Page 118 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I think reading this thread late last night made me have an Eagles dream, too!

In my dream, I'm not a participant. It's like I'm watching it on TV.

Glenn (as he looks today) is a spy. He is recording a secret conversation between two enemy agents, hiding in the trees nearby as they talk. He is recording something that will uncover their evil deeds. The enemy agents look like something out an old move - they're wearing trenchcoats, hats, and sunglasses. They finish and he slips away. It is time now to go to his contact and set up a meeting with another American agent.

His contact works at the first window of the McDonald's drive-thru. He orders chicken mcnuggets and she asks him if he wants free tater tots. He says yes. This is their secret signal. He pulls up and tells her to arrange for their government contact to meet him in the park where he will pass the US agent the recording. She takes his cash.

He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

"Did you get these tater tots free?" She asks.

"Yes!" Glenn says happily. "I love tater tots. It's my lucky day!"

What Glenn doesn't know is that she is an enemy spy! She knows the secret tater tot signal, too! She now knows Glenn is a spy. She reports him to her superior at McDonald's (apparently this McDonald's is a den of spies). He says "I can't believe he told you he got those free. How could one of America's top agents be so careless? Didn't he suspect something when you asked?"

"I guess he was just really excited about the free tater tots and forgot himself," the McDonald's lady says.

"Well, he's done it now," the manager replies. "We'll have him followed."

Glenn shows up at the park in a Superman costume and now looks exactly like he does on the OOTN album. His fellow agent shows up in a pink bunny costume. You can't see his face as he has a big bunny head on. These disguises are how they are recognizable to each other.

They meet and Glenn slips him the recording. Just then two enemy agents who are also in the park rush them. The man in the bunny costume has a jet pack and is able to rocket up and out of harm. Glenn is left with two agents pointing guns at him.

"Give us the recording!" One of them orders.

"What recording?" Glenn asks innocently.

"We'll get it out of you!" One of them men cries and the two slowly walk toward him. "You're coming with us or we'll shoot you right here! Your Superman costume cannot protect you!"

At that moment, the friendly agent in the sky drops a rope down. Glenn grabs it, quickly wraps it around his body while the enemy agents look on (!) and then he is lifted into the sky. One of the enemy agents says, "Maybe he really was Superman! He can fly! But who knew Superman would have such long hair?"

Then suddenly the dream shifts from this being a program on TV to this being a reality. I'm watching CNN and President Obama is awarding a medal of honor to Glenn because his recoding of the enemy plans has saved the free world. Glenn now looks like he did during the HFO period. He is wearing his jeans and black T-shirt from the HFO video and looks very sexy!

Obama then announces that as a celebration, the Eagles will re-form with the original line-up (apparently they were broken up in my dream). Glenn signals Obama "no", shaking his head. Obama asks "The Hotel California line-up?" Glenn shakes his head again. "All of the line-ups together?" Obama asks. Sighing, Glenn comes up to the mike himself and Obama steps aside.

"We fired Bernie and Randy. It is the Long Run line-up," Glenn explains.

"Oh- sorry!" Obama apologizes.

"That's ok," Glenn smiles. "And Don Henley deserves an award too. He was also working with me as a spy while we toured in the seventies. That's why we had to fire Bernie and Randy. They weren't spies and they were starting to get suspicious. Sorry, Bernie and Randy," he says into the mike. He turns to the side. "Come on up, Don!" The man in the bunny costume walks up, the one with the jet back. He removes the bunny head and reveals himself. It is OOTN Don, and his afro has gotten all smushed while he wore the bunny head. I feel sorry for him. However, the wind comes along and makes it perk up nicely. He unzips the costume and steps out of it. He is wearing the outfit from the boat photo with jeans and a denim shirt with several buttons undone. He looks hot in more ways than one. Apparently the bunny costume made him very sweaty.

I'm watching all this on CNN, remember, and I'm delighted. "The Eagles are getting back together!" I say happily. Then I get confused. "I thought they fired Don Felder... maybe he was getting suspicious too... but then why did Glenn say they were reuniting was the Long Run line-up... Don Felder is in that lineup... something is not right here..."

Apparently all this confusion was too much for me, because that is when I woke up!

You know, despite the nonsensical elements, this was actually a pretty cohesive dream compared to some I've had!
    OMG!! I'm seriously

I love your dreams, Soda. I'll agree that HFO Glenn was sexy, his current look more than does it for me. Maybe the recent out-of-country tour brought this on? I do have to ask what you had to drink before going to bed, though!
    Yeah, he still looks good! One of the bizarre elements was that Glenn is apparently able to change his appearance at will in my dream, lol.

I did have a wee bit of rum in my Coke Zero last night - just one ounce though! I hadn't thought about their trip overseas, especially to the Middle East, bringing on my "Eagles espionage" dream but that would make sense.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hi Soda...your dream is priceless!... I had a dream last night too, but mine is pale in comparison...

My dream took place at my mother's house in the country...the house is surrounded by big tall pine trees...There was some kind of storm and one of the trees crashed on the house(which actually did happen in 1979 without too much damage). But in my dream the tree really did a good job and smashed all the way down to the first floor... I ran out to the garage where my brother was( I guess he was the only other person home besides me) He apparently is deaf because he didn't hear the crash.. I said "Brad, a tree just smashed through the house." He said " go call 911." so I did. but five, ten, twenty minutes go by and no firemen or police show up. I went back out to the garage and told him" no one has shown up yet what should I do?" He said " go call again"...so I did...About five minutes go by and who shows up... no police or firemen, but all four Eagles. They come walking into the house (Timothy had on the goofy white shirt from SA/Dubai) and said " we're here to help. They kept saying things like" man what a mess" and "where do we start?" They started picking up things and moving things around...apparently my brother wasn't interested in helping because he never came in from the garage. After about fifteen minutes of the Eagles helping me clean up the mess I said " You guys have done enough, thanks. Why don't we all sit down and you can sing to me! They did exactly that and I forgot all about the tree that smashed through my mom's house. I don't remember anything they sang though... too bad. Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Craziest freakin' dream I think I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, all dreams are crazy. Er, some more than others...

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Glenn shows up at the park in a Superman costume and now looks exactly like he does on the OOTN album. His fellow agent shows up in a pink bunny costume. You can't see his face as he has a big bunny head on. These disguises are how they are recognizable to each other.
    CRA-ZY!!!!!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hey, the crazy dreams are still good compared to mine. I dreamed about trying to get my weed eater started. I apparently need a wee bit more rum in my Coke before bedtime.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Oh, all dreams are crazy. Er, some more than others...

CRA-ZY!!!!!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Maybe it's because of those concert parties you've told us about. They sound like a lot of fun and they probably are very special to you, so variations of them show up in your dreams.
    That could be!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think reading this thread late last night made me have an Eagles dream, too!

In my dream, I'm not a participant. It's like I'm watching it on TV.

Glenn (as he looks today) is a spy. He is recording a secret conversation between two enemy agents, hiding in the trees nearby as they talk. He is recording something that will uncover their evil deeds. The enemy agents look like something out an old move - they're wearing trenchcoats, hats, and sunglasses. They finish and he slips away. It is time now to go to his contact and set up a meeting with another American agent.

His contact works at the first window of the McDonald's drive-thru. He orders chicken mcnuggets and she asks him if he wants free tater tots. He says yes. This is their secret signal. He pulls up and tells her to arrange for their government contact to meet him in the park where he will pass the US agent the recording. She takes his cash.

He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

What Glenn doesn't know is that she is an enemy spy! She knows the secret tater tot signal, too! She now knows Glenn is a spy. She reports him to her superior at McDonald's (apparently this McDonald's is a den of spies). He says "I can't believe he told you he got those free. How could one of America's top agents be so careless? Didn't he suspect something when you asked?"

"I guess he was just really excited about the free tater tots and forgot himself," the McDonald's lady says.

"Well, he's done it now," the manager replies. "We'll have him followed."

They meet and Glenn slips him the recording. Just then two enemy agents who are also in the park rush them. The man in the bunny costume has a jet pack and is able to rocket up and out of harm. Glenn is left with two agents pointing guns at him.

"Give us the recording!" One of them orders.

"What recording?" Glenn asks innocently.

"We'll get it out of you!" One of them men cries and the two slowly walk toward him. "You're coming with us or we'll shoot you right here! Your Superman costume cannot protect you!"

At that moment, the friendly agent in the sky drops a rope down. Glenn grabs it, quickly wraps it around his body while the enemy agents look on (!) and then he is lifted into the sky. One of the enemy agents says, "Maybe he really was Superman! He can fly! But who knew Superman would have such long hair?"

Then suddenly the dream shifts from this being a program on TV to this being a reality. I'm watching CNN and President Obama is awarding a medal of honor to Glenn because his recoding of the enemy plans has saved the free world. Glenn now looks like he did during the HFO period. He is wearing his jeans and black T-shirt from the HFO video and looks very sexy!

Obama then announces that as a celebration, the Eagles will re-form with the original line-up (apparently they were broken up in my dream). Glenn signals Obama "no", shaking his head. Obama asks "The Hotel California line-up?" Glenn shakes his head again. "All of the line-ups together?" Obama asks. Sighing, Glenn comes up to the mike himself and Obama steps aside.

"We fired Bernie and Randy. It is the Long Run line-up," Glenn explains.

"Oh- sorry!" Obama apologizes.

"That's ok," Glenn smiles. "And Don Henley deserves an award too. He was also working with me as a spy while we toured in the seventies. That's why we had to fire Bernie and Randy. They weren't spies and they were starting to get suspicious. Sorry, Bernie and Randy," he says into the mike. He turns to the side. "Come on up, Don!" The man in the bunny costume walks up, the one with the jet back. He removes the bunny head and reveals himself. It is OOTN Don, and his afro has gotten all smushed while he wore the bunny head. I feel sorry for him. However, the wind comes along and makes it perk up nicely. He unzips the costume and steps out of it. He is wearing the outfit from the boat photo with jeans and a denim shirt with several buttons undone. He looks hot in more ways than one. Apparently the bunny costume made him very sweaty.

I'm watching all this on CNN, remember, and I'm delighted. "The Eagles are getting back together!" I say happily. Then I get confused. "I thought they fired Don Felder... maybe he was getting suspicious too... but then why did Glenn say they were reuniting was the Long Run line-up... Don Felder is in that lineup... something is not right here..."

Apparently all this confusion was too much for me, because that is when I woke up!

You know, despite the nonsensical elements, this was actually a pretty cohesive dream compared to some I've had!
    . My dreams are sometimes hard to remember all of the details. I remember bits and pieces but always have hazy parts or things I cannot remember exactly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - looks likes it's been a very dreamy weekend on The Border! These are all great - weird, but great!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm sitting here in tears after reading your dream, Soda! I completely lost it at...
    "He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

OMG!!!! To freakin' funny, and the Superman outfit...

And Austin--- I love the fact you thought about The Border in your dream!! Very cool!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm sitting here in tears after reading your dream, Soda! I completely lost it at...
    "He then pulls up to the second drive-thru window to receive his food. The woman at the second window tells him that he can have special mcnuggets shaped like hearts for free. "Cool!" he says excitedly. She opens the bag, sees the tater tots, and slips in the special mcnuggets.

OMG!!!! To freakin' funny, and the Superman outfit...
    I think this part of the dream may have been brought on by my own enjoyment of chicken mcnuggets and, to a lesser extent, tater tots! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten