Page 201 of 213 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Out on the Border

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I played lighting link slots yesterday, and the "Hotel California" played on the radio, so I grabbed my wife and started dancing with her.

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Heard "Boys of Summer" in the store... only it was the wrong one!

I guess this falls under "Thought I was hearing the Eagles unexpectedly only to be disappointed" lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well that was an interesting version. Other than the music is a little faster, its almost the same. I thought it was ok, but this version is not my cup of tea. I don't like this genre, but I watch the whole video.

I wonder if Don knows about this version. This came out in 2003 and their version was certified gold.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Troubadour

Hasn't Henley commented on their lack of use of the 'Deadhead' line in the past?

Border Troubadour

Found it, from an interview with the Montreal Gazette during Cass County promotion. The most Don Henley comments of all time to boot.

MG: Were you OK with the Ataris changing “Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac” to “Black Flag sticker” in their Boys of Summer cover?DH: Not really. No, not really. But I wasn’t upset enough to do anything about it. I just went, “OK. Fine.” And if you noticed, we haven’t heard much from the Ataris since then. You know that story, right, what happened to them?
    MG: I can’t remember.
    DH: I mean, they wrote some songs, very poorly — they were not very good songwriters — and they put out an album, and the only song that people would want to hear when they did a concert was Boys of Summer. And the lead singer apparently got so angry about it that he had a T-shirt made that said “Who the f— is Don Henley?”, or “Who the hell is Don Henley?” or something like that. And he would apparently wear that on stage (laughs) … and I thought that was really childish. But it was funny at the same time, because it was a clear message to them that they needed to work on their craftsmanship.
    https://montrealgazette.com/entertai...-of-glenn-frey

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Found it, from an interview with the Montreal Gazette during Cass County promotion. The most Don Henley comments of all time to boot.

https://montrealgazette.com/entertai...-of-glenn-frey
    Wow! I had no idea about all that drama, or I had forgotten about it lol. I can't believe that guy wore a disrespectful shirt like that at his concerts. It's not Don's fault that his song is so much better than theirs. lol Plus it totally distracts from the Ataris' music.

(Although I notice that even their band name is a rip-off of another company's product!)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I gotta agree with you about this, Soda. If a band isn't talented enough to create their own high quality original music and, instead, resorts to covering a classic song by a legendary singer, then they should be prepared for some negative feedback.

Thank for tracking down the interview, tlr.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Watching Seinfeld. Elaine's date tells her to stop talking so he can hear "Desperado" on the car radio. 😊 Elaine likes "Witchy Woman. " (Witch-ay Woe-man!)

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Oh my. How the heck you never heard of Don Henley. I guess they never heard of the Eagles. Heck Hotel California. They would had known who Don Henley is. Don't hate on Don. He had every right to be angry especially when you changed a well known line in a song.

Don has been out for almost 50 years and he's still big today. Like Don said. Where are they now? I've never heard of this band. Plus their music is not my cup of tea. They just did a very fast version of The Boys Of Summer.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Oh my. How the heck you never heard of Don Henley. I guess they never heard of the Eagles. Heck Hotel California. They would had known who Don Henley is. Don't hate on Don. He had every right to be angry especially when you changed a well known line in a song.

Don has been out for almost 50 years and he's still big today. Like Don said. Where are they now? I've never heard of this band. Plus their music is not my cup of tea. They just did a very fast version of The Boys Of Summer.
    I totally agree with shun.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you