Page 2 of 213 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Can I move to Lafayette please Soda?

POMPOY always lifts my spirits as well when I hear it come on the radio unexpectedly. Makes me grin from ear to ear!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Can I join you please, Lisa?

Maybe I go to the wrong stores, but all I ever hear is the older, well-known stuff, like Desperado, New Kid In Town & Life In The Fast Lane. Take It To The Limit seems to be a real favourite in the UK, too. I would die if I heard Heart Of The Matter when I was out shopping!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's the power of good music; that's why we love these guys.
    That's right Soda.

I've already posted my story somewhere here too, but this past September 23, the day before my Chicago Eagles concert, I was shopping at the mall when New Kid In Town started playing. I wanted to shout out
    "HEY, I'M GOING TO SEE THESE GUYS TOMORROW!!!!!"
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Last week at work i was approaching my last hour of tables and I was so incredibly tired and sleepy. I'm still trying to adjust to working the nights. There weren't a whole lot of people playing blackjack at 3:30 in the morning and as I got to my last table I heard the beginning of Take It Easy. It's amazing how hearing one song can completely change your mood and wake you up.

Border Desperado

There is a station in the UK, was called Virgin but now Absolute ? if and when I work, these guys play Hotel almost every day, well if it is on, my pals at work know they will not get any sence from me for approx 8 Mins ? as for the other 10 hours in the day the same could be said ?

Cheers Gary

Hey I just posted this on my 'birthday' thread.....

My husband and I were waiting outside our hotel in Miami, Florida for the shuttle to take us back to the airport this morning and over the hotel sound system I heard "Bells will be ringing.... the sad sad news....." awh!!!! Don was singing me home! LOL So weird to see Christmas decorations and hear Christmas music when it's sunny and 78 degrees and palm trees everywhere!!!! But so good to hear the boys sing....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    So weird to see Christmas decorations and hear Christmas music when it's sunny and 78 degrees and palm trees everywhere!!!! But so good to hear the boys sing....
    cm - I know exactly what you mean. In the late 90's, I was working in Florida for over a year. I was traveling back and forth from Virginia to various cities all over Florida. I just so happened to be working in Miami during November and December that year. Sometimes I would fly in on Sunday just so I could spend the day on the beach. It was very weird seeing Christmas decorations on the beach. Too bad they didn't pipe in Please Come Home For Christmas - that would've been perfect. I have to admit though - I had a very difficult time getting my Christmas shopping done that year. No way I wanted to leave that beach and head for a shopping mall!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

For the first time ever on Jan.1st, I also heard Funky New Year on the radio while in the car driving to a friend's house.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Bob and I went to Harbor Freight and they had a radio on in the store and Already Gone came on, I never looked at so many tools in my life so we wouldn't leave until it was over. Then we went to the 99 Cent store and Heart of the Matter was playing. I've heard them play that song in there quite a few times. They must be Henley fans.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hubby and I just got back from the restaurant around the corner (the one I have posted here that we heard How Long). Anyways, we were standing in the buffet line and PEF came on, hubby nudged me and said "they're playing them again!" I just stood there with a silly grin once again. Have I said how much I love this restaurant!
    He sings it high, he plays it low