Page 126 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

VA, What a wonderful dream! It's really amazing what music can do for us.
    Zelda, I want to find that mall too!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    If I dream of Glenn singing, does that count as an Eagle dream?

Last night I dreamed I was sitting on the porch at my mother's house. My grandparents lived there when they were still alive, and the porch looked like it did back then, probably 45 years ago. But I sat on the step and I was the age I am now, not 5. I was singing along to Glenn's new CD and My Buddy came on. Out of nowhere my grandfather walked up and sat beside me, put his arm around me and sang along. When the song was over, he just...disappeared. The next song came on and I tried to sing along, but I woke up instead. It was so real, I swear I physically felt his arm around me.
    Just now reading this. What a lovely dream!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I had an Eagles dream a little while ago but I haven't put it on here because it's more incoherent than usual and as such may not be very interesting to read. Still, here goes!

The entire Border community is in deep water, thrashing around. There are hundreds of us and I can't make out faces - everything's blurry - but I know everyone's there.

Suddenly Glennsallnighter disappears under the water, then pops back up again. "Don's down there!" she says.

"Oh no!" I cry and swim down myself, but Don is OK. He's in an astronaut suit with oxygen, standing at the bottom. He's just standing motionless at the bottom of the pool and staring straight ahead. I swim up to him but he doesn't see me; his eyes are blank, like he's in a trance. It's really freaky.

Then, suddenly, his face changes and it's not Don anymore. It's someone I don't recognize. I swim back up. "It's not Don... I don't think... " I announce, but I can't explain what I've seen and I'm frightened to go look again.

GA insists it's Don and swims back down, then back up again. "It IS Don, Nancy!" she says, visibly upset.

I gather my courage and swim back down again, and sure enough, it's Don, and now he can see me. His eyes follow me but he still doesn't move. I think something must be very wrong. I swim back up again. "I'll get help!" I cry.

Suddenly I'm on the shore with Captain Jean Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise. He states confidently, "Don't worry, Nancy. I'll take care of everything." He turns to the water and steps in. When he does, it's changed from a ferocious, thrashing sea to a wave pool at an amusement park. He jumps in with a boogie board to bring everyone in and I know everything will be alright.

Meanwhile, I look over my shoulder and there's Don, standing around in swim trunks looking bored and behaving completely normally. There's no astronaut suit in sight. Things have gone from terrifying to completely trivial in a second. Somehow Captain Picard made this happen, I think. I feel so relieved!

But when I go over to Don and try to talk to him about it, he looks at me like I'm crazy. "What are you talking about?"

I realize he doesn't remember any of it. I look over at the wave pool and there's Capt. Picard rescuing people, so I know it all really happened. Why doesn't Don remember it? Did somebody do something to him to make him forget? Or maybe that wasn't Don down there after all.... but then who was it?

I start trying to figure out ways to test if something has happened to Don's memory, maybe ask him some questions that he should know the answer to or ask him to account for the last 24 hours and then check his story, but that's when I woke up. Mystery unsolved!

When I first started reading your dream, Soda, I didn't realize you meant we were in deep water literally - I just thought you meant we were in trouble! Lol!

Well, as usual, I have to ask, what did that dream mean????
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Who the heck knows. I try to analyze them sometimes and come up empty.

I love it, Soda! Good old Captain Picard.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I love it, Soda! Good old Captain Picard.
    What's weird is that she dreamed it, wrote it, just like he'd say it. I could hear his voice as I read it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

This thread is three years old. However,with a handy search feature, I've found EVERY dream I've EVER posted in it.... and drawing conclusions from all this... well, let's just say I haven't had much luck.

1 ) I attempt to steal Glenn's pets from the French Embassy

2 ) Joe dies and I have to identify his body and inform his friends and family

3 ) Joe and I hang out at the Vice President's house after watching a children's recital

4 ) I go to a meet'n'greet, get dissed by fans, but spot Glenn and sneak off to hang with him, where he presents me with appetizers

5 ) I perform as an Eagle, but I forget how to play the guitar

6 ) I gossip with Don about Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham over salad at a restaurant

7 ) I see the Eagles perform at a small theater in Purdue, then get taken to Glenn's house via ambulance

8 ) Glenn and I play ourselves on an action-packed episode of General Hospital

9 ) I see Don at a Country Western Club, give him a beer, and tell him to "be nice"

10 ) I see the Eagles in a Mexican restaurant, go to see Glenn's weird friends, and fight with him

11 ) I see a misspelled tattoo, buy an extended version of "Livin' Right," and watch Don rent a car

12 ) The magic tiaras

13 ) Adventures in Walmart (upper part of the post)

14 ) I rescue Don from drowning and take him on a waterslide (lower part of post)

15 ) Brooke, PM, and I visit Linden

16 ) The Eagles star in a sucky Star Trek movie

17 ) PLS, Dreamer, and I jump on a bed with Joe

18 ) I save Glenn's party from bombing by getting pizzas

19 ) I see Don and Irving Azoff at a diner in Danville, IL; Don helps me get family photos off Ebay

20 ) Glenn, Tim and I are at a Bible study/awards show, and Glenn zaps himself with blue lightning

21 ) Glenn, PLS, and I visit the mall and play Parcheesi with Tim

22 ) Glenn visits me at Texas A&M and I help him shop for furniture

23 ) PLS, Dreamer, Molly and I are walking with Glenn and Taylor when I put my foot in my mouth and annoy everybody

24 ) Irving Azoff pays for my textbooks

25 ) Don shares his spaghetti with me

26 ) Bernie helps me escape a dangerous guy and I reunite him with his lost love

27 ) Glenn seduces me in order to found out information (I'm a spy)

28 ) Linda Ronstadt hires me to type up inventories of Glenn's castle properties; Glenn gives me hair products at a party

29 ) Timothy stays at my hostel and wards off girls; Felder presents fake documentation in order to stay with Tim

30 ) Bret Michaels of Poison joins the Eagles

31 ) Glenn presents me with an award for Young Female Inventor of the Year

32 ) Glenn, Don, and I watch an old Civil War movie starring Don

33 ) The Eagles join the Scooby Doo gang; I introduce them to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson

34 ) Don gets mad when I don't type up his tests correctly (top of post)

35 ) Felder desperately tries to obtain a tape I have of him with the mafia (bottom of post)

36 ) PLS, Dreamer, and I get to hang out at Glenn's house, but I get myself in trouble again

37 ) Don doesn't like people getting free pizza at his concerts, but enjoys Glenn playing The Girl from Yesterday on crystals

38 ) Glenn and I try to solve a murder mystery

39 ) I'm visiting England and hanging with Troub, glenneaglesfan, and GA at a dorm; Glenn says we can stay but later that night, mysterious strangers appear with a baby

40 ) Don does the calling while I square dance

41 ) Felder and I talk in a crowded pool; by the pool, Glenn and I look at a scrapbook

42 ) The Eagles and I are on the A-Team

43 ) My mother and I hang out with Tim and Jean

44 ) I wind up eating with Don and Stevie, but they're acting weirdly and I'm nervous, especially when the elevator disappears

45 ) I hear Glenn singing a ballad I've never heard before where one of the words starts with "R" (upper part)

46 ) The Angel of Death poses as Joe and tries to kill PM and me (lower part)

47 ) Glenn zips up my dress before a show (upper part)

48 ) Don, the backseat driver (middle part)

49 ) Glenn and I have a nice, bizarre, and random talk (bottom part)

50 ) Joe has sex with me

51 ) I witness Glenn dissolve the Eagles, then hang out at his house

52 ) Glenn outruns me on a racetrack, leaving me with Demi Moore

53 ) Several Borderers and I have various misadventures trying to see shows; he wants me to think of him differently; no one believes me

54 ) Glenn and Don get me into several VIP events

55 ) The Eagles play for my students during class

56 ) Several Borderers and I go on a road trip to see Glenn shows, but he's not at some of them; Don calls me a "fangirl" for trying to see his unfinished lyrics

57 ) Glenn and Don bring down spies while dressed as Superman and a bunny, respectively; get recognized by President Obama

58 ) Capt. Picard saves Don and the Borderers, but Don has no memory of it

Note: since this serves as a handy master list, I'm editing it to include dreams that I had AFTER it was compiled. They're below.

59 ) I am trapped in a bunker with the Eagles, other celebrities, and shape-shifting monsters

60 ) Glenn and I search for Dreamer after she disappears from Lord Henley's estate (setting: England in the early 20th century)

61 ) Don Henley and I escape from kidnappers

62 ) I act in a play with Don, do other stuff backstage with Glenn

63 ) Don Henley dies of heart failure

64 ) Glenn and I foil Chinese spies (special guest appearance: Milton the cat lol)

65 ) An old dream where I get tangled up with Cody (Glenn's character from South of Sunset) - top of post

66 ) An old dream where I solve a mystery with Glenn and Taylor's help - no real details on this one, it's too old and I forgot most of it, but I'm listing it for comprehensiveness's sake! - bottom of post

67 ) I talk about myself in a restaurant to Joe, Tim, and Don

68 ) I "Quantum Leap" into Glenn... then into his girlfriend

69 ) I go to warm Timothy about a scam; wind up just hanging out

70 ) Road trip with Don Henley

71 ) I agree to help Prof. Henley with marital issues

72 ) An incident with Joe and a van

Soda, that was pretty strange, but I can see from this list that there are a lot of strange dreams in there!! I think I need to read some of them. I haven't read this entire thread, only since I've joined here!

I had 2 Eagle dreams, awhile ago, but I haven't had the chance to post them. I think I need to get to that!

Absolutely hilarious, Soda! Loving the titles. I remember some of them without even re-reading, but I definitely will dip into them again. Too funny. I love that you told Don to be nice!

Oh... and I think a few Borderers would like to order a number 50!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--