Page 199 of 213 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

OH MY! Looks like we are going to have to send you two back to the Eagles 101 class.

Actually, it may be best it we don't tell anyone about this - it'll just be our dirty little secret.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    OH MY! Looks like we are going to have to send you two back to the Eagles 101 class.

Actually, it may be best it we don't tell anyone about this - it'll just be our dirty little secret.

Is that the class where we have to listen to Eagles all day long? Where do I sign up?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - that's the one. You listen to the music repeatedly as the instructor slowly dissects the anatomy of the band. Brutal, huh?

I think the course was dropped - maybe a lack of participation because the tuition was too steep.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Sign me up. Who's teaching the class? Is their an Eagle in there somewhere? LOL

Oh come on. I'm not the only one that it takes a second to figure out which song is playing.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Sign me up. Who's teaching the class? Is their an Eagle in there somewhere? LOL

Oh come on. I'm not the only one that it takes a second to figure out which song is playing.
    No, we've already established there's at least two of us.

Heard "James Dean" in Cain's Chicken yesterday! Inescapable Eagles!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I heard Midnight Flyer this morning on the way to work. Yes I did recognize it. lol

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Not sure if this is exactly where this goes, but here it is...

My bff just texted me, saying she kept forgetting to tell me, but the Eagles were the Final Jeopardy question on Jeopardy on July 25th. Category: 1970s Album Reviews. The answer: "Rolling Stone said this 1976 album had "the best & worst tendencies of L.A.-situated rock" and was an "unflattering portrait of the milieu."

So, what's the question?

(And I apologize if someone else posted this. I don't remember seeing it.)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Today I heard a song I needed to hear! As I've said elsewhere, I'm visiting my family. Today we had some high stress drama at the airport picking up my nephews as my parents, who it seems get agitated over so little nowadays, were hollering at each other - Dad felt that they had parked too far away and it was Mom's fault because she had told him to turn too early and now we would be late to pick up my nephews blahblahblah... I was tense, then "Take It Easy" came on the airport loudspeakers. I instantly felt better. THANK YOU EAGLES!!
    I have an "add-on" to this: Today some people from Columbus and the Secretary of State's office is coming "to visit." We've never had anyone from the SOS come here. I'll admit: I'm a little nervous about it. My office is clean for the first time... ever. This morning I go out into the building to take care of the cats before going to work. Flip on the radio... and "Peaceful Easy Feeling" is playing. Yep, I needed that.

Now all I have to do is stay busy until 2pm...

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I have an "add-on" to this: Today some people from Columbus and the Secretary of State's office is coming "to visit." We've never had anyone from the SOS come here. I'll admit: I'm a little nervous about it. My office is clean for the first time... ever. This morning I go out into the building to take care of the cats before going to work. Flip on the radio... and "Peaceful Easy Feeling" is playing. Yep, I needed that.

Now all I have to do is stay busy until 2pm...
    So, have they left yet? Are you back browsing threads on the board pretending to look busy or are you actually staying busy?