Page 15 of 213 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Border Desperado

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Went out for pie last night with some girlfriends and while we were placing our orders, I heard What Do I Do With My Heart. After a few moments of embarrassing commentary, the waitress asked which album the song was from. It's a good thing I was there to inform her!

Quote Originally Posted by melrose View Post
    Went out for pie last night with some girlfriends and while we were placing our orders, I heard What Do I Do With My Heart. After a few moments of embarrassing commentary, the waitress asked which album the song was from. It's a good thing I was there to inform her!
    I do that too. Hear a song and tell anyone within earshot something about the song/artist. People just look and say "uh huh" or "really" as if I don't notice their lack of interest.

More than usual unexpectedly they've been playing Last Worthless Evening on my favorite local radio station. Actually I don't think they played it at all until recently. I've heard it at least 4 times in the past couple weeks.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_For_Life View Post
    More than usual unexpectedly they've been playing Last Worthless Evening on my favorite local radio station. Actually I don't think they played it at all until recently. I've heard it at least 4 times in the past couple weeks.
    Are you talking about 96.9 The Eagle? They seem to be playing Don's music a lot lately, not that I'm complaining

Quote Originally Posted by melrose View Post
    Are you talking about 96.9 The Eagle?
    That's the one. I've heard them play Get Over It a couple times before but it's been a long time since I've heard it last.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Saturday morning I wanted to go get my Mom and take her to the cematary to decorate my Dad's grave (she hasn't been able to go there in almost a year because that's when she got so sick and was in and out of hospitals--she is now walking with a cane and able to get around so we thought we'd give it a shot). I had to borrow my son's car because I knew she wouldn't be able to get in and out of our SUV. Anyways, we discovered a new radio station. Apparently my son has been listening to this station for months--Oldies 94.3--Yup--My 18 year old listens to an OLDIES station--I'm so proud! We immediately came home and stuck it on every radio we have and have heard everything from Temptations to Donna Summer, from Frank Sinatra to Nancy Sinatra and everything from KC & The Sunshine Band to the Eagles. They play everything, motown, rock, classic rock, rat pack, 70's and 80's. It's great and a lot of Eagles.

Told Nancy on the phone yesterday, all weekend they had been running a contest where they would ask a trivia question and the 11th caller to answer would win a brand new vinyl copy of Hotel California. Sometimes the questions were Eagle related and sometimes they weren't (which I didn't get). I tried often (tho, my family can't figure out why because I already own about 4 vinyl copies of it) but the closest I ever got was 9th caller.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! Cool radio station, TBF, and even cooler that your parenting skills are proving to be exemplary.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like a great radio station!! And I'm so glad your mom can get to your dads grave again. I know lots of elderly people who get quite upset when they can no longer visit the graves of their loved ones.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just heard "I Can't Tell You Why" at the supermarket!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I *kinda* heard Rocky Mountain Way this morning. Im crazy about this author and series of books, Tim Dorsey and the Serge Storm series.The latest is Nuclear Jellyfish and Im listening to the audio book. They are VERY funny, about a crazy guy named Serge Storm who travels around Florida with is best friend Colman, who's a drug addict/Alcoholic. They're currently driving around Florida in a two tone Javelin and listening to the radio on scan. Rocky Mountain Way came on for a brief moment. *G* Made me smile.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Okay, same audiobook as above, now has a hotel called The Last Resort!!!!! think I need to communicate with Mr. Dorsey!!