Page 159 of 213 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Just watched the premiere of "American Horror Story: Hotel," and the song that played before the end credits was HC. Given the storyline is about a haunted hotel, I guess it's not that far fetched the song was included in the soundtrack.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Desperado

I was surprised to hear Hotel California at the end of American Horror Story--Hotel. The first episode of this season was a little too creepy and weird for me.....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Interesting that the guys would agree to use the song in a horror show. Oh well - I guess I can't judge without seeing it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well - as I mentioned in other threads, one of my niece's got married yesterday and, with no intervention from me, there were a few Eagles songs that made the set list for the reception. Of course, there was Take It Easy and Hotel California. But, Life's Been Good and Lyin' Eyes, which is her favorite Eagles song, made the cut as well. I guess we musta done something right raising that girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - as I mentioned in other threads, one of my niece's got married yesterday and, with no intervention from me, there were a few Eagles songs that made the set list for the reception. Of course, there was Take It Easy and Hotel California. But, Life's Been Good and Lyin' Eyes, which is her favorite Eagles song, made the cut as well. I guess we musta done something right raising that girl!
    Lyin' Eyes! That's more of a divorce court song isn't it. Not dedicated to a future ex., Plaintiff! I hope

Congratulations to your niece and her hubby. I hope they have a long, happy and fruitful relationship.

Thanks for the well wishes, F50. The wedding was wonderful and uniquely theirs - and they are a very lovely couple. I agree Lyin' Eyes sure isn't much of a wedding song, but I guess she just went with some songs that were favorites - there were a few other odd choices as well, but it's all good. Overall, the music was very enjoyable and she made great choices for the songs that really count.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Congrats to your niece and her new husband, Dreamer. May they have many years of happiness together! Despite the songs not being your typical wedding songs, I'm sure that they helped make the wedding even more unique.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dreamer, let me congratulate your niece and her new husband as well! (I saw some pics on Fb-gorgeous girl and wedding!) At weddings I've been to most anything is played after the dedicated dances, so if they had some Eagles songs that would have made it all the better for me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dreamer, congrats to your niece and her new hubby! May they live a long and happy life together.

At one point on Sirius XM radio today, Eagles' songs were playing simultaneously on 3 stations: Classic Vinyl, '70s on 7, and The Bridge. I was flipping the buttons back and forth to catch them all!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Thanks for the well wishes for my niece and new nephew everyone. They are a lovely well-grounded couple and I have nothing but high hopes for them.

And after the wedding last weekend, this weekend was followed up with my high school class reunion. Honestly, I was so busy yapping with my old classmates yesterday that I wasn't paying that close attention to the music. However, a classmate that is aware of my Eagles fandom (at least somewhat) did point out when Take It Easy started playing. I hope no others escaped me.