Page 34 of 194 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I made it into someone's dream!

Yeah! I was wondering about that ocean view in Linden, too! And I'd so love to see where he tied his shoelaces after school! Ha! Too funny!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The other night I had a dream of Koala! In the dream, I was reading posts on the board, and I saw that Koala had posted a picture of a guitar that she had signed! Of course, I thought it was signed by one of the Eagles, but it turned out to be signed by one of the patrons who comes to our library!
    Koala seemed so proud of it though!
    Then suddenly I was holding the guitar, and telling Koala that I wished I knew how to play it! Now that part of it I can understand, cause I would love to learn to play the guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    The other night I had a dream of Koala! In the dream, I was reading posts on the board, and I saw that Koala had posted a picture of a guitar that she had signed! Of course, I thought it was signed by one of the Eagles, but it turned out to be signed by one of the patrons who comes to our library!
    Koala seemed so proud of it though!
    Then suddenly I was holding the guitar, and telling Koala that I wished I knew how to play it! Now that part of it I can understand, cause I would love to learn to play the guitar!
    LOL!
    A confused but an interesting dream,
    because I had last night signed Eagles guitars viewed online !!!
    A signed guitar by the Eagles I would have really gladly
    and I would also like to learn playing guitar.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quite peculiar dream... Azoff had decided to create an artsy movie about the Eagles circa the late '70s, and had cast five girls to play the band in an interpretive manner. It sounds rather strange, but I drifted into dreamland watching The Science of Sleep so my unconscious mind really wasn't destined to accede the traditional bounds of reality. Anyway, being cast as Joe, I had chopped my hair off and bleached it blonde. In the grand tradition of non sequitur mental endeavours, after filming the movie had completed, Joe and I appeared at an awards ceremony and assiduously refused to read the telepromptor. I'll skip over the long ad-lib goof-off session that ensued.

Finally, as part of the post-movie promotional process, the fictional mini-Eagles band (never really caught the name) had recorded a cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy." We and the "real" Eagles gathered around to watch the video debut on VH1. It started by sweeping through a field to find me/mini-Joe (who for some reason had lead vocal duties - analyze that, Freud) riding this beautiful Gypsy Vanner horse, dressed in a very Stevie Nicks manner as a stereotypical gypsy. I approached a town reminiscent of the one depicted in Chocolat, dismounted and started menadering around. Every time I encountered one of the other girls in the band, we would somehow flip into a different time period and our surroundings would completely alter to accommodate this. I remember one rather humorous instance where the girl cast as the Don character approached a mirror in a funhouse and he was standing on the other side, appearing in lieu of her reflection (this no doubt the result of seeing Phantom of the Opera three times last week). She yelped, backed up, approached the mirror again and he had vanished, so she walked through it and at the end of the track we returned to the initial Chocolat era. I remounted my (breathtakingly gorgeous) horse and left the town, very obviously rushing to catch up with someone. My mare cantered up beside another Gypsy Vanner and... there's the lead gypsy, Joe, dressed as Jack Sparrow.

I have no explanation whatsoever, but that might be one of the greatest dreams I've ever had; right up there with winning Spruce Meadows. Too bad there's no way to request a DVR repeated viewing of dreams!

Out on the Border

that sounds like quite the dream, i would like to see how that movie would turn out, if done in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    I have no explanation whatsoever, but that might be one of the greatest dreams I've ever had; right up there with winning Spruce Meadows. Too bad there's no way to request a DVR repeated viewing of dreams!
    wouldn't that be cool, if that actually existed then maybe i would be able to know what i actually dream about.

Stars - sounds like a cute dream to me!

ABM - DANG, I wish I could buy a DVD of that dream! My favorite song! My favorite bands! Stevie-esque clothing! (OK, pushing out of mind bleached Joe hair aspect lol) It reminds me in some ways of Fleetwood Mac's Gypsy video - for instance, the fantasy elements, the mirror, and the switching back and forth between times. All in one wonderful dream! :: sighs enviously ::

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Joe dressed like Jack Sparrow?????? *having heart attack* I need to know what you guys are drinking before bed... DANG!

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

soda - I believe it was the direct result of watching the "Gypsy" video for the first time on the Fleetwood Mac thread. Honestly, though, I preferred my version, what with the Eagles being in it and all...

ticky - It was priceless! If we could make that happen in real life, POTC 4 would be the biggest movie ever. He could be Jack's uncle or something.

Unfortunately... no encore performance last night. Sigh.

I think I know why I keep having these dreams. I made a CD of "slow songs of Glenn Frey" to help me go to sleep and it must be affecting me! At least, it's a theory, because I never used to have them (well, one in a while). I think I'll keep playing that CD because you never know when the dream will be interesting rather than bizarre! This next one is a little of both.

----------------------

I’m in a movie theater watching Star Trek, but it’s not in space. It’s at some kind of resort.

I see Glenn Frey walking along the greens of the resort field picking flowers, dressed in the outfit he wore on the practice day at Pebble Beach. He walks up to some strange man and asks, “Where is Don Henley?”

The man says, “He is in a kingdom far away with a princess whom he saved from hell after she had been turned into a tigress and taken there by a demon. He rode his horse to the depths of hell and rescued her. He told her that he loved her even if she were a tigress forever. His love changed her back to a beautiful princess and now they are living happily in a castle together.”

In my theater seat, I exclaim to the faceless person next to me, “Did you hear that?? They wrote Don Henley out of this movie! How could they do that??? It’s not Star Trek unless all of the guys are here! No way is this canon Star Trek. This must one of those movies that calls themselves Star Trek but isn’t really in the canon.”

“No, it’s canon Star Trek,” she answers.

“They can’t just write out Don Henley and call it part of the canon. That doesn’t make any sense.”

“They just did,” the person replies. “Maybe he didn’t want to be in the Star Trek movies anymore.”

“This is bogus,” I mutter. “I paid good money to see this and Don isn’t even going to show up.”

The man is telling Glenn that he shouldn’t have picked the flowers from the roof of the resort, because now the roof is damaged.

“But the roof is where the prettiest flowers grow,” Glenn says. “You have the prettiest flowers in the world on your roof, and you have the best roof, too.”

The man is flattered and says “You are such a rascal!” But he’s obviously not mad at Glenn.

I yell at the screen “When are Timothy and Joe going to be on? They better not have been written out, too!”

Glenn, still on the screen, turns to me and says “They’re coming later. Be patient.”

“Well, it better not be for like five minutes at the end of the movie,” I say grumpily.

“Yeah!” the person next to me says. “And I heard a rumor that the ending...”

Glenn interrupts. “Be quiet! You’re ruining the movie for everyone!”

I glance around and everyone is mad. “The other person said that about the end of the movie, not me,” I say, embarrassed, and kind of shrink down in my seat and wait to see what’s going to happen next.

In the movie, Glenn walks to a motel and all of these twenty-somethings are coming out of each of the rooms on the ground floor into the parking lot. “We have to find Steve and Joe and Tim,” they’re all saying.

Glenn says to one of the guys, who is blond and pretty good looking, “Who are you? Who are these people?”

“We’ll post who we are later by creating a ‘welcome’ forum,” he replies.

“There already is a welcome forum,” Glenn replies. “You’ll confuse people.”

“Whatever,” the guy says. “We have to find Joe and Tim. When we find Steve, we’ll find them.”

“I don’t know where they are,” Glenn answers.

“Do you have their numbers on your cell phone?” The guy asks.

“Yeah, sure, I forgot I did. What a great idea! I’ll just call them!” Glenn pulls out his cell phone and hands it to the young guy. The guy runs off with it. "HEY!” Glenn cries and runs after him. The guy pauses to show the phone to two girls at the end of the parking lot. When he does this, Glenn grabs him by the collar. “You better give that back to me right now!!!”

“OK,” the guy says contritely. “Sorry!”

“Well, just for that, I’m not calling Joe and Tim,” Glenn declares. “You don’t deserve it.”

“No, please, we’re sorry!” All the young folks cry. “Please call them!”

“OK, OK. But I don’t have Steve’s number.” Glenn holds his cell phone up to his ear and says “Joe and Tim” and suddenly they are riding towards the resort across the field dressed as Arthurian knights.

“Hey – were they with Don in the faraway kingdom?” I think. “How come nobody said that earlier?”

“We’ve come from Camelot,” Tim declares – with a British accent. “The princess has been saved.”

“Oh man, they were having this exciting adventure in Camelot and Glenn wasn’t even brought along! Plus we didn’t get to see it! This movie sucks harder and harder!” I think unhappily. “This doesn’t even make sense!”

“I thought Don saved the princess,” Glenn is saying.

“We saved different princesses,” Tim says. “We each have a castle now.”

Joe is nodding and he pulls out a Polaroid photo of his castle. It’s one of those medieval stone castles with turrets and a moat.

“Why isn’t Joe speaking?” I wonder. “Maybe he’s ashamed because he doesn’t have a British accent like Tim.”

I turn to my friend and say out loud again, “No way is this movie in the Star Trek canon.”

Then suddenly, in the movie, everyone turns and there’s this fire raging near the motel. All the twenty-somethings are running away screaming. This figure is emerging from the fire... a black horse and rider, all in black. I lean forward, trying to make out a face, but it’s hidden by smoke... who is it, Don maybe? Maybe they didn’t write him out after all! Maybe they just made him into a medieval sorcerer who can travel through fire!

Then my alarm rang and I woke up! BOOOO!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I really don't know what to say to that, except that it's different. But who is 'Steve'?