Page 145 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Oh I'm very sorry SC, I really hope you'r ok, good that you had a little Timothy to sooth you

I was in the store this afternoon and heard Hotel California. I was going down the aisle when I notice a familiar playing over the intercom. The volume was soo low, I didn't even know it was HC until I listen closely to it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I went to a Louisville Bats game against the Indianapolis Indians (the Pirate AAA farm club) with a coworker, actually my boss now, and two of her kids. We were on our way back and Take It Easy came on the radio, so of course I turned it up and she begins to tell her kids how many Eagles concerts I've been to just since I started working here a year ago! I think her kids now think I'm a bit crazy.

The youngest is 14 and the other one is 20, and they knew the words to all the Classic Rock songs, and definitely Take It Easy. Good kids!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As we always say ... "Teach the children well"!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

So last night I went to a fireworks event in my hometown. As I was waiting for the show to start. They were playing mostly country music and few rock songs. All of a sudden, a familiar song came on. I was like, I can't believe it. It was Get Over It. I was shocked. I didn't expect to hear that song.

Now later on in the night, I went to seee this country group from the 80s mid 90s called Sawyer Brown. So in the middle of the set, the lead guitarist started playing another familiar. It was Life's Been Good. The keyboard player started signing the song. The crowd went wild they played that song. This is the second time I've seen this group and I don't remember if they played that song the last time they were here.

Oh great fireworks and Eagles music, you'r lucky shun

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    So last night I went to a fireworks event in my hometown. As I was waiting for the show to start. They were playing mostly country music and few rock songs. All of a sudden, a familiar song came on. I was like, I can't believe it. It was Get Over It. I was shocked. I didn't expect to hear that song.

Now later on in the night, I went to seee this country group from the 80s mid 90s called Sawyer Brown. So in the middle of the set, the lead guitarist started playing another familiar. It was Life's Been Good. The keyboard player started signing the song. The crowd went wild they played that song. This is the second time I've seen this group and I don't remember if they played that song the last time they were here.
    Too cool! Both of them! I definitely remember Sawyer Brown, I really liked those guys. I remember seeing them on the Barbara Mandrell show. They had a great version of The Possum's The Race Is On.

I love Get Over It, but I'm not sure it's a fireworks-watching-song, but I'll take it any time I hear it played.
    VK

Shun...that is amazing they played Get Over It...wow...and then to hear another song later in the night...very cool!!!

The song wasn't unexpected, really. SiriusXM/Classic Rewind has been playing all American-only artists all weekend in honor of the 4th, and LITFL has been the only Eagles song played except for In The City once.

What was unexpected the intro to the song a few minutes ago. Out of nowhere! A song ended and then, "Hi, this is Glenn Frey, and you're listening to Pat St. John." I nearly came out of my chair! Then, I did get out of my chair because I can't sit and listen to LITFL, I need to be up and dancing around.

WooHoo! Now they're playing Those Shoes!
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 07-06-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    VK

Just as I was clicking Post on the status I just put in as Eagles Online Central on Facebook, the radio started playing LITFL.
    VK