Page 189 of 194 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Well, I can say that I had my first Eagles related dream last night. I rarely dream, or if I do dream, I don't remember them. Now, I'd been thinking that my first Eagles dream would involve Glenn Frey. Well, I was wrong. My first Eagles dream was about Joe Walsh. I'm thinking that the reason Joe was in is because last evening, I spent 3 hours watching the 2015 RnRHoF induction ceremony with my uncle. Joe was on there playing with his Brother in law, Ringo Starr.

Unfortunately, the dream wasn't too long or too exciting.(it was exciting to myself!)

It started out with me online looking up the Eagles on Google. About the 3rd or 4th link down said "Joe Walsh announces solo tour while on break from the Eagles". I thought "sweet", so for the heck of it, I decided to check the dates, even though I knew that he wouldn't play anywhere near me. Well, there were a few dates before the Eagles completed their HoTE tour. Then the dates skipped to August. The first date said "August 4th, Cordele, Ga 8 pm". I thought that I had lost it or had really misread the city. Cordele is a small city about an hour from me. It only has a population of 11,000. It's mostly known for being the place to go to get on I-75 going north to Macon/Atlanta.

Well, it turned out that Joe was actually playing in Cordele. Tickets were affordable even for my broke self, so I bought 2,(mom and I) and I also bought some earplugs for my mom, (she can't stand loud noises, so at least the dream was somewhat realistic). Joe was playing in an outdoor amphitheater. He took to the stage on time. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with khaki shorts (he looked great). He had just started playing Funk #49 when, in real life, my mom screamed at me "the damn dog got loose", and she woke me up. I was not happy!

Well, not a bad first Eagles dream to have! If only it could come true!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

So last night I dreamt that I was walking to my bedroom and I opened the door and turned on the lights. Sitting on my bed was none other than Don Henley. I was like "Oh my gosh! I'm so excited I don't even know what to do." He laughed and said, "Well hello to you too." To calm myself down, I took a deep breath. Then I said, "There's so much I want to talk to you about but I have to tell you something. Thank you for writing those songs." He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're very welcome. You have a guitar don't you?" I said that I did and I grabbed it out of my closet and gave it to him. Then he started writing a song. I was thinking, "Don Henley is writing a song in my bedroom! How cool is that!" When he started singing the song he just wrote, I was in complete awe of how amazing his voice was. Then my dog, Bella, came in my room and sat next to me. Don said, "Your dog is so cute." So I said to Bella, "Go see Don Henley!" And she jumped up in his lap and he petted her. Then I said, "Do you want to see my horse?" He smiled and said, "I'd love to." So I said, "Alright. I'll take you to the barn." Then I woke up.
    I sure hope Mr. Henley will be sitting on my bed waiting for me when I get home tonight!
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Well, I can say that I had my first Eagles related dream last night. I rarely dream, or if I do dream, I don't remember them. Now, I'd been thinking that my first Eagles dream would involve Glenn Frey. Well, I was wrong. My first Eagles dream was about Joe Walsh. I'm thinking that the reason Joe was in is because last evening, I spent 3 hours watching the 2015 RnRHoF induction ceremony with my uncle. Joe was on there playing with his Brother in law, Ringo Starr.

Unfortunately, the dream wasn't too long or too exciting.(it was exciting to myself!)

It started out with me online looking up the Eagles on Google. About the 3rd or 4th link down said "Joe Walsh announces solo tour while on break from the Eagles". I thought "sweet", so for the heck of it, I decided to check the dates, even though I knew that he wouldn't play anywhere near me. Well, there were a few dates before the Eagles completed their HoTE tour. Then the dates skipped to August. The first date said "August 4th, Cordele, Ga 8 pm". I thought that I had lost it or had really misread the city. Cordele is a small city about an hour from me. It only has a population of 11,000. It's mostly known for being the place to go to get on I-75 going north to Macon/Atlanta.

Well, it turned out that Joe was actually playing in Cordele. Tickets were affordable even for my broke self, so I bought 2,(mom and I) and I also bought some earplugs for my mom, (she can't stand loud noises, so at least the dream was somewhat realistic). Joe was playing in an outdoor amphitheater. He took to the stage on time. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with khaki shorts (he looked great). He had just started playing Funk #49 when, in real life, my mom screamed at me "the damn dog got loose", and she woke me up. I was not happy!

Well, not a bad first Eagles dream to have! If only it could come true!
    Pretty funny, AG!

Out on the Border

What a thread!! Gonna have fun on the commuter train home tonight!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    So last night I dreamt that I was walking to my bedroom and I opened the door and turned on the lights. Sitting on my bed was none other than Don Henley. I was like "Oh my gosh! I'm so excited I don't even know what to do." He laughed and said, "Well hello to you too." To calm myself down, I took a deep breath. Then I said, "There's so much I want to talk to you about but I have to tell you something. Thank you for writing those songs." He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're very welcome. You have a guitar don't you?" I said that I did and I grabbed it out of my closet and gave it to him. Then he started writing a song. I was thinking, "Don Henley is writing a song in my bedroom! How cool is that!" When he started singing the song he just wrote, I was in complete awe of how amazing his voice was. Then my dog, Bella, came in my room and sat next to me. Don said, "Your dog is so cute." So I said to Bella, "Go see Don Henley!" And she jumped up in his lap and he petted her. Then I said, "Do you want to see my horse?" He smiled and said, "I'd love to." So I said, "Alright. I'll take you to the barn." Then I woke up.
    I sure hope Mr. Henley will be sitting on my bed waiting for me when I get home tonight!
    Talk about "Sweet dreams!" That's a truly sweet dream.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awesome dreams AG and SRMW. I really enjoy reading this thread because, in spite of my board name, I don't dream very much at all (at least not when I'm asleep at night).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for sharing your Eagle dreams! I had a couple in Africa and I'll share them when I get a bit of time!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for sharing your Eagle dreams! I had a couple in Africa and I'll share them when I get a bit of time!
    Did you dream of Lion Eyes?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Pretty funny, AG!
    Thanks . I enjoyed that dream. It's the only one I've had in several years that I can vividly remember 2 months later. Sadly, it's been the only Eagles dream I've had. (Although I've had plenty of daydreams)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Last night I had the best Eagles dream!

I dreamt that I was at an Eagles concert with my mom and dad. The layout of the venue was in a square. I was sitting at the top row but there were no seats going down. It was a straight drop down to the floor seats. The opening band was walking off the stage. Then Don Henley rose up on a little platform right in front of me. No one seemed to notice he was there except me. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back. I was thinking "Oh my gosh! Don Henley waved to me!" Once everyone realized he was there he said, "Due to some technical difficulties, the horse show that was scheduled to go after the Eagles is going first." Then he went back down on the platform. I thought, "If the concert isn't gonna start for a while, I'll wander around some." I walked around the corner and peeked over the railing. I saw some of my friends bringing their horses in. I sat down in an empty chair and I realized Glenn was sitting next to me. Freaking out, I leaned back in the reclining chair. Glenn leaned back too and he said, "Just relax." I put my feet up on the railing and he did too. I rested my head on my arms and he did too. I took a deep breath and he did too. We both laid there for a while looking in each other's eyes. It was amazing. Then my friend from school plopped in the chair on the other side of me. I tapped my friend's knee and pointed toward Glenn but he was gone. I told my friend about everything that happened with Don and Glenn and we realized that we hadn't seen Joe anywhere. My friend said, "I saw Timothy walking around on the floor but I haven't seen Joe. I hope he shows up for my first Eagles concert." "He'll show up. I know it," I replied. Sure enough we heard Joe warming up with some awesome guitar riffs. "This is going to be a great show," I told my friend.

When I woke up, I was really confused and I didn't know where I was. Then I realized it was only a dream and I was actually in my room.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.