Page 160 of 213 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Dreamer, congrats to your niece and her new hubby! May they live a long and happy life together.

At one point on Sirius XM radio today, Eagles' songs were playing simultaneously on 3 stations: Classic Vinyl, '70s on 7, and The Bridge. I was flipping the buttons back and forth to catch them all!
    That happens to me from time to time too, NOLA!

ITA, LT. Several DJs on Sirius XM apparently love the Eagles!

At the beginning of the film, "Vertical Limit," Chris O'Donnell and Robin Tunney talk about TITTL while climbing a cliff. Tunney actually sings the intro.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

My uncle me yesterday morning. He was in Walmart, and the PA system was playing The Heart of the Matter. He put the phone on speakerphone so that I could hear it. It sounded very different over the phone, lol.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm watching the Atlanta Falcons/ Tennessee Titans game. As it went to commercial, they played the middle instrumental part of Life In the Fast Lane. . Nice surprise!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was in Dundrum Shopping Centre today (The other Irish Borderers may be famiiar with it). I went into the lobby where the ATMs are to withdraw some cash. 'Desperado' was playing on the sound system. I was kinda humming /mouthing along to it as I withdrew my money. Then I looked over at the other ATM and the guy taking out his money was singing it softly to himself too! (And I'd say he was half my age!!)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm on vacation. So I decided to go shopping. As I walked into the store, Take A Picture of This was playing on the radio. That was my first time hearing it on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I was in Dundrum Shopping Centre today (The other Irish Borderers may be famiiar with it). I went into the lobby where the ATMs are to withdraw some cash. 'Desperado' was playing on the sound system. I was kinda humming /mouthing along to it as I withdrew my money. Then I looked over at the other ATM and the guy taking out his money was singing it softly to himself too! (And I'd say he was half my age!!)
    Just a pity it wasn't one of the actual 'Desperado's' singing beside you
    Though I have to say, you're brave going to Dundrum today
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Banned

I can't believe it! on crappy BBC daytime tv show Homes Under The Hammer, that has probably remained in the schedules for years, purely on the strength of the great music they play, they included a snippet of Glenn's Somebody Else. I wasn't paying enough attention to understand the relevance. It's not a song you'd easily associate with property auctions.

Stuck on the Border

Crumbs! I sometimes watch that at the gym and it's the last place I'd expect to hear Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I can't believe it! on crappy BBC daytime tv show Homes Under The Hammer, that has probably remained in the schedules for years, purely on the strength of the great music they play, they included a snippet of Glenn's Somebody Else. I wasn't paying enough attention to understand the relevance. It's not a song you'd easily associate with property auctions.
    Wow! I hate the way they use music in that show. I bet it was about renting a place out or that they were renovating it for 'somebody else'. Dave Gorman did a great rant about the show's music in his most recent Modern Life Is Goodish series.