Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilana

Default Dilana

Wish I lived in LA! Or at least could visit!

MikeA

Default Re: Dilana

Dilana is starring in a movie! "Angel in Camouflage". Don't know anything about it but she's in the process of filming it.

She has a couple of new songs posted on her MySpace page too. And she SMOKES on them. "Killer Queen" (the Freddie Mercury song) is great. But the new one is "Loud Silence" and another is "ICE". The latter two are acoustic filmed live at a club. She just keeps getting better vocally.

http://www.myspace.com/dilanarox

MikeA

Dilana had cut an album that got tied up in a bankruptcy lockdown while touring over in the UK. She was left stranded in London as a result of that. Then this record label (Kabunk Records (Bunky)) bought rights to that album. There followed a lot of plans for Bunky to produce Dilana's album and produce a new one. It is the new one being sobbed over below in Dilana's Blog entry.

As you read, notice the emphasis on "HE" (Bunky) in the Blog. Dilana will likely get very little out of that work. That has been the sad story of Musicians since the beginning....they have the talent, but the Labels get the money!

THIS SUX:

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Album news:

So after months of reading thru contracts and negotiations, sum new developments arose today.

In fact, I woke up to multiple e-mails from attorneys this morning with the news that...

The plans to sign a record deal with Kabunk Records (Bunky), no longer exist. That's it. I'm not dragging this out and explaining all the insignificant details.

Basically, it felt wrong and the universe was working to our advantage by giving both Bunky and I the signs to NOT go through with it.

Sadly, but as always NOT discouraged, I shall march on and continue to write new music and perform live and hopefully touch many more lives!!

Bunky has plans to still release the record which HE owns, digitally. He believes in the record and wants to share it with you. I BELIEVE that he will do that.

Dear friends, fans, supporters, believers and listeners, THANK YOU again and again for the daily inspiration, motivation and love that you provide, even through these cyber waves, I know it, I feel it.

Yours',

Dilana.

MikeA

Aw, that's too bad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Latest Promo for Dilana

MikeA

Credit where credit is due. Original article and several pics of Dilana during the performance are at:

http://wehonews.com/z/wehonews/archi...articleID=3519

Sundown on Sunset: Dilana

Thursday, June 4, 2009 – Music By Sean Patrick, West Hollywood

"It was an energetic, artistic, and very fun show. Check her out on Myspace (Dilanarox), and put Dilana on your radar, because the next time that line out front will be for her".

MikeA

Good review, great thoughts on watching artists perform live.

I saw Dilana on Rock Star, I watched the whole thing back then and as strange as she looked to me, she could belt out a song.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Dilana won Best Actress in the International Film Festival for her role in Angel in Camouflage! I read on her fan site that she is already moving on to two more films. Maybe if she doesn't make it as a Rock Star (which she certainly IS) she'll make her splash as an actress!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...id=19300231430
    Attached Images Attached Images

MikeA

Here's the movie trailer for Dilana's debut

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnnnYqEIxCo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

MikeA

I remember watching her on Rock Star Supernova for that show. Very good singer.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7t9hISDnMw&feature=related[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."