Page 150 of 213 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

He did great, but it was more like Travis Trit. I hope he makes it to the semis.

I just heard a Glenn song on the radio I was not familiar with. The local radio station was playing requests for charity money and they played "Party Town"... I was not familiar with it - I think it might just be my favorite Glenn solo tune. I love how groovin' it is. Very Chuck Berry. I seriously love this song. It's a rocker. How I didn't know about it before but I didn't. Perhaps I heard it but never truly gave it any time.

My favorite line (it has to be said): "And told everybody they could kiss my @ss". Almost like Already Gone, it has a stick-it-to-the-man vibe and is an uplifting song.... I love all the lyrics though and the guitar work is quite nice.

Border Rebel

This is one of my favorites by Glenn, too. I wish he would rock out more because he definitely can do it!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I just heard a Glenn song on the radio I was not familiar with. The local radio station was playing requests for charity money and they played "Party Town"... I was not familiar with it - I think it might just be my favorite Glenn solo tune. I love how groovin' it is. Very Chuck Berry. I seriously love this song. It's a rocker. How I didn't know about it before but I didn't. Perhaps I heard it but never truly gave it any time.

My favorite line (it has to be said): "And told everybody they could kiss my @ss". Almost like Already Gone, it has a stick-it-to-the-man vibe and is an uplifting song.... I love all the lyrics though and the guitar work is quite nice.
    It's from No Fun Aloud. It is not a particular favourite of mine. He did do a version of it in Tokyo where he combined it with I Saw Her Standing There, which as far as I was concerned was the highlight.

But it's in the Dublin video, Austin. You have seen that, haven't you?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37DBJ2SBYw[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's from No Fun Aloud. It is not a particular favourite of mine. He did do a version of it in Tokyo where he combined it with I Saw Her Standing There, which as far as I was concerned was the highlight.

But it's in the Dublin video, Austin. You have seen that, haven't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37DBJ2SBYw
    Yeah I have. I guess I just never really gave it a critical or serious listen... I really like uptempo shuffle type songs and am a sucker for those so I really liked this one off the bat once I actually listened to it like I did Smuggler's Blues, The Heat Is On, You Belong To The City, etc.

It's always a fun surprise to rediscover a song like that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's always a fun surprise to rediscover a song like that!
    Yep!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I am one that loves Partytown - I know it's an adolescent romp, but that's what it's supposed to be. To me, it's a really good song and it's just plain FUN!

Austin, have you ever listened to the entire No Fun Aloud album? If not, you may want to give it a listen. I have a feeling you would like a lot of it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Strictly Come Dancing (UK DWTS) opened with an "american smooth" danced to Heartache Tonight. It seemed an odd combination but in a way rather neat that the first time I've watched it this season, they had an Eagles tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Austin, have you ever listened to the entire No Fun Aloud album? If not, you may want to give it a listen. I have a feeling you would like a lot of it.
    I have it on vinyl but never listened to it! I'll do that tonight...