Page 136 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Back in September was in a 16th century tea room in Warwick (England), with my best friend of over 50 years. Then whilst scoffing cake and drinking tea, amongst all these things so very quintessentially English, Take it to the Limit came over on the radio. Both of us just stopped to listen and afterwards I said 'do you remember.......?' We then chatted about seeing the band in 1977, went back to my home, watched HOTE dvd and both had a cry!
    Awwwwww! Very cool, Suze!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Awwwwww! Very cool, Suze!
    Thank you Brooke. It seemed rather surreal and bizarre at the time as we were surrounded by quite a number of white haired, genteel little old ladies and it was totally NOT the place you'd expect to hear that song.

Stuck on the Border

One from me for a change. Heard NKIT in a store while buying Rosalind some school equipment!

As I was getting into my car to head to work, All She Wants To Do Is Dance was the mystery oldie for one of my local radio stations. That was soo cool. It was even cool to hear the announcer say Don Henley, "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" at the end of the song.

Technically, this doesn't involve a song, but I was at Trader Joes today and the guy at the checkout asked me what music I had playing, Human League I said. He'd never heard if them. From the 80's I said, feeling old talking to this 20 something year old. Oh he'll maybe check them out. Then he says he always has one band on his player - Journey! All their albums! I tell him I've been listening to the Eagles for a long time just recently, and he got all worked up, rattling my cart and this bug eyed look, for a second I thought he was going to be a hater, and he says I can't TELL you how much I love the Eagles! I just had to laugh, it was so funny to run into another fan in a market! What are the chances?!

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    Technically, this doesn't involve a song, but I was at Trader Joes today and the guy at the checkout asked me what music I had playing, Human League I said. He'd never heard if them. From the 80's I said, feeling old talking to this 20 something year old. Oh he'll maybe check them out. Then he says he always has one band on his player - Journey! All their albums! I tell him I've been listening to the Eagles for a long time just recently, and he got all worked up, rattling my cart and this bug eyed look, for a second I thought he was going to be a hater, and he says I can't TELL you how much I love the Eagles! I just had to laugh, it was so funny to run into another fan in a market! What are the chances?!
    So cool, ktdids! Their music really does spread over the generations.

Why is it every time I go to the dentist I hear Eagles songs!?! Always 2 of them. Today it was One of These Nights & The Long Run.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Why is it every time I go to the dentist I hear Eagles songs!?! Always 2 of them. Today it was One of These Nights & The Long Run.
    Somehow, someone knows what will soothe you during the procedure

Today: NKIT on the radio as soon as I got in the car leaving school

As I was listening to the the Eagles all day the other day, I finally heard Glenn's solo songs on the radio. The Heat is On and You Belong To The City. My local station always play Don's and Joe's solo songs, but never Glenn's. When I heard KEarth was devoting or playing the Eagles the whole day, I was like I want to hear a Glenn song. I got my wish. I don't know when the next time I will hear any of Glenn's solo songs on the radio.

I just had to go to the grocery store...didn't want to...didn't feel like cleaning off the car...it was all icy and snow covered...still snowing...ugh...when I got to the store...was welcomed by hearing "Take It Easy"...cheered me up a lot!!!