Page 210 of 213 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213 LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I went to the dentist yesterday and got a twofer - first they played Love Will Keep Us Alive and about four songs later Heartache Tonight came on. I told my dentist that I was going to have a hard time keeping still for that one.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

April 10th I was working on the ground floor back end of Amazon's wearhouse and I heard Golden Earring's Radar Love. One of the forklift operators had hooked his iPod up to a set of gigantic speakers, which was by one of the break areas that I had to clean. After Radar Love, I heard Bon Jovi's Wanted dead or alive. I had to pass by the speakers as I went on my rotations and as I walked away while Areosmith played, I said to myself "please play some Eagles!" 20 minutes later, I could've sworn I heard Henley's voice on the speakers. Where I was at made it a bit muffled so I walked out towards to the break area and sure enough "Then she lit up her candle..." pumped out of the speaker! They were playing Hotel California! So of course I had to listen to it and sing at the top of my lungs. Not too long after, the guy's supervisor came and shut it down. But hey, at least I got to hear one Eagles tune.

The Salt Palace, SLC's convention center has been playing music on their loud speakers. The first day I worked, which has me being basically an usher for the health department showing people to the nurses giving out free covid vaccines, they played "Hotel California". Then it was nothing but house music (electronica and "pop music") for a few days. Then yesterday as I was coming back inside from my lunch break I heard "One of these nights" It was awesome.
    Last edited by Elle81; 05-20-2021 at 11:23 PM.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

That radio station (WCVT-Vermont) that I stream & mention all the time, just played "Bitter Creek"!!!

I was on hold with my pharmacy and the hold music was Love Will Keep Us Alive!

I recently heard Eagles songs in a couple of unexpected places.

My husband and I are railfans. For the uninitiated: We like trains. We follow a bunch of YouTube channels that are just cameras set up where trains pass by. One of the channels is set up at an Amtrack station. Nothing else on television the other night (the train stuff makes great background noise, by the way), so hubby puts YouTube on the Roku. The Amtrack station comes into view and the Eagles are playing in the background! Lyin' Eyes. Hubby laughs. "There's a bar close to the depot," he explains. "I checked the map on this place." So, either the bar had an outside venue or the music was on really loud!

I try to walk the bike trail close to my office at lunch time. The path I walk is two miles from office to the part of the bike trail I walk and back again. I do see other walkers but mostly bikers from time to time. Last week a biker passed me, and he had a radio or some other music playing. Eagles. This time it was Already Gone. I laughed.

Wow! Great examples. I would love to see a map with points marked where an Eagles song is being played. It would boggle the mind! I bet even "our guys" would be surprised.

I have numerous train videos myself, CA!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the cover songs thread, but I was watching an episode of Hawaii Five-0 and it played a cover of Smugglers Blues. I didn't know there was a cover of this...nowhere close to the original!

Great shares everybody. I just got back from wildwood,nj. Had a great time. Going down the boardwalk, most stores were playing some rapper du jour. and then I got lucky BAM! “All she wants to do is Dance” LOUD….I Mean LOUD! Coming from a store! Ya Bruddha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the cover songs thread, but I was watching an episode of Hawaii Five-0 and it played a cover of Smugglers Blues. I didn't know there was a cover of this...nowhere close to the original!
    Jack Tempchin is singing that version. He posted it on his Facebook page once. I believe that was the season 2 finale?