Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I was in the bathroom doin' the girly thang with my hair and makeup and I heard "Life Of Illusion" come on in the other room. I asked Jenni what she was watching and she said "The 40 year old Virgin" It was the opening credits song! I didnt notice that when I saw it about 100 years ago (or when it came out.. *G*)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I had one experience in a supermarket when I heard True Love. I couldn't believe it, because the song was not a hit here.
    That must have been really cool. I love your new signature Julie. It's so cool.

I was in Wally World a while back and I heard Sunset Grill and I went crazy. I was so happy to hear Don.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

I heard Sad Cafe at work tonight!!! I don't ever hear that song on the radio and it's the first time i heard it at work. I was on my way to the break room when I heard it. I made my friend walk slow with me just so that i could hear the whole song.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Me and mom went to Taco House for lunch, and I heard on the way to the bathroom Peaceful Easy Feeling

At the veterinary hospital I work at, there are 3 distinct areas that have music playing: the waiting room with either radio or CD (which I rarely hear); the treatment room where I spend most of my time working on hospitalized cases or the pets I admit from an appointment - (radio); and surgery where I spend most of my day on Thursdays - (radio). I usually let my technician decide the station du jour when we're in surgery...as long as it's not really hard rock or rap, I'm OK. The waiting room and treatment room stations are under 'whose-ever' control, and something I don't even think about...I just listen as I pass through or work within. Normally I might hear, at most, one Eagles song in my 3-day workweek. Yesterday, however, I heard a first...three Eagles songs in one day! The morning started off with Already Gone, and a couple of hours later I heard Don on Hotel Cal. Then, near the end of the night, Take it Easy came on. Although I was all smiles earlier in the day, it wasn't until TIE that I physically stopped in my tracks with the cat I was treating, grabbed a post-it, and wrote down the initials for the 3 songs. The treatment room tech looked at me kinda funny, so I just returned the look and said matter-of-factly, "What? I heard 3 Eagles songs today," as if that event would lead anyone to write it down on a post-it! She simply took the cat from me and waited till I was finished.

Only the other doctors (and maybe a few others) know about my Eagle fan-dom, and no one knows about the Borderhood (unless they're sneakin' a peak over my shoulder after hours when we should be writing up files...)

Borderhood...I love it! EV, you do definitely have a way with words!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Went to the restaurant around the corner for breakfast again this morning and they were playing How Long again! My husband says since we never hear any commercials, it must not be a radio station they are listening to but someone must have a cd or ipod playing over the speakers. We always hear at least 1 Eagles song while there. No one pointed it out to me today tho like they usually do.

Then we went on into the city to get a few groceries (and to get me the heck out of the house after a week being snowed in with kids) and the radio station we listen to has "block party weekends", they played 3 in a row, Lyin' Eyes, Hotel California and Witchy Woman. It's been an Eagles day for me and I wasn't the one playing them.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    lol - I thought the same thing!

Willie - an Eagles block - sweet!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm really enjoying reading about everyone's Eagles encounters. Coming back from one of my recent errands HC came on the radio, and latterly hubby and I have been listening to a station called Arrow Rock at night - Heartache Tonight and Already Gone most recently.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Thanks...I really liked that one when it hit me! Kind of like Boyz in the Hood, or JLo's 'Jenny from the Block'--we could refer to you as Cathy from the 'Hood!