Page 9 of 213 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_For_Life View Post
    Last week I was put on hold at work and it was Peaceful Easy Feeling on the other end of the line.
    The only problem with this would be if they took you off hold--it would be tempting to say "put me back on till the song is over please".

Again this weekend, as they do every weekend, WAOR 95.30 had their block party weekend and once again was able to catch a couple blocks of 3 songs by our guys!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I was treating to the Greatest Hits at work today by one of my service users. He knows I love the Eagles so he blasted it from his room all morning. The CD even repeated itself. I didn't complain!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    The only problem with this would be if they took you off hold--it would be tempting to say "put me back on till the song is over please".
    I was thinking the same thing when I read FFL's post.

Lou, that was nice of him to play the Eagles for you.

I don't know who it was that was playing the music at work last night but they were playing some great songs. I got to jam out to a lot of good classic rock and just when I was thinking "Why aren't they playing the Eagles too?" I heard the beginning of a familiar song. Sunset Grill was playing. Not the Eagles, but it was just as satisfying.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Just with the shopping I heard Hotel California! Today I needed a little longer for my purchases.
    This was the first timel I heard the Eagles in a shop.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I was heading out to work this afternoon, feeling quite disgruntled, as I had just tried to get tix to see Bruce in Asbury Park, and was not successful.
    I got in the car, and I just happened to turn on a radio station that I rarely listen to. Well, thank goodness I did listen today, as "Peaceful Easy Feeling" was playing!! I made sure to drive slowly, so I could hear the entire song. That really cheered me up!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Okay, The last three of four days (maybe longer since I didnt go anywhere yesterday) every time I get in the car and turn on the radio, there's an Eagles song playing!! the first time it was Hotel California, then Lyin' Eyes and today it was Fastlane! (there may have been another in between there) If this keeps up Im going to start making up places to go just to turn on the car radio! *G*

Border Desperado

Okay, I have been hearing the Eagles music everywhere lately. Last night I went out to dinner with my family and we got to hear "Peaceful Easy Feeling". Then, late that night while I was at the grocery store, I heard "Take It Easy". And today, while I was out bowling, I got to hear "Witchy Woman", "Heartache Tonight", "Already Gone", AND "LITFL". I didn't get to see who selected the songs off the tune selector, but whoever it was, I applaud their music selections Needless to say, it was the best time I had had bowling in a while

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

We had to run out for awhile today (even tho everyone here is sick this weekend!) and when I ran into Walmart for some cold medications, they were playing PEF. We decided to stop and get a good lunch so no one would have to cook, as we were just getting up from the table to leave, Boys Of Summer came on so I sat there and said now we had to wait. Larry said no we won't because we would probably just hear it in the car anyways! Need I say, I made sure we did!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Last night I was watching the show Brothers and Sisters. There was a segment where Timmy's Make You Feel My Love was playing in the background. Only someone else was singing. I thought 'why are they not playing Timmy's version?'
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Hey Brooke, I heard Make You Feel My Love on B&S last night, too. I know the song has been covered quite a lot. I'm pretty sure the version they used last night was by Adele. How great would it have been to hear Timothy though