Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,935 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I haven't had Eagles dream for a long time. , But I did last night.
    In my Eagles & Glenn dreams, Glenn is almost always elusive. He is kind to me , like I'm his friend, but it's like I'm chasing after him, to be in his company. We will hang out together, but he is always just "the friend".
    Last night, though, he was different. And very bizarre.

We were hanging out with the rest of the band. I don't recall seeing anyone but Bernie Leadon, but I know they were all there. We were in a house---someone's living room. But, instead of me pursuing Glenn, Glenn pursued me and was attentive. He sat with me me and wanted to be with me. He went shopping with me--like a small town downtown area, a little village. We laughed and talked. Like in Hallmark movie.

It was, by way, Glenn from The Long Run era.

At the end of the dream, I was sitting at home--not my current home, but a big Victorian house. I was outside, and a big trailer pulled up. I walked around to the other side of it, and there was Glenn, standing next to an antique flower bed. He handed me a present. It was a really big, wooden antique ginger jar! He said, "This is for you", gave me a hug and kiss. Then I woke up.
    glennseyes.jpgAnd needless to say, I woke up happy. I've been having a good day, too.
    Last edited by MarthaJo56; 04-16-2022 at 04:48 PM.

That was a great one, MJ! I think I'd have rolled over and went back to sleep!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - very cool dream, MJ. Thanks for sharing it with us.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

So, I had another one the other night. But this one was really bizarre. and a bit frightening.
    I was at a 70's kind of party, outdoors. Some of you might remember those. Sometimes it was a kegger, pig roast or whatever.

Anyway, the Eagles were setting up. It turns out I was going to be their drummer. Glenn told me that Don Henley was not going to be there, so I had to play!!! I was setting up the drums. It was one bass drum, a snare, and boatloads of cymbals and a hi-hat. The drumsticks they gave me were the size of my thumbs. I remeber remarking that there were no toms...no side toms, no floor toms.
    After the first song, which I don't know what it was...maybe Take it Easy. I struggled through it and Timothy told me I was playing a bit too fast. I abruptly ran to the bathroom and tried to get my self together. I could hear them playing "Already Gone"

When I got back to the band, Don was there. I was thankful to hand the drums back to him, but he said I was doing a good job.
    Then I woke up.
    To analyze it, I'm thinking it has a lot to do with my latest endeavor. I'm the manager of a theater venue through a non-profit arts organization. One of the board members is somewhat misogynistic and is constantly questioning my ability to do my job. I finally passive-aggressively told him the other day, in person, that I know what I'm doing. Other board members (all women) have told him to back off.
    My Kevin has about punched him a couple of times.
    It makes me feel good that my favorite band has confidence in me. If only in my dreams.

Some people can be so infuriating!
    But it's always great to to get encouragement from people whose opinions you value (even in dreams!).
    I could use some, for sure!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."