Anyway, "Desperado" came on, but it was Johnny Cash's version!!! it was good, but kinda weird.
    https://youtu.be/5WDD4rCNe4s

So I'm standing in the kitchen making myself dinner and what song comes on the radio but NKIT. That is in my top 5 all time favorite Eagles songs, so I start singing along with it. The song ends and the DJ comes on and says "That was Don Henley and The Eagles" I gasped and loudly said "that was Glenn Frey singing lead thankyouverymuch!"

And they call themselves a classic hit station...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - You'd think those DJ's would have to pass a knowledge test or, at the very least, have some research info for them. The other alternative is to just keep your mouth shut!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - You'd think those DJ's would have to pass a knowledge test or, at the very least, have some research info for them. The other alternative is to just keep your mouth shut!
    lol! Yes! My only guess is that he probably was a casual fan of the guys. Maybe he prefers heavier rock like Sabbath and Deep Purple, rather than what the Eagles sang. Or maybe he just had an off day.

You Belong to the City played in the drugstore yesterday!