Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm goin' back in time and it's a sweet dream...

Default Re: I'm goin' back in time and it's a sweet dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Fair enough, Soda, I assume that what you say is correct. Apologies. I admit to surprise that they had not played those songs. I take it that you have seen setlists for the entire Long Run tour and those songs were never played?
    I have seen several setlists from different legs of the tour. It is conceivable that they played the songs spontaneously at some shows and those shows were never recorded (thus leaving no evidence that they were ever played), but I find it doubtful. The Eagles are not known for their spontaneity.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I believe it was Brooke who said she wished she could remember more from a HC concert she attended. I'm right there with you on that, Brook!

I attended the late 1976 HC concert in Wichita. Commerative concert for me since that was the first tour Joe made with the Eagles. And he was playing a town in which he was born AND one in which he still has a lot of family ties.

And I do not remember many of the details of that concert and I sure would like to (no elaboration!). There was a lot going on then for me. That concert was during the first couple of months that my wife and I met and were beginning to start our lives together! She didn't get to go to that concert with me and I'd love to roll back the clock and INSIST that she come!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I think for me it would have to be HFO because that was the big "reunion" and it was like discovering them all over again. I'm like GA, if I had to pick a specific show it would be Christchurch (even with the rain). I just LOVE that show.

This topic makes me kinda sad tho because I immediately thought about the fact that I had tickets for HC and Farewell and never got to use them.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I believe it was Brooke who said she wished she could remember more from a HC concert she attended. I'm right there with you on that, Brook!

I attended the late 1976 HC concert in Wichita.

And I do not remember many of the details of that concert and I sure would like to (no elaboration!).
    Mike, do you have a list of the cities and dates of that tour? My St. Louis concert must have been during the same timeframe as your Wichita one. I thought you might have a t-shirt or something that listed those.

It really irks me that I have nothing to show for going to that. I keep thinking I will go visit the attic and get out a box of stuff that might accidently have something.

Oh, except for my famous button! Ha!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I think a concert in-between Eagles and Desperado would be most interesting for me

I had a feeling this topic might stir some feelings of regret in some Borderers hearts and minds...it's unfortunate we can't turn back the hands of time... Wouldn't that be great if we could, though?! (for more reasons than just Eagles concerts...)

I finally decided this week which 2 concerts I would have liked to have attended. No regrets here, since I wasn't even aware of either of them at the time! First, I agree with Stars--I would've loved to have seen them early on, when they were less polished and probably more likely to take some risks in their shows...and I think California Jam 1974 would've been my choice as well, because to see Jackson Browne at that time as well would've been heaven! However, the likelihood of me getting to the left coast at age 13 was nil; and like I said, I was concert-naive at that age.

But, my top choice would've been the New Year's Eve 1999 concert, again in California. That would've been a party I would've loved to have celebrated the new milleniuim at! They did all those songs that they had never done live before (or, as Glenn said, hadn't remembered doing live before. ) Too bad I wasn't Eagles-current at that time in my life (two kids 3yrs old and under...we're talking Raffi and Elmo for musical performers, unfortunately.)
    I've learned that there are 2 types of people in this world--those that hate New Year's Eve and don't want to do anything for it, and those that like it and have to do something for it or else they feel depressed. I fall into the second category. Fortunately, so does my husband (although he doesn't get nearly as bummed if there's nothing going on); unfortunately, many of my friends fall into the first. Well, I had been looking forward to NYE 1999 ever since 1982, when Prince released his song "1999." I wanted to party like it was 1999! Well, when I was 21 and listening to Prince, I had no idea that 17 years later on a frigid Dec. 31, I would be forced to stay home because of a 9-month old baby with the croup! Never mind the illness---were in the midst of a home renovation, so the house was a shambles. Couldn't have anyone over, either. We had converted the attic to a family room (we actually call it the "sky room" because our house is tall rather than wide.) At that point, there were no stairs to it yet; and no TV hook-up anywhere. So, while I spent the evening getting the healthy 3-yr- old and the croupy 9-month-old taken care of and to bed, my hubby tried to use a homemade dumb-waiter and pulley system to get our old and heavy TV up to the sky room (remember, no stairs...just a rickety ladder for us to climb up on.) He finally got it up there, after much complaining and bickering on both our parts, and we watched Dick Clark's Rockin' NYE to welcome the new millenium. Wow. I just remembered I said I had no regrets when I started this post. I guess I was wrong. I really really wish I had gone to see the Eagles then. If only I had known...