Page 106 of 194 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Too funny!

Yep, you shoulda known!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I want to see that movie too!

GL, awwwwww, how cute!

Well, I actually had a pleasant Eagles dream last night! Maybe it's because yesterday was the anniversary of our ride with Glenn in Pebble Beach in 2008.

Last night, I dreamt that the Eagles were doing several events in California. Not concerts, events.... fancy dinners, ceremonies, celebrations.

I'm in California for some reason at the time and I wish I can go to one of them, but I could only go as a photographer covering the event, and that doesn't sound very appealing. In fact, it has the potential to be kind of embarrassing if I appear to be an annoying "paparazzi."

However, I decide to try it anyway. The first event is a fancy dinner, with lots of tables filled with VIPs. I get dressed to the nines in a formal gown and I get in line with the photographers who are about to be let in to a press area.

At that point, Glenn, who is walking into the dinner looking dapper in a tuxedo, comes by and sees me. As he walks by, he says, "Nancy, get out of that line. There's a ticket for you in the box office!" He smiles at me but doesn't actually stop walking so before I can thank him, he's already gone past me and headed into the dinner.

I'm delighted! I go over to the box office and give them my name. The lady at the box office prints off gives a long list of all the Eagles events, all of which say variations of "VIP" on them. (Like VIP, VIP Regular, VIP Exclusive, etc). They all have prices next to them.

Shoot, I thought the ticket would be free, I think, but them I remind myself that I'm lucky to have an opportunity to buy one. I look at the list, and to my surprise, the prices beside them are comparatively low - $99 each. I figure what Glenn has done has allowed me to buy tickets and include me on a special discount.

That's good enough for me! I get out my VISA card. "I'll buy a ticket."

"No, you don't have to pay anything. The money has been provided by Don Henley," the lady says.

"Don't you mean Glenn Frey?" I ask.

The lady shrugs. "It says 'Don Henley' here."

I'm confused and not sure what to make of that, but I'm not going to argue! I'm only too happy to put away my card and take the free ticket.

But it gets even better! The lady, looking rather bored (she doesn't seem too impressed with me) shoves an envelope towards me. When I look in the envelope, there is a ticket to every event!

I can barely conceal my excitement at this. I suppress the urge to squee and move away from the window, absolutely thrilled.

Then it's time to go in. I walk in and everything is white and gold - white walls, white tablecloths with gold trim, white plates with gold trim, so on and so on. This is obviously really high end. I realize that everyone else must be a real VIP and very wealthy. Where do I fit in? I stand off to the side and wonder what I should do now. Once again, Glenn sees me and comes over. "You can sit with my friends," he says kindly. I feel immense relief. I will repress my fangirl tendencies and play it cool with his friends so as not to embarrass him. I feel confident that I can do this successfully. It's all going to be OK!

Then I woke up - happy! Imagine that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hmmmmm, I'm thinking that that repressed Don love could be coming to the surface!

I won't tell Glenn.

Very cool dream, Soda!

Soda, you have such imagination, even in your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Hmmmmm, I'm thinking that that repressed Don love could be coming to the surface!

I won't tell Glenn.

Uh oh! I'll be waiting on an exciting Don dream from you now Soda

I had a quasi-sexy dream about Don once, way back in 2009!

You know that boat photo of the Eagles in 1975 where Don is wearing tight jeans and a denim top that's hanging open? In my dream, he was wearing that while going down a waterslide - so to add to the hotness he was soaking wet, water running down his bare chest, all that jazz, lol.

In my dream, he landed in the pool at the bottom of the slide, got disoriented and almost drowned. I jumped in to rescue him and dragged him over to the waterslide's entrance, went up it with him, then rode down the slide with him in my lap, holding him tightly as he leaned back against me with his body in between my legs.

I had that dream over two years ago and the memory is still vivid, lol.

(BTW, for those that don't get Brooke's "suppressed Don love" reference, when I first got into the Eagles fandom Don was my favorite. I had just seen him perform with Stevie Nicks and he blew my socks off!)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleskiwi
    I think you are LONG overdue for a happy, relaxed, everything-goes-right Eagles dream, Soda!
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Those are few and far between, unfortunately!
    Well, that last one sounded pretty darn good to me!! In fact, I'm really not sure how it could have been better (without turning into one of THOSE dreams!). Tickets to EVERY one of those events? Heck, even HAVING all those events!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Once again, Glenn sees me and comes over. "You can sit with my friends," he says kindly. I feel immense relief. I will repress my fangirl tendencies and play it cool with his friends so as not to embarrass him. I feel confident that I can do this successfully. It's all going to be OK!

Then I woke up - happy! Imagine that!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne