Page 63 of 213 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Yesterday we went to Boston Pizza restaurant & the 1st song we heard after we sat down was "Hotel California".

Last week I was coming out of a movie & I heard a song playing in the distance. Couldn't hear it well enough to identify it, but I could tell it was an Eagles song. I think my ears are conditioned to recognize Eagles songs before my brain does! Anyway, as I got closer I could tell that it was "Desperado". As I walked closer to the origin of the music it got quite loud & I discovered that it was coming from a car - a jazzy red convertible! Someone has very good taste in both cars and music!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Last week I was coming out of a movie & I heard a song playing in the distance. Couldn't hear it well enough to identify it, but I could tell it was an Eagles song. I think my ears are conditioned to recognize Eagles songs before my brain does! Anyway, as I got closer I could tell that it was "Desperado". As I walked closer to the origin of the music it got quite loud & I discovered that it was coming from a car - a jazzy red convertible! Someone has very good taste in both cars and music!
    I think we might all have a touch of that....or I am talking away and all of a sudden I hear the first note or two of the song and I stop and name the song...or I'll be in a really loud place and all of a sudden I can hear it in the back of my mind and my brain just starts focusing on it-similar in the brain to your Desperado incident, I think.

Yesterday just as I got in my car to go somewhere The Long Run started. I love it when that happens! I also love it when I'm cruising down the highway and Heartache Tonight starts playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yesterday just as I got in my car to go somewhere The Long Run started. I love it when that happens! I also love it when I'm cruising down the highway and Heartache Tonight starts playing.
    I love it when my clock radio wakes me up with "Take IT Easy"!

I heard The Heat Is On on the radio a little earlier. Our local radio station plays it quite often - along with The End Of The Innocence and Not Enough Love In The World.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Left tonight and they were playing Take It to the Limit...then they played Brown Eyed Girl

Edit: I was thinking BEG bugged someone here, but I might be thinking of someone else.

Here was also just to hear The Heat Is On on the Radio!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

When I'm working or going out, I put my puppy in "his room", which is the upstairs bathroom so he doesn't have the run of the house. I always turn the radio on for him. Yesterday, when I turned the radio on, I heard some familiar notes and immediately recognized that it was The Boys of Summer playing. I always finish listening to any Eagles/solo song. But, when I realized that it was the Ataris' cover of the song, I didn't bother.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    When I'm working or going out, I put my puppy in "his room", which is the upstairs bathroom so he doesn't have the run of the house. I always turn the radio on for him. Yesterday, when I turned the radio on, I heard some familiar notes and immediately recognized that it was The Boys of Summer playing. I always finish listening to any Eagles/solo song. But, when I realized that it was the Ataris' cover of the song, I didn't bother.
    Now you're going to have to play Smuggler the real thing, just to make sure he develops good taste in music.

My dog dances with my daughter & I when I play Eagles DVDs...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I just saw a documentary about a motel which is located exactly on the border of Nevada and Utah, it‘s called „Border Inn“!
    While indoor shots from the Motel been shown was to hear in the background Take it Easy! A few minutes later was to hear The Long Run!
    Last edited by Koala; 07-16-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Now you're going to have to play Smuggler the real thing, just to make sure he develops good taste in music.

My dog dances with my daughter & I when I play Eagles DVDs...
    Oh trust me, EK - Smuggler is already quite familiar with the real thing - and many other outstanding Eagles and solo tunes as well! You are right - he must develop good taste in music ... only the best for my pup!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016