Page 107 of 194 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well my dry spell has surely been ended because I had yet another dream last night. I blame this one on Dreamer since we had talked right before bed!

In this dream, everyone I have ever gone to a concert with (not only Eagles but also some Fleetwood Mac friends and my sisters) has gathered together with me to see a Glenn Frey show at a theater at Texas A&M University. The show is general admission and we all arrived early and have waited several hours so we can be at the front.

A play begins. I wonder what part Glenn will play. They ask for audience participation for one scene and I volunteer. I play someone who gets murdered in bed. As I 'play dead' after my pretend stabbing, my face is turned away from the audience, and I try to peek around subtly to see if Glenn is backstage. He is nowhere to be found. I get "carried off" and once I'm offstage, I again peek around - no Glenn. I think with disappointment that his part must be very small, as the play is almost over and he still has not come out.

I rejoin the group. Everyone is telling me I did very well, but they are all looking for Glenn... and the play ends. He hasn't come out.

Everyone is looking at me. "You said he would be here." GA, FP, and Troub have flown in from far away. I stammer that I'd read he would be here, and I don't understand what happened.

At that point, my Fleetwood Mac friend Kristin says "Maybe he's at the other venue."

"Other venue?" I say hopefully. At least we'll all get to see him if he's there. En masse, we walk across the campus, which in my dream is a very long journey through several fields, and we approach another theater.

I say a quick prayer that he will be there. As we approach, I see Will Hollis and Michael Thompson walking in. I'm hugely relieved! All our problems are solved! Glenn IS playing here! I haven't let everybody down!

Except... there's another problem. When we get inside, the place is packed. We won't even be able to sit together, much less be at the front.

"If you'd gotten the venue right, we'd have been at the front instead of wasting all day waiting at the other theater," someone says.

"I'm sorry," I reply unhappily.

As we talk, I think I see Glenn at the back. "Is that Glenn over there?" I ask. We all hurry back there but he's not here.

I apologize once again and we all scatter as the lights dim and the show starts. Glenn comes out onstage and starts performing. I keep an eye out for empty seats and, gradually, am able to find out about ten rows from the front. Lucky me! Glenn sees me and, in between songs, asks me how I'm doing. I tell him about our misadventure and he feels sorry for me. Then he sits at the piano to play something. Before he starts, he looks over his shoulder and says, "Stop looking at me like I'm your dad. See me as a man, not a father figure."

I'm like "What? What do you mean? I've never acted like you were my dad!" I'm completely bewildered, but it's too late to say anything now - he's turned around and begun the next song and doesn't address me again for the rest of the show.

Suddenly, our group is in a classroom. This seems perfectly normal. "Hey, did any of you hear me say anything about Glenn being like a father figure to me? Because I don't think I ever said that, but he acts like I did!"

"What are you talking about?" Willie asks. Nobody else remembers Glenn talking to me either. I wonder what's going on.

A guy who looks like Anthony Michael Hall appears and he's talking on the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask.

"I called Glenn to ask him why he said that to you," the guy says.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU DID NOT!" I am so mortified! What would Glenn think? I try to grab the phone but the guy turns around and I can't reach it.

"You disgust me," he says into the phone. To me, he says, "It's not even Frey, it's some other guy."

"Thank God," I mutter and grab the phone away. "But you don't have to be rude to the person! Let me talk to him." The guy hands me the phone but all I hear is a dial tone.

Dreamer and PLS look at me. "How did he get Glenn's number?"

"I don't know!" I cry.

"Glenn told me," the guy says. "But he lied! It wasn't his number!"

"Good," I snap. "I cannot believe you would try to call him and ask him about me! Oh my gosh!"

"Well, I don't even think he talked to you. I think you're making it all up," the guy says.

I look over at the rest of the group and they're all looking at me dubiously. "It DID happen!" I insist. "It DID!" and then I pause. What if I DID imagine it? "Unless I'm crazy!" I start panicking.

Then, a voice comes over the school's loudspeaker. It's Glenn! "You're not crazy." The loudspeaker shuts off.

"You guys DID hear that, right?" I ask everyone.

Then I woke up! Honestly, this dream kind of sucked, but I thought I'd share it since it was an Eagles dream after all!
    Soda! I've been feeling down so far today, and your dream has just improved my mood 1000-fold! What a wonderful read! And you recall your dreams so well, it's unbelievable!

Yes, it's a crazy dream, and somewhat disappointing for you, but at least Glenn confirmed that you're not crazy!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    They just keep getting better and better, Soda.

"See me as a man, not a father figure". No problem. No problem at all.

If I were you I'd go to bed early in hopes of having another dream.
    Oh, I enjoyed that line SO much! Well said, HH! Father figure? Uh, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I had a Glenn dream just now! I was at an outdoor strip mall with a good friend who I think was Soda, even though I've never met her. There was a talk show filming in the courtyard. As we walked around the perimeter, we were talking and not paying much attention until I heard the host say, "We have the cast of the new movie 'Butterflies Are Free' starring (mumbled words) and Jackson Browne".

We didn't hear the mumbled name but I stopped Soda and said, "Wait! We have to see this. Isn't that Glenn's new movie?". Now I should have known right here that this was a dream because I had info on Glenn that Soda didn't. She was skeptical, but we stopped to watch.

After a segment of opening talk-show patter that was too inane to describe here, they showed a clip from the movie. Sure enough, it was Glenn and he was playing a small-town cop who was up against an obsessive psychopath, presumably played by Jackson, though he wasn't in this scene. Instead, it was a breakfast scene with this adorable little boy who looked vaguely like Otis. Glenn (it was South of Sunset-era Glenn) was in his khaki-colored police uniform at the table saying something fatherly to the kid while buttering toast. The kid came back with some precocious movie-kid response that stopped Glenn cold. "Eat your oatmeal," he replied with fatherly exasperation and the scene ended.

I woke up before the talk-show host brought Glenn out for an interview, unfortunately, but I somehow knew that in the movie, the psychopath, after targeting other victims, was going to set his sights on the kid and there would be the climactic scene where Glenn and Jackson would confront each other, Glenn would take him out and save the kid and live happily ever after. Now I want to see this movie!
    Windeagle, I hope you will have a follow-up dream so that we can hear what Glenn has to say about returning to acting!

Well, I actually had a pleasant Eagles dream last night! Maybe it's because yesterday was the anniversary of our ride with Glenn in Pebble Beach in 2008.

Last night, I dreamt that the Eagles were doing several events in California. Not concerts, events.... fancy dinners, ceremonies, celebrations.

I'm in California for some reason at the time and I wish I can go to one of them, but I could only go as a photographer covering the event, and that doesn't sound very appealing. In fact, it has the potential to be kind of embarrassing if I appear to be an annoying "paparazzi."

However, I decide to try it anyway. The first event is a fancy dinner, with lots of tables filled with VIPs. I get dressed to the nines in a formal gown and I get in line with the photographers who are about to be let in to a press area.

At that point, Glenn, who is walking into the dinner looking dapper in a tuxedo, comes by and sees me. As he walks by, he says, "Nancy, get out of that line. There's a ticket for you in the box office!" He smiles at me but doesn't actually stop walking so before I can thank him, he's already gone past me and headed into the dinner.

I'm delighted! I go over to the box office and give them my name. The lady at the box office prints off gives a long list of all the Eagles events, all of which say variations of "VIP" on them. (Like VIP, VIP Regular, VIP Exclusive, etc). They all have prices next to them.

Shoot, I thought the ticket would be free, I think, but them I remind myself that I'm lucky to have an opportunity to buy one. I look at the list, and to my surprise, the prices beside them are comparatively low - $99 each. I figure what Glenn has done has allowed me to buy tickets and include me on a special discount.

That's good enough for me! I get out my VISA card. "I'll buy a ticket."

"No, you don't have to pay anything. The money has been provided by Don Henley," the lady says.

"Don't you mean Glenn Frey?" I ask.

The lady shrugs. "It says 'Don Henley' here."

I'm confused and not sure what to make of that, but I'm not going to argue! I'm only too happy to put away my card and take the free ticket.

But it gets even better! The lady, looking rather bored (she doesn't seem too impressed with me) shoves an envelope towards me. When I look in the envelope, there is a ticket to every event!

I can barely conceal my excitement at this. I suppress the urge to squee and move away from the window, absolutely thrilled.

Then it's time to go in. I walk in and everything is white and gold - white walls, white tablecloths with gold trim, white plates with gold trim, so on and so on. This is obviously really high end. I realize that everyone else must be a real VIP and very wealthy. Where do I fit in? I stand off to the side and wonder what I should do now. Once again, Glenn sees me and comes over. "You can sit with my friends," he says kindly. I feel immense relief. I will repress my fangirl tendencies and play it cool with his friends so as not to embarrass him. I feel confident that I can do this successfully. It's all going to be OK!

Then I woke up - happy! Imagine that!
    WOW, Soda!!!

I had a quasi-sexy dream about Don once, way back in 2009!

You know that boat photo of the Eagles in 1975 where Don is wearing tight jeans and a denim top that's hanging open? In my dream, he was wearing that while going down a waterslide - so to add to the hotness he was soaking wet, water running down his bare chest, all that jazz, lol.

In my dream, he landed in the pool at the bottom of the slide, got disoriented and almost drowned. I jumped in to rescue him and dragged him over to the waterslide's entrance, went up it with him, then rode down the slide with him in my lap, holding him tightly as he leaned back against me with his body in between my legs.

I had that dream over two years ago and the memory is still vivid, lol.

(BTW, for those that don't get Brooke's "suppressed Don love" reference, when I first got into the Eagles fandom Don was my favorite. I had just seen him perform with Stevie Nicks and he blew my socks off!)

Oh my GOODNESS!!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Way to go Don!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I had a quasi-sexy dream about Don once, way back in 2009!

You know that boat photo of the Eagles in 1975 where Don is wearing tight jeans and a denim top that's hanging open? In my dream, he was wearing that while going down a waterslide - so to add to the hotness he was soaking wet, water running down his bare chest, all that jazz, lol.

In my dream, he landed in the pool at the bottom of the slide, got disoriented and almost drowned. I jumped in to rescue him and dragged him over to the waterslide's entrance, went up it with him, then rode down the slide with him in my lap, holding him tightly as he leaned back against me with his body in between my legs.

I had that dream over two years ago and the memory is still vivid, lol.
    Whew! I don't think I'd ever forget that one either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Whew! I don't think I'd ever forget that one either!
    Yeah, I'm rather green with envy over that one... WOW!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

LOL! Ladies I'm literally laughing out loud over your reactions. My Dad is looking at me like I'm nuts! But seriously Nancy......WOW!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That was a cool dream, WE.

And Soda - a happy Eagles dream ... now that's more like it! And if you aren't able to make all of those events, I'll be glad to take some of those free tickets off your hands.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016