Page 12 of 213 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I was walking through the parking lot at the grocery store late tonight, and heard "New York Minute" coming out of the speakers from the store. It really took me by surprise, and for one moment, I thought I was imagining it. Quite a nice little surprise!

Border Desperado

My brother and SIL are here visiting from Indy and while we were on our way to visit our parents, we stopped in at a filling station. We were perusing the isles when I heard my brother say "Oh no! Now we'll never get out of here..." Seconds after that I realized that What Do I Do With My Heart had come on the speaker! I of course had to stay and listen to the whole thing

I had the last week properly luck. I could hear sometimes Eagles on the radio, then I hear True Love at the shopping
    and than I yesterday evening tune in to a programme on TV I heard abrupt The Heat is On!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hubby and I went out with some friends Friday night. Our friend Chris went to play the jukebox and awhile later I was mid sentence when I stopped because I heard Hotel California come on. He was playing one song for everyone and that was the one he of course chose for me. My hubby acted like he was shooting himself in the head and told Chris not to encourage me. I became the topic of discussion and they all came to the conclusion that it's an obsession---Gee, you think so? DUH!!!!!

Then Saturday morning, we all went out to breakfast at a restaurant that we frequent a block away and we were walking back, and when we passed the service station of the corner Take It Easy was playing. I stopped and everyone else just shook their heads and kept walking. They just don't understand me!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    My hubby acted like he was shooting himself in the head and told Chris not to encourage me. I became the topic of discussion and they all came to the conclusion that it's an obsession---Gee, you think so? DUH!!!!!

and when we passed the service station of the corner Take It Easy was playing. I stopped and everyone else just shook their heads and kept walking. They just don't understand me!
    I can relate to these two incidents! I've also had the "don't encourage her" and head shaking... Thank goodness, we obsessed fans have found each other.

I was listening to a podcast of a radio show from the States and they played a blast of All She Wants To Do Is Dance between the ads and the speech!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Hubby and I went out with some friends Friday night. Our friend Chris went to play the jukebox and awhile later I was mid sentence when I stopped because I heard Hotel California come on. He was playing one song for everyone and that was the one he of course chose for me. My hubby acted like he was shooting himself in the head and told Chris not to encourage me. I became the topic of discussion and they all came to the conclusion that it's an obsession---Gee, you think so? DUH!!!!!

Then Saturday morning, we all went out to breakfast at a restaurant that we frequent a block away and we were walking back, and when we passed the service station of the corner Take It Easy was playing. I stopped and everyone else just shook their heads and kept walking. They just don't understand me!
    Good thing you were only a block from home and not in some strange city on vacation!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I went into a camera shop today just to make an enquiry only to realise that AG was playing in the background. I mumbled some sort of answer then just stayed browsing the photo machine until it finished!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

At work now and Already Gone is on the radio... Ahhhh, I don't think I'll work for the next three minutes. =)

It was on the "true oldies channel"... true oldie?

Still every bit current to me!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Absolutely - all thing must stop when you hear an Eagles tune unexpectedly!!! I've been dying to post this since last week, but as I said in another thread, I haven't been able to get on the board much. Last week, my sister and I were on a day trip, and she drove. We were only on the road for a few minutes and my sister said, "Gosh, you should have brought some of your Eagles CD's. How in the world are you going to get through this whole trip without any Eagles music?" First, I scolded her for not having at least one single Eagles CD in her car. But then, I told her not to panic, surely if we find a classic rock radio station, we would not have to go too long without hearing an Eagles song. I got the eyeroll, but, of course, I was right on - within a half hour, we heard Take It Easy and later on, One of These Nights. But the best part was on the return trip home, we got a Hotel California 3-pack - that's right - Hotel California, New Kid In Town, and Wasted Time all in a row without commercial interruption. I couldn't help but just sit back with a huge grin on my face as I looked at her and said "I told you we'd hear plenty of Eagles music!"

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016