Page 173 of 213 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but has she ever said why she isn't keen on Cass County? Just curious to know, partly because some of the reviews of Don's tour moaned about there being too many CC songs (I personally don't think there were by any means). I'm not exactly a country devotee myself, and I like the album a lot.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Heard "Crazy Love" by Poco playing over the speaker systems when I was at a Sprouts Farmers Market earlier in the afternoon.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

One of the local radio stations plays an old episode (I don't know the correct terminology.) of Casey Kasem's American Top 40 on Sunday mornings. I sometimes listen to it. This past Sunday featured one from 1978. The #12 song was Life's Been Good.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

1985 Casey Kasem's American's Top 40 Countdown episode played Not Enough Love In The World last week(the week of 7th). That was the first time I've heard that song on the radio. I think Don was either 33 or 34. I can't remember.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-10-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

"CBS This Morning" played "Life in the Fast Lane" while they were doing a story about Michael Phelps & Ryan Lochte's final Olympic swimming match up tonight!!! Such a fitting choice too as with swimming the top two fastest swimmers end up in the yellow lanes, so they're in the fast lanes. These two have gone back and forth on who's won since 2004, though Ryan's never beat Michael in the Olympics. It's interesting too since they're team mates and friends.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

A few days ago I was watching the Five in Fox News and they played Fast Lane right before the commercials.

I was in Nantucket a few days ago and some guy in his late 20s and early 30s had One Of These Nights blasting out is car.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Local Variety hits station was playing Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" earlier today.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

When I eat at Wendy's I often hear an Eagles song as they play 70s music. The songs they play are usually the hits (for all artists). Imagine my surprise when Train Leaves Here This Morning began playing! I've never even heard it on the radio.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

So I was out shopping earlier and looking through the CD section and noticed the soundtrack for the animated series of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy". I loved the movie and in it and the comics one of the main characters Peter Quill is originally from Earth and has all these cassette tapes his mom made him when he was little full of 70s music, which were her favorites, so the film's soundtrack all had 70s songs. Turns out the TV series does as well and that it features Joe's song "Rocky Mountain Way" and the James Gang's "Walk Away" and "Funk #49" and they were included in three different episodes.

It's been renewed for a 2nd season and the film's sequel will be out next year so it'll be interesting if any Eagles songs show up on the soundtrack. I have the first film's soundtrack and it's got some great songs on it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."