Page 185 of 213 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I know you got burned out on In the City from Sirius playing it so much. Sometimes I get frustrated with some Oldies Rock stations. For all the hits from Eagles to choose from, they seem to play the same four or so over and over! I think they're lazy! They will say things like, "Sally wants to hear After the Thrill is Gone, but I can't find it..Here's Hotel California!".
    Uh huh.

And Dawn...
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I know you got burned out on In the City from Sirius playing it so much. Sometimes I get frustrated with some Oldies Rock stations. For all the hits from Eagles to choose from, they seem to play the same four or so over and over! I think they're lazy! They will say things like, "Sally wants to hear After the Thrill is Gone, but I can't find it..Here's Hotel California!".
    Uh huh.

And Dawn...
    Same thing where I'm at. Usually I hear Hotel California, Already Gone, Take It to the Limit, and One of These Nights where I live.

Once in a while they will play Take It Easy or Lyin Eyes, and when they really stretch out, The Long Run or Heartache Tonight.

Can't say that I've ever heard other songs like I Can't Tell You Why, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Tequila Sunrise, New Kid In Town, etc on the local radio station(s).

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Stopped by my favorite coffee house this a.m. and while debating what kind of treat to buy ... PEF came on. Awesome.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

This morning, at a ski lodge at Blue Mountain, Ontario, "Best of My Love". Probably the only song I recognised all day.

Stuck on the Border

Yesterday my local NY classic rock station played NKIT, HT and TIE.

Not recently, but about a year or so back (before I started posting here), I was at a conference for work when I heard Poco's Keep On Trying come on the radio at the place we were having lunch.

I love that song and recognized it immediately, but one of the people I was there with thought it was some religious/choir song lol. This person, who is at least 20-25 years older than I am (I just turned 30 a couple of months back), had no idea who Poco was. I told him about Poco and TBS. Still no recognition.

I then said, well TBS was the second bass player the Eagles had, and he was like "I know the Eagles!" lol.

Then he paused and said "Wait, they had more than one bass player?"

I nearly face-palmed (but didn't because he was one of my supervisors lol) and started talking to him about Poco, the Eagles, Randy and TBS.

So if nothing else came from the conference, at least one person left there more educated about the Eagles and music history lol.

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Currently watching the figure skating team competition of the Winter Olympics and the ice dancing pair from Canada just did their skate to a medley of classic rock songs with first The Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil", the more Latin sounding version of "Hotel California" I think from HFO but could have been a cover, and then Santana's "Oye Coma Va".
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm watching the Olympics right now and the Canadian ice dancing pair skated to a classic rock medley that included the beginning of Hotel California, the acoustic HFO version. I was so excited I was screaming at the tv. I'd give them an extra point for using such great music, but deduct points for not using the entire song

Border Rebel

Just heard "Hotel California" on the Olympics. It was during ice dancing. It was the Hell Freezes Over version, just the instrumental.

LOL, my my and buffyfan, we all posted about the same thing at the same time!