Page 104 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Topkat - I know!

Lisa - LOL!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    When he comes back around, though, he's dressed in a white suit like he used to for his mid-80s shows and he is drenched in sweat with his shirt hanging open. He runs right by me and all I can do is just stare.
    Completely understandable! Besides, hopefully that made a durable "memory photograph"
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Soda - Glenn in a white suit with his shirt hanging open??? And you didn't attack him right there and then????? Serves you right that he left you with Demi Moore!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Another weird thing - I don't even really like Demi Moore's acting all that much!

Soda, Looks like Demi is heading for rehab....You don't want to be rooming with her there??? Maybe you can catch up with Glenn! Keep running!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Soda, Looks like Demi is heading for rehab....You don't want to be rooming with her there??? Maybe you can catch up with Glenn! Keep running!
    TK, I thought about Soda when I heard this bit of news last evening too!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Well my dry spell has surely been ended because I had yet another dream last night. I blame this one on Dreamer since we had talked right before bed!

In this dream, everyone I have ever gone to a concert with (not only Eagles but also some Fleetwood Mac friends and my sisters) has gathered together with me to see a Glenn Frey show at a theater at Texas A&M University. The show is general admission and we all arrived early and have waited several hours so we can be at the front.

A play begins. I wonder what part Glenn will play. They ask for audience participation for one scene and I volunteer. I play someone who gets murdered in bed. As I 'play dead' after my pretend stabbing, my face is turned away from the audience, and I try to peek around subtly to see if Glenn is backstage. He is nowhere to be found. I get "carried off" and once I'm offstage, I again peek around - no Glenn. I think with disappointment that his part must be very small, as the play is almost over and he still has not come out.

I rejoin the group. Everyone is telling me I did very well, but they are all looking for Glenn... and the play ends. He hasn't come out.

Everyone is looking at me. "You said he would be here." GA, FP, and Troub have flown in from far away. I stammer that I'd read he would be here, and I don't understand what happened.

At that point, my Fleetwood Mac friend Kristin says "Maybe he's at the other venue."

"Other venue?" I say hopefully. At least we'll all get to see him if he's there. En masse, we walk across the campus, which in my dream is a very long journey through several fields, and we approach another theater.

I say a quick prayer that he will be there. As we approach, I see Will Hollis and Michael Thompson walking in. I'm hugely relieved! All our problems are solved! Glenn IS playing here! I haven't let everybody down!

Except... there's another problem. When we get inside, the place is packed. We won't even be able to sit together, much less be at the front.

"If you'd gotten the venue right, we'd have been at the front instead of wasting all day waiting at the other theater," someone says.

"I'm sorry," I reply unhappily.

As we talk, I think I see Glenn at the back. "Is that Glenn over there?" I ask. We all hurry back there but he's not here.

I apologize once again and we all scatter as the lights dim and the show starts. Glenn comes out onstage and starts performing. I keep an eye out for empty seats and, gradually, am able to find out about ten rows from the front. Lucky me! Glenn sees me and, in between songs, asks me how I'm doing. I tell him about our misadventure and he feels sorry for me. Then he sits at the piano to play something. Before he starts, he looks over his shoulder and says, "Stop looking at me like I'm your dad. See me as a man, not a father figure."

I'm like "What? What do you mean? I've never acted like you were my dad!" I'm completely bewildered, but it's too late to say anything now - he's turned around and begun the next song and doesn't address me again for the rest of the show.

Suddenly, our group is in a classroom. This seems perfectly normal. "Hey, did any of you hear me say anything about Glenn being like a father figure to me? Because I don't think I ever said that, but he acts like I did!"

"What are you talking about?" Willie asks. Nobody else remembers Glenn talking to me either. I wonder what's going on.

A guy who looks like Anthony Michael Hall appears and he's talking on the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask.

"I called Glenn to ask him why he said that to you," the guy says.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU DID NOT!" I am so mortified! What would Glenn think? I try to grab the phone but the guy turns around and I can't reach it.

"You disgust me," he says into the phone. To me, he says, "It's not even Frey, it's some other guy."

"Thank God," I mutter and grab the phone away. "But you don't have to be rude to the person! Let me talk to him." The guy hands me the phone but all I hear is a dial tone.

Dreamer and PLS look at me. "How did he get Glenn's number?"

"I don't know!" I cry.

"Glenn told me," the guy says. "But he lied! It wasn't his number!"

"Good," I snap. "I cannot believe you would try to call him and ask him about me! Oh my gosh!"

"Well, I don't even think he talked to you. I think you're making it all up," the guy says.

I look over at the rest of the group and they're all looking at me dubiously. "It DID happen!" I insist. "It DID!" and then I pause. What if I DID imagine it? "Unless I'm crazy!" I start panicking.

Then, a voice comes over the school's loudspeaker. It's Glenn! "You're not crazy." The loudspeaker shuts off.

"You guys DID hear that, right?" I ask everyone.

Then I woke up! Honestly, this dream kind of sucked, but I thought I'd share it since it was an Eagles dream after all!

Stuck on the Border

Good grief, Soda, I was about to say how honoured I was to be in your dream, but....!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Soda, I jump into this thread when I see you're the last one to post in it!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

They just keep getting better and better, Soda.

"See me as a man, not a father figure". No problem. No problem at all.

If I were you I'd go to bed early in hopes of having another dream.