Page 1 of 194 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Dreaming of the Eagles

I wasn't sure of where to put this or if there was already a thread for this topic, if so i apologize. Every once in a while i'll have a dream involving all or one of the Eagles and last nights dream struck me as being particulary interesting and exciting. I dreamed that the Eagles had come out with a live dvd of the current tour. I remember walking in the store and seeing advertisments for the new dvd and being so excited to get home and watch it. It seemed so real and i even woke up smiling and just wishing that this was real and not just a dream. I just hope this dream will come true in the near future.

I'm sure i'm not the only one that has Eagles related dreams, right?
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I have them every now and again, but mine are almost always nonsensical nightmares. The most bizarre one I ever had involved Glenn.

I dreamt that a few people and I were planning a heist to break into the French embassy and steal the pets of the people staying there. Only who should be staying at the French Embassy but Glenn Frey! We heard him coming and I was desperate to get out with my booty of cats and dogs, but the helicopter that was supposed to take us to safety left with my conspirators and not me. Glenn caught me holding a burlap bag with a couple dogs and cats inside. I was so ashamed. He took me to his private submarine out back for a "talking-to." He said, "Did you ever think if you had asked for a pet, you might have been given one?" I burst into tears, apologizing. Then his wife opened the top hatch and yelled down at us, asking if he was finished scolding me yet because it was dinner time. Glenn yelled "Yes" up at her and then turned to me and said, "You may leave now with one and only one of the puppies." I thanked him profusely.

I woke up completely mortified.

A few months ago I had a very sad Eagles dream that Joe died, and for some reason, I was the one who had to identify the body and then notify people. I woke up crying. It was horrible!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh No!!! Joe died in your dream? I think I would've cried too.

I don't remember if I've mentioned this here before but this was a dream I had over a year ago but still remember it very clearly. In my dream I was at my wedding (btw i have no idea who the guy was that i was marrying) and during the reception, my new hubby and I were about to have our first dance to Don's song Taking You Home. As I'm waiting for whoever it was to get the song playing, someone announces on a microphone that they lost the cd with the song on it. By this time i'm starting to get very upset and about to cry and the guy says that they found someone who knows the song and he is willing to sing it for us. Then he introduces the one and only "Mr. Don Henley." I couldn't believe it, Don Henley was at my wedding. Too bad it was only a dream.
    ~Jess~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soda-I remember you telling me about that dream. Bizarre!!

I almost posted this over the weekend but felt like a fool so I'm really glad to that someone else started this topic. I very rarely dream, period. But Friday night I had a dream that I don't remember specifically but do remember that Don was in it and he was my uncle. I remember him walking into a room and me looking up at him and saying "hi Uncle Don". I remember exactly what he looked like also, he was wearing jean and a long white coat and his hair was long and slicked back into a ponytail (I wonder if the hair thing was because of the post I made the other day talking about the many hairstyles of Mr Henley!). Anyways, weird since I don't remember ever dreaming about them before. If I do, I quickly forget them apparently.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quick, do we have any Borderers who are can analyze dreams? I think we have an emergency here!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I dream all the time and just about always remember every detail. Sometimes i'll have a dream that i had a week ago and it'll blend in with a dream that I had last night.

I just remembered one that i had a few nights ago. In my dream i had a son about 2 years old and I had named him Glenn after his dad. I remember looking at him and saying "Boy you look so much like your daddy." How crazy is that?
    ~Jess~

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Quick, do we have any Borderers who are can analyze dreams? I think we have an emergency here!
    I used to have a dream book and would try to analyze my own dreams but i lost the book when i moved into a different apartment. I wish I still had it because I always wonder what certain things mean in my dreams.
    ~Jess~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Someone has read that book and said "Whoa! Weird!"
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Soda-I remember you telling me about that dream. Bizarre!!

I almost posted this over the weekend but felt like a fool so I'm really glad to that someone else started this topic. I very rarely dream, period. But Friday night I had a dream that I don't remember specifically but do remember that Don was in it and he was my uncle. I remember him walking into a room and me looking up at him and saying "hi Uncle Don". I remember exactly what he looked like also, he was wearing jean and a long white coat and his hair was long and slicked back into a ponytail (I wonder if the hair thing was because of the post I made the other day talking about the many hairstyles of Mr Henley!). Anyways, weird since I don't remember ever dreaming about them before. If I do, I quickly forget them apparently.
    I'm not entirely sure why, but this really tickled me! Thanks for making my day, Willie!

The only Eagles-related dream that I can recall happened when I was on holiday in Spain last October. It was basically me riding around the streets of my home town in the back of Glenn's car. It was dark and wet, but he was singing along to the radio softly and we were chatting - he was just a really lovely guy! I woke up and felt all warm and fuzzy. My most vivid memory is that he looked EXACTLY how he does in the Soul Searchin' video.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

My dreams involve no clothing