Page 26 of 194 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Again, glad I could entertain!

As far as publishing them goes... I think that we only find them interesting because they are about our guys, not because they themselves are that great.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You have such a vivid memory of your dreams! Not everybody has that.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

There must be something about Texas. I used to have Eagles dreams once in a blue moon. Now I am having them within days of each other. This one ends badly though.

It starts out at this busy Mexican restaurant where you order at a counter and they put your order on the same counter for you to come pick up. I take my time placing my order - “I’d like refried beans and rice and… hmmm….” and everyone is getting impatient with me. Then I realize the Eagles are in line behind me – dressed casually like they were for GA’s show – and I’d better hustle. “OK, I’ll take your grande burrito with fajita steak. And does your queso come with a puff?” The lady at the counter nods. “Good. I’ll take that, too.”

She gives me my number and I go to the seating area to wait. There are no small tables, only several really long tables, cafeteria style. I sit at the end of one. “Wouldn’t it be cool if the Eagles came and sat across from me?” I look towards the ordering area hopefully. They come to sit down… at another table. Timothy has food piled up so high I’m worried it’s going to fall off the tray. “Dang, and he’s so skinny too, wish I could eat like that and never gain weight!”

Then, oddly, my family comes in behind them and sits at a third table. “I can’t believe my own family isn’t sitting with me,” I pout. “Maybe I should move…” then they call my order number. I go to the counter and they’ve messed it all up. They’ve given me enchiladas with the burritos instead of the queso puff. I take the enchiladas, but say, “I’m coming back for that queso puff so you’d better make it quick!”

I take the tray of food very carefully, because I am wearing white jeans and a white top and I don’t want to spill anything on them. I get to the table, but now there are lots of people there. Phew! I sit down and start chatting with them. “Did you guys see that the Eagles are here?” I ask as I’m eating my burrito. Look over there!” I point. As I do so, a big glob of refried beans hits me on my white jeans. “SHOOT! DANG IT!” I cry, jumping up. The glob falls off, leaving a brown stain on my upper thigh above my knee. “I knew this would happen! Well, this isn’t going to keep me from going back and getting my queso puff!” I hear laughter from where the Eagles are but refuse to look at them, hurrying back to the counter for my puff.

When I come back, instead of sitting at my own table, I bring my queso puff to the Eagles table and sit down across from them. They act like it’s the most natural thing in the world but don’t talk to me. They are talking to each other and I think, “I need to take notes so I don’t forget what the Eagles are saying.” I whip out a piece of paper and a pencil from somewhere and start writing down notes about what they are saying. They don’t seem to mind. I can hear Don whispering to Joe about the band’s plans. “This is great stuff,” I think.

Don glances down at my pad and nods approvingly at what I’ve written. “You take good notes,” he says. “You’ve got all the important points down in a well-organized fashion. Well done.” I draw myself up proudly at his compliment. Sadly, now, I can’t remember what he said to Joe!

Then Glenn gets up. “I’ve got some errands to run. You can come along,” he says to me.

I grab my note pad to write down anything else interesting he says. The next thing I know we’re at an old fashioned album store, with racks and racks of LPs. My note pad is gone. I start grabbing all these obscure albums – “Oh, Stevie Nicks sang backup on one of the songs here, I’m gonna buy it,” or “Joe Walsh plays guitar on this song from this soundtrack, I’m gonna buy it.”

I do this several times then steal a glance at Glenn to see if he realizes just how interested I am in obtaining all the musical endeavors of each Eagle and if he minds that I am buying Fleetwood Mac stuff too, but he is talking to some lady and her daughter. The lady is white-haired with this bouffant hairdo and looks old enough to be Glenn’s mom. She’s got this electric blue dress on and a big floral shawl like some older ladies wear. The girl has short black hair and looks my age. Meanwhile I am absolutely piled down with albums. I struggle up to where Glenn and the women are. “Nancy, I’d like you to meet my friends,” Glenn says. “You can hang out with the daughter while I hang out with her mother.”

Part of me is excited that I get to meet Glenn’s friends. Another part of me is thinking “Geez, am I getting passed off here? I don’t even know their names.”

Next thing I know we’re at the lady’s house and I’m sitting on the couch talking to her daughter while she’s off with Glenn in another room. The couch is that white vinyl material that went out of fashion like 30 years ago and that you stick to when you get hot. “I’m sorry Glenn dumped me on you,” I tell her mournfully.

“No, it’s not that, he likes you. But I think we have a lot in common,” the girl says. She tells me she wants to write a book about all the adventures she and her mom have had. “I just can’t think of a title.”

I say, “That’s nice,” but I wonder what they could have done that would be so interesting. The mom seems kind of weird to me, although I can’t put my finger on why. I guess they are going to make up stuff. “So is this gonna be fiction then?”

She looks surprised. “No, non-fiction. We’ve had lots of experiences.”

“Of course,” I say, embarrassed.

“Let me get you a snack,” she says suddenly, and we go into a kitchen where there is a plate of grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. She hands me one. I take a bite. “These are really good!” I say. She thanks me. I have an idea. “I know – you could name your book ‘Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches’!”

“That’s a great idea!” The mother says, who appears in the doorway. “Excuse me, girls. I’m getting some of these sandwiches for Glenn.” She grabs a whole plate and takes them off.

“I guess he likes them too,” I think, then wonder if we came here to get those. They were really good.

The daughter and I talk some more. She tells me she lives with her mom but she hates it and she will move out as soon as she makes enough money off of her book. She says her mom is really bossy and controlling. I’m thinking “Then why do you want to write a book about what you do with her? But I guess since she is Glenn’s friend she must have done something interesting.” Out loud, I tell her, “I know other people who have done that so hopefully you will too.” She asks me about the other people I know who have done this and I can only think of one, but luckily I don’t have to talk too much because she decides that she wants to go see what her mom is doing with Glenn.

“Good deal!” I say, because I’ve been wondering too.

They’re sitting at a long wooden table in what I guess is the dining room, eating hamburgers. But get this…. the mom is using a rolled up dollar bill to dip into her ketchup and spread it on her burger and french fries. “Must be nice to be so rich you can eat with money,” I say under my breath, but Glenn looks up and raises an eyebrow at me. He heard! I realize that was the wrong thing to say, since Glenn is probably 1000x richer than that lady. “Um, we were just checking on you, we gotta go,” I say hastily, pulling the girl back out. We go sit on the couch some more but we’ve run out of things to say. We just sit there.

Suddenly a friend from college shows up. She’s got really short hair and has glasses. “Hey, I thought you were in Texas,” I say, surprised. “That didn’t work out,” she replies. “Too bad,” I say, and then she disappears again. I feel sorry for her because I know how badly she wanted to live in Texas, but I don’t find the whole episode abnormal in any way.

I tell the girl about my friend’s situation – her husband has a job in Texas and she wants a job there too – and then Glenn comes back out. “It’s time to go, Nancy!”

I’m secretly relieved because I was getting bored with Glenn’s weird friends. I mean, eating with a dollar bill? Come on! I say goodbye to the girl and her mother, grab my albums which are REALLY heavy, and get into Glenn’s car. His car is a white Oldsmobile station wagon from the mid-70s, for some reason. It is in mint condition but it doesn’t exactly scream “GLENN FREY” to me.

Anyway, I’d be happy if I never saw Glenn’s friends again, honestly. I’m ready to go home. But instead of taking me home, he pulls up to some other house. I have no idea what’s going on, or where this place is. I don’t want to get out of the car there. “Why aren’t you taking me home?”

He looks shocked that I want to go home. “You can’t go home now. You’ve got to help that girl and her mother. Aren’t you going to do something?”

I didn’t even know they needed help, but I’m defensive. “Well, aren’t YOU going to do something? And you can’t say ‘just get out a chest of gold’ because I don’t have one.”

“That’s different. I’m a busy man. You have nothing important to do. It’s not my fault you don’t have any chest of gold that you can give instead of working for them. Now you’d better get busy,” Glenn snaps.

“Hey, I got lotsa ‘portant thangs to do! This itn’t fair!” I yell at him angrily. I realize I am suddenly talking with a thick Texas accent.

And what’s weirder – GLENN IS TOO. “Nancy, don’t you be kickin’ up a holler ‘bout this. I’m fixin’ to get cussin’ mad!” He is glaring at me.

I’m getting upset, too. “You cain’t be serious! Heck, that woman dips money in burger fixins! She dutn’t need a dang thang from me!” I am absolutely disgusted. “You sure got some nerve, talkin’ to me that way! I’ve half a mind to slap ya so hard yer clothes’ll be outta style when ya stop rollin’!”

Then I woke up feeling really upset about the fight. Boo!

Wow, Nancy, Have you ever thought about putting your dreams in a book? They'd be a great read

Sorry about the fight with Glenn, though, I know I would never want to fight with him

That was one crazy trip! I've literally been sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. By the 'Texas accents' part, I was a goner! It's the way you tell 'em.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

My gosh Nancy, how many scenes do your dreams have!!??!! (And I've noticed that you always have good food in your dreams too!)

I really wish somebody would try to analyze this. I wouldn't know where to start with this one!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Your dream made me hungry. I'm chowing on wheat thins and hummus now!

I rarely dream that vividly and when I do, I get mad... mainly because it means I'm not sleeping well. I do get a kick out others dreams though.

I love that Tim had so much food on his plate... you must be channeling him to gain some weight! I would have loved for you to slap Glenn, that would have been interesting.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good grief Soda! I rarely dream.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The Texas accents had me rolling!!! And Timmy must of piled the food on for me also!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I really wish somebody would try to analyze this. I wouldn't know where to start with this one!
    I don't think anybody could make sense of these!