Page 200 of 213 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    So, have they left yet? Are you back browsing threads on the board pretending to look busy or are you actually staying busy?
    I'm sure my co-workers are wondering why I'm laughing out loud right now. You and Pippinwhite made my day. They just left. (Which means we can turn the WiFi back on.) And, yes, I managed to stay busy by working on a "little" problem that I would have abandoned (because I had an alternative) quickly just to keep my mind occupied. But they're gone... and I'm still here.

And I'm kinda digging this clean office. Wonder how long I'll keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Not sure if this is exactly where this goes, but here it is...

My bff just texted me, saying she kept forgetting to tell me, but the Eagles were the Final Jeopardy question on Jeopardy on July 25th. Category: 1970s Album Reviews. The answer: "Rolling Stone said this 1976 album had "the best & worst tendencies of L.A.-situated rock" and was an "unflattering portrait of the milieu."

So, what's the question?

(And I apologize if someone else posted this. I don't remember seeing it.)
    My Mom watches Jeopardy a little later because she records it on her DV-R. I was so excited that I knew the answer to a final Jeopardy question!

And glad those SOS folks have left so you can relax!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

When reading the Rolling Stone quote, I'm sure I'm not the only one who hears Bob Costas in their head, reading it to Glenn during his '80s interview. Funny how Jeopardy used the same references.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I was in Walmart last night getting items and I heard The Boys Of Summer on the intercom. I just love when an Eagles or the guys solo songs play in the store.

Makes me think of Don saying something about hearing the musik version of Desperado while you are staring at the frozen peas.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-02-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I usually record I Want My 80s on MTV Classic because sometimes they will play one of Glenn or Don's song. So this morning, I was watching yesterday's episode of I Want My 80s and they played How Long. It was weird because 1: That's the first time they've ever played an Eagles song and 2: The song came out in 2007. Its not an 80s song, but it was cool to hear it. I was so shocked. They also played David Bowie's 2013 single The Stars Are Out Tonight.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-07-2019 at 01:23 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I usually record I Want My 80s on MTV Classic because sometimes they will play one of Glenn or Don's song. So this morning, I was watching yesterday's episode of I Want My 80s and they played How Long. I was because 1: That's the first time they've ever played an Eagles song and 2: The song came out in 2007. Its not an 80s song, but it was cool to hear it. I was so shocked. They also played David Bowie's 2013 single The Stars Are Out Tonight.
    Bizarre but cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I usually record I Want My 80s on MTV Classic because sometimes they will play one of Glenn or Don's song. So this morning, I was watching yesterday's episode of I Want My 80s and they played How Long. It was weird because 1: That's the first time they've ever played an Eagles song and 2: The song came out in 2007. Its not an 80s song, but it was cool to hear it. I was so shocked. They also played David Bowie's 2013 single The Stars Are Out Tonight.
    I was watching I Want My 80s the other night too, which I rarely watch, and they played All She Wants to Do is Dance!

I noticed that too, though, that they played videos that were not from the 80s. They played Queen's The Show Must Go On, which came out in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I was watching I Want My 80s the other night too, which I rarely watch, and they played All She Wants to Do is Dance!

I noticed that too, though, that they played videos that were not from the 80s. They played Queen's The Show Must Go On, which came out in the 90s.
    They usually play All She Wants To Do is Dance. I think I did hear it this week, but I know I heard it last week.

They use to play The End of The Innocence, You Belong To The City and The Boys of Summer. They haven't played those videos that much since they change the channel from VH1 Classics to MTV Classics.

I had wonder about The Show Must Go On too. That's 91. That came out a few months before Freddie died.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was in a restaurant last night - Captain Americas. Its kind of like an Irish equivalent of TGIF. It has loads of music memorabilia, and in the rafters it has rack upon rack of album sleeves inclusing several Eagles albums, and Glenn 's NFA.
    Anyway as we were being lead to our table PEF came on, and then while we were eating our meal we were treated to THIO!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I was in WalMart and I heard Sunset Grill.