Page 184 of 213 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I was driving home from the store when Take It to the Limit came on. Luckily there weren't any neighbors out seeing me drive around the block a few times lol.
    Lol!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I was driving home from the store when Take It to the Limit came on. Luckily there weren't any neighbors out seeing me drive around the block a few times lol.
    You mean I'm not the only one who does that?
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Border Desperado

don’t worry ‘bout the neighbors anymore .. i just pull in and crank the volume

heard 7BR the other night on Houston’s classic rock station .. appropriately named The Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    don’t worry ‘bout the neighbors anymore .. i just pull in and crank the volume

heard 7BR the other night on Houston’s classic rock station .. appropriately named The Eagle
    Me too, me too! I normally sit in the driveway with the radio cranked and usually the hubs comes out to see what I am doing.

After a very long day at work, hearing Glenn's voice singing Heartache Tonight on the radio driving home was just what I needed. Him singing is an instant mood lifter.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

As soon as I stepped into the grocery store, Soul Searchin' came on! I was pleasantly surprised, since it was not one of the usual Glenn selections you hear on store PAs. I even got to enjoy the whole song without someone interrupting, "Price check on aisle three"!

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    As soon as I stepped into the grocery store, Soul Searchin' came on! I was pleasantly surprised, since it was not one of the usual Glenn selections you hear on store PAs. I even got to enjoy the whole song without someone interrupting, "Price check on aisle three"!
    LOL!! I know the feeling - recently I was in a high rise elevator with a bunch of people talking and laughing when Lyin Eyes came on. Aaargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    LOL!! I know the feeling - recently I was in a high rise elevator with a bunch of people talking and laughing when Lyin Eyes came on. Aaargh.
    In cases like that, I'm thinking, "Be quiet already! Can't you hear what's on? Don't you people know what's important?" LOL

True that!!! What's funny is I have been alone in elevators before when a rockin' song came on and I couldn't stop myself from busting out a couple of raucous dance moves ... security cameras be damned lol!!!

I heard In The City (which I now hate) a couple of times on my local radio station. I was surprised to hear that on the radio. I also heard Walk Away.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley