Page 19 of 213 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    Driving to see the family today, we heard "Rocky Mountain Way" - the song information on our car radio said it was Joe Walsh (duh!) with Barnstorm?? Can someone explain? Was that a group he was with? It was a good version...

Also - my 12 year old was at the pool with a friend and The Long Run came on and she wouldn't go in the water until the song was over so she could sing along...lol...

RMW isn't with Barnstorm though. It is on The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get (1975).

Smoker You Drink was released in 73, Not 75

Stuck on the Border

Yes, OK. In Australia the song was not a hit until 1975. I don't know why it took so long. So What was 1975.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, actually the 1973 The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get album that includes Rocky Mountain Way is Barnstorm. The 1972 Barnstorm album was recorded by Joe, Joe Vitale, and Kenny Passarelli. For The Smoker You Get album, they added Rocke Grace to the lineup and were billed as Joe Walsh and Barnstorm. All four men have writing credits on RMW so to me, it definitely qualifies as a Barnstorm recording.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

thanks, EL - I didn't know that...I didn't like it as much as the way he does it now, probably because I'm more familiar with it...but it was a good version...nice to hear him from a different era...

~Tonja~

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, actually the 1973 The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get album that includes Rocky Mountain Way is Barnstorm. The 1972 Barnstorm album was recorded by Joe, Joe Vitale, and Kenny Passarelli. For The Smoker You Get album, they added Rocke Grace to the lineup and were billed as Joe Walsh and Barnstorm. All four men have writing credits on RMW so to me, it definitely qualifies as a Barnstorm recording.

My copy of the album has 'JOE WALSH' written on it in large letters, regardless of the band's lineup.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-05-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I responded to you, FP, but then decided that this was getting so off-topic that I deleted my post and started another thread about it in Joe's forum.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-06-2009 at 11:43 AM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Walking through Parkdale Mall with my old friend and her kids (ages 4-15), we heard the guitar solo for Hotel California playing over the mall's loudspeakers. "That sounds familiar," the eldest girl said. "Yeah, it does," the next youngest said, a boy. "That's 'Hotel California' by the Eagles," I volunteered, happy that they at least kind of recognized it. "Oh yeah! We've played that song on Guitar Hero. That's why it sounded familiar," the eldest girl said. Off they went, missing my look of chagrin, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was in a department store today, Kohl's, and heard I Don't Want to Hear Anymore done by some other group! There was a male lead as well as male harmonies, but of course with department store music they never say who the artists are...so I will never know. The song was a decent version...it was just weird.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border

I wonder if that was Paul Carrack's version with Don and Tim harmonising. I wasn't aware it had been released yet.