Page 172 of 213 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Last night, while my mom and I were out and about, we were listening to local radio station that plays pop hits from the 60s- 80s. I've heard the Eagles on this station before, but never any solo songs. Imagine my surprise and happiness when I heard You Belong to the City!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm trying AG!

I have one too from earlier this week - I was in the drug store and heard The Best of My Love ... and it was as beautiful as ever!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Had some great moments last night at Keith Urban's concert in Cincinnati as both Joe and Don will be playing at the same venue (Joe tomorrow and Don next month, which I'm going to Don's) so they were playing Joe and Don's music and Eagles hits in the audio ads for the upcoming concerts. Also saw both their posters at the venue too.

But the best surprise was before we went to the concert we got there early and at the last minute decided to eat dinner before the show and the first song I hear when I open the door of the restaurant was Glenn's "The Heat is On" which made me burst out laughing. LOL My brother got confused and asked me what was going on and I said it's the song. My brother still didn't get it and I said "It's Glenn Frey and I keep hearing his music everywhere." Then it dawned on my brother as he actually forgot Glenn sang that song and he always liked it. LOL I also took it as a sign, as I believe in those things, that the rain we were supposed to get was going to clear out and it's a good thing we did stop there as it stormed pretty badly while we were eating and had we ate at the venue like we planned we would've been soaked. The rain left and we had a fantastic time at the concert.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Lovely story Buffy and I'm glad you enjoyed the show as well.
    I went into a little 'roadie' called the Cabana yesterday with Laura (my 15 year old daughter) to get a late breakfast. They had music playing and the second song I heard was HITW!! I was very surprised. In a nice little follow up the next song on the playlist was 'Something Stupid' with Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - that was one of Lauras favourites when she was only a year old and we used have it on repeat in the car!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just had another funny moment as my Mom has Pandora on a 70s adult-contemporary station and while it was on commercial I joking said "I bet an Eagles song is next" and sure enough "Lyin' Eyes" started playing!!! LOL I really love this story song.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I was one of those Treehouse of Horror episodes (Part XVI episode) on the Simpson and they started to play New Kid IN Town.

One of my local radio stations has been having a Christmas in July weekend so over the past two days I've heard their "Please Come Home for Christmas" multiple times and that is one of my top fav Christmas songs.
    ~*Amanda*~

Last night, I heard "Walk Away" in the pool at Harveys in South Lake Tahoe. I was like, this sounds like Joe! I'm not that familiar w/ his songs, but it's hard not to recognize his voice. My mom was there lounging, and I asked her to tell me who's singing this b/c I wasn't 100% sure. There was a TV at this poolside Cabo Wabo bar that played music and showed the songs and artists. She told me that the bar TV says "talcum powder," so I got out and saw it for myself.

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

We pulled up to a dialysis facility yesterday to pick up a patient just as "one of these nights" came on the radio. Luckily, my partner was fine with listening to the song before we let dispatch know we were there

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

My partner listens to solo Don H a lot (but isn't keen on Cass Country.) Yesterday when I walked past when she was on the computer, she was playing Hotel California (the song.)