Page 155 of 213 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

For the second time in two months, SiriusXM started playing Those Shoes as I was putting on "Those Shoes", the second time was this morning. I think they were even the same pair of shoes, now that I think about it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

On the way to town to get groceries yesterday, I was arguing with my mom on what radio station to listen to. Just as I was daring to change the dial, Best of my Love came on. I shut up about the statiom for 5 minutes .

Today, while I was waiting on my mom to get the food for our weekly lunch with my nearly 95 year old nana, I was surfing the different local rock stations. I happened to catch Hotel California just as it came on!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I happened to catch Hotel California just as it came on!
    COOL!

Stuck on the Border

I was watching a BBC music documentary on "Easy Listening". Most of it was about the development of the instrumental "elevator" music, but as time went on, there was "easy listening" with vocals - mostly love songs - with people like Englebert Humperdink and the Carpenters. I think they were at the point of talking about crossover from the mainstream charts to the Easy Listening charts and they cited (and played) James Taylor and then a quick blast of "Take it Easy". I'm still not clear why it was there other than the "Easy" in the title as it didn't fit the format of everything that had gone before.

An aside: I had no idea how successful the Easy Listening format is. For example, pianist Richard Clayderman "As of 2006, his record sales number at approximately 150 million, and has 267 gold and 70 platinum albums to his credit."

Banned

To have the biggest selling album of the 20th Century, you have to have a toe in a few genres to attract a large cross section of the music-buying population. I'm not surprised Easy-Listening music fans enjoyed the Eagles too.

Even after they hired Joe, tracks like Wasted Time, Pretty Maids All In A Row and New Kid In Town are more M.O.R. than rock. I'm sure the Eagles get a lot of airplay on Smooth FM.

When I listen to Glenn's After Hours album, I'm fully aware that I'm enjoying music that I used to go out of my way to avoid.

I like to think that I'm older and wiser rather than just old

I see Bruce Hornsby is releasing a compilation album featuring a live version of The End Of The Innocence. I've never heard Bruce sing it. I hope Henley don't mind.

http://www.brucehornsby.com/news/the...ased-may-26th/

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    To have the biggest selling album of the 20th Century, you have to have a toe in a few genres to attract a large cross section of the music-buying population. I'm not surprised Easy-Listening music fans enjoyed the Eagles too.

Even after they hired Joe, tracks like Wasted Time, Pretty Maids All In A Row and New Kid In Town are more M.O.R. than rock. I'm sure the Eagles get a lot of airplay on Smooth FM.

When I listen to Glenn's After Hours album, I'm fully aware that I'm enjoying music that I used to go out of my way to avoid.

I like to think that I'm older and wiser rather than just old

I see Bruce Hornsby is releasing a compilation album featuring a live version of The End Of The Innocence. I've never heard Bruce sing it. I hope Henley don't mind.

http://www.brucehornsby.com/news/the...ased-may-26th/
    Why would Henley mind? They co-wrote the song, didn't they?

And I am sorry but New Kid In Town is not 'MOR'. I Can't Tell You Why, perhaps. But I hate the term being applied to the Eagles. I don't think it's true.
    Last edited by Freypower; 05-27-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Walking through the grocery store today in search of almond flour they claim to have when Take It Easy came on. I believe this elderly gentleman thought I was coming on him to because by the 3rd pass down the aisle he was all winky face & started following me IN A WALKER! No no no...don't ruin an Eagles moment for me.
    On a side note, my son is in Atlantic City today. He said mom there is a huge poster of your boys out front. He had better of taken a picture for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Walking through the grocery store today in search of almond flour they claim to have when Take It Easy came on. I believe this elderly gentleman thought I was coming on him to because by the 3rd pass down the aisle he was all winky face & started following me IN A WALKER! No no no...don't ruin an Eagles moment for me.
    On a side note, my son is in Atlantic City today. He said mom there is a huge poster of your boys out front. He had better of taken a picture for me.
    OMG, jms! That's

And hey, your son is looking out for you! Good job!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

lol!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

On the way to town, my mom is talking about stuff that I don't care about. (We'd just had an argument and I'm not in the best of moods. We don't get along well at all, and I prefer to keep "chit chat" with her to a minimum). Anyway, as she's talking about stuff, I'm in la la land, not caring. I began to hear Lyin Eyes playing, and at first, I thought that my mind was playing tricks with me. It wasn't. Sure enough, I'm hearing the song for real, so I turn up the radio to try and help me relax and cool off. It would have worked if my mom didn't start talking louder . I managed to hear a bit of the song in between my mom's comments about her lunch.

ETA: someone talking snout non important things when I'm listening to music is one of my biggest pet peeves
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time