Page 85 of 213 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Just seen an ad for a new TV series called 'So I Married A Gangster'. But quite prominently in the background 'the Good Life' was playing!!
    iS THE SHOW ON CABLE OR NETWORK??

I'm wathching DWTS & ABC just aired an ad for a new series called "The Last Resort".

I've been at Dr. Appts the last two days and it seems like the Eagles have been playing CONSTANTLY. Not that I have a problem with that.

First it was LE yesterday on XM and then today in the car I heard OOTN and in the waiting room I heard TITTL.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

See , the gods are watching over you

hope all is well

I am listening to the sports talk radio station here in Buffalo...there are two guys on the air from 3-7P...the one guy "Bulldog" just said "Take It To The Limit" by the Eagles is one song you do not want to have stuck in your head'...and they started playing it in the background...and then he said he heard it today while pumping gas and now he can't get it out of his head...and he hates it!!!...the other guy said "i like that song"...not sure whether or not to change the station..I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor ...thinking how dare you say that about any Eagles song!...he just went down a few pegs in my book...am I overreacting? maybe so but I don't like people criticizing them...only we can..in our oh so loving way

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Wow, Zelda, do yourself a favor and never search on any of our guys on Twitter. Some of the things I read makes my eyes pop. Even the good things that are said can be...weird. Like earlier today, a guy said he was cooking dinner. Naked. While listening to Don Henley.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Wow, Zelda, do yourself a favor and never search on any of our guys on Twitter. Some of the things I read makes my eyes pop. Even the good things that are said can be...weird. Like earlier today, a guy said he was cooking dinner. Naked. While listening to Don Henley.
    oh no I couldn't handle it...weird I can handle, but not not criticizing them...someone really said that about Don ...huh...now I've got that picture in my head!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

On my screen right now (I keep them up and refresh every once in a while) I see some guy saying Dirty Laundry is the second worst Henley song (second to If Dirt Were Dollars) and that he had a terrible solo career. Immediately below that is a woman who really really wants to hear Boys of Summer but she can't find a link to a video. I almost replied with 'for $0.99 on Amazon you could buy it and listen to it whenever you want'. But I didn't.

What bothers me is all the hate tweets Joe's been getting that are intended for the Congressman Joe Walsh. Some are pretty bad.

On a good note, while I was outside having a fight with the shop-vac, one of the neighbors was playing Hotel California.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Aww zelda - don't be too sensitive about criticism about the band. There is a contingency of Eagles haters out there in the world, but, forturnately, they are not nearly as strong and plentiful as the Eagle lovers. I let most of what I read just roll of my back, although, I have to admit that occasionally I'll see something that sets me off.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Aww zelda - don't be too sensitive about criticism about the band. There is a contingency of Eagles haters out there in the world, but, forturnately, they are not nearly as strong and plentiful as the Eagle lovers. I let most of what I read just roll of my back, although, I have to admit that occasionally I'll see something that sets me off.
    I know you and VA are right...but when one of my own favorite radio guys says he "hates" anything Eagles...makes my hair stand on end!!!