Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Oh GA, what a sweet dream. Dreams like that are so special and can bring us so much comfort. Thank you for sharing!

a little backstory before I describe my dream. I enjoy cemeteries, I love to look at the headstones and read the descriptions, and see the little mementos that people leave behind. I don't see a cemetery as a scary place. Anyways, in my dream I was walking in a random cemetery at night and Glenn was with me (he looked the same way as he did in the picture of him that Soda has as her avatar), and we stop and watch two gravediggers shovel dirt out of a grave. I opened my mouth to say something and Glenn put his hand on my shoulder and said "you need to wake up now, darlin'"

I'm thinking it was because I had been listening to a lot of his solo work lately, that he decided to pop up in my dreams. Plus the news story I saw about a cemetery getting vandalized probably helped my subconscious mind set the mood. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I woke up when I did, because I caught my roommate's kid up at 3 a.m. playing and being super loud.

I dreamed of Glenn again last night. He and I were just sitting in a room talking.

What's strange is that, in my dream Glenn was the age he was during the HOTE tour. Just before going to bed, I saw on Facebook that Eagles Fastlane post images of the Time magazine pictures. The pics they showed were from the 70s, which is my favorite era of Glenn (he was such a cutie back then!). And yet in my dream, he was older. Funny how your subconscious works sometimes.

Strange Elle……I had a weird one the other day. First, I rarely dream so when I do it’s wow! Ha ha. So it was rather quick and in black and white (odd to say the least) and the guys were getting on a plane, long run era. And Joe turns to Glenn who was behind him and says “The Labare(so?)”…like sortof rushed, annoyed like. which in turn Glenn does the same and it’s as if I am behind Glenn (he turns to me) Don off to his side. I have no idea what the labare is and if that’s spelled right

oh wow KW, that is a weird one. I can easily decipher dreams and that has me perplexed.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for sharing these dreams. I rarely dream, but when I do they can be very perplexing.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Strange Elle……I had a weird one the other day. First, I rarely dream so when I do it’s wow! Ha ha. So it was rather quick and in black and white (odd to say the least) and the guys were getting on a plane, long run era. And Joe turns to Glenn who was behind him and says “The Labare(so?)”…like sortof rushed, annoyed like. which in turn Glenn does the same and it’s as if I am behind Glenn (he turns to me) Don off to his side. I have no idea what the labare is and if that’s spelled right
    Maybe the name for the plane they were using?? Older smaller plane then they were used to..
    LOL I hate that when I do dream and remember it, or some of it, the next day and can't make sense of it.
    Maybe you'll have a rerun on night..If so take notes..LOL

So I had a very scatterbrained dream the other night, but it involved Glenn and to a much lesser extent, the rest of the Eagles. It seemed to be LROOE era, or F1. Bernie was not there so I'm thinking it wasn't the HOTE tour lineup. However Steuart was there and not Felder, so that points to F1-LROOE era Eagles and Glenn looked like it too.

The dream started and skipped around more than my dreams normally do and it's hazy in some places. It's almost like a record that skips, lol.

I remember I was first talking to Steuart and it seemed we were backstage somewhere where there was other artists and very busy backstage area. Maybe an award show or something. I was complimenting him on his playing and asking him guitar geek questions. Then somehow I passed by Don and Tim who were nice enough but said hello and went their separate ways. I talked to Joe a little more than those two, but not as much as Stu or Glenn. Joe said hi and I told him he sounded awesome tonight and that he was my idol. Then somehow I connected with Glenn who was sitting on a barstool or some chair with no arms and no back (which later plays into my story). He had his Takamine 12-String with him. He wasn't playing it but was just holding it by the neck and upright. I told him how much the Eagles music meant to me and how much I loved the show. He seemed to be very friendly and asked me about my guitars and what I liked and seemed genuinely interested in what I was telling him, LOL. Anyway, somehow Glenn all of a sudden fell over off the stool and landed on his guitar. He didn't get hurt but he broke his guitar right in the middle of the neck (which is a very unusual but almost always irreparable break area, fwiw) . He seemed sad about it but it didn't affect his mood. He basically said "Damn, I traveled a lot of miles with that one and used it in a lot of shows but I have a backup". He then had his tech but the guitar (now in two pieces) in the big trash can backstage hahaha. He said he had to go but he enjoyed our conversation. I got the idea he was kind of looking down on me not condescendingly but rather as he saw me as a son or someone he could mentor or help in some fashion.. I think I was a teen in this dream but i never saw myself but by the way Glenn was talking to me, it was like he was talking to a kid. That said, in a good way.

I wish it would have been more detailed with less fuzzy memory of the interactions with the rest of the guys and anything else Glenn might have said in the dream. I think my dreams always have recent things I've had happen, read about, watched, discuss, etc and then will make a dream concoction out of those elements. I have been recently getting into some LROOE era band footage and music and also reading about Steuart so I think it all makes sense. I've also been thinking lately about Glenn and how he was more influential to me than I ever knew early on in my Eagles fandom. Glenn was a guy I would have loved to have met. I think I would probably click with him easier than someone like Don H, just personality wise. I think I'm probably too much like Don in some ways in all honesty and I know from experience two peas in a pod isn't always a good thing and there is a good reason why opposites attract. Two similar/identical personalities can bring a lot of tension and drama. Yin/yang is good!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very interesting dream and insights, Austin. Thanks for sharing. I will saying from my own experiences, Glenn was a very approachable person. To the general public, he may appeared to be aloof, but he was actually very personable when interacting one-on-one.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for sharing Walshfan, very interesting. Dreams always fascinate me. Wish I had more. Thanks for the insight dreamer.