Page 14 of 194 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

LOL. No, thank goodness! A nice, unassuming Wednesday

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Oh Lou!! What a nightmare !!! Thank goodness it was only a dream. You might want to double that and set about 10 different alarms just to be on the safe side.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

WOW Troub, this was really a nightmare!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a NIGHTMARE Lou! If you like I'll phone you to MAKE SURE you are up! Lol!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Lou, you know that was just a bad dream because you wouldn't miss this for the world!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I was dreaming last night I got to meet Don but as soon as I began to look in his eyes and tell him How much I appreciated his music, I woke up

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Been there with Glenn Elisa! WHY does it always happen like that?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I don't know, but it is incredibly cruel

Time for another bizarre dream of mine, from last night!

In my dream, I'm onstage performing, wearing a guitar and singing, with four other people: my two sisters, a guy who looks like the lead singer from the All-American Rejects who in the dream is named Tommy, and Bernie Leadon. We're singing "Hotel California" and - in my dream - we are the Eagles. It's a special event to honor Linda Ronstadt, who got us together. We're all in formal wear and the audience is set up at tables like they would be for something like MusiCares.

But as I'm up there, something doesn't feel right to me. I know something is very wrong with the "Eagles." What could it be? I look around and see Tommy, and think, "That's what's wrong. He's not an Eagle." Why not? "We kicked him out of the band years ago, but oh well, he was an original member so it was only right to let him play with us tonight when we honor Linda."

Since in my mind I've figured out why the whole scenario feels so wrong, I relax a little... until I realize, I don't know how to play the guitar I'm wearing. Nobody seems to notice, though, because there are so many guitarists playing and everyone is concentrating on their part. I pretend to strum and I keep singing harmony on "Hotel California." My palms are sweating and I'm starting to panic since I'm a singer/guitarist and I can't play my guitar, but I don't want to draw attention to the fact by freaking out. I don't have any solos, so I figure, I'll just fake it for now. Then, after the show, I can try to figure out why after all these years I suddenly no longer know how to play the guitar.

The song ends and the band members start to leave the stage. I turn to follow them offstage and then my younger sister K. whispers, "Where are you going? This is the part where you play 'Take It Easy' by yourself. You stay onstage, the rest of us get offstage."

I know I can't do it. I turn to the audience and say "We'll be right back!" and hurry offstage. All of us get backstage and everyone is furious with me. My old sister N. asks, "Why aren't you out there playing 'Take It Easy'?"

"Because.... um.... because I don't think they just want to see me. They want to see the EAGLES! It's a group thing. Why should I play alone?" I'm still covering, trying not to show I can't play guitar anymore.

Everyone just keeps getting angrier, except Bernie, who looks bored and is plucking at his banjo by a picnic table in the middle of the backstage area. K holds up an invitation to the event where it clearly says "Take It Easy" on the songlist. "You've never turned down a chance to play alone before. What, did you forget you were supposed to do it?"

"Yes," I say. "You know how forgetful I am." She looks disgusted, but I press on. "I didn't rehearse it, so I can't play it alone. We all have to get out there and do it."

K. snaps, "How could you forget? We talked about it! You said I couldn't do 'End of the Innocence' because there wasn't time, that we were finishing with 'Take It Easy'!"

Tommy adds shrilly, 'How can you say you need to rehearse it? You've been playing it for years! You know it by heart! This is BS!"

I can't answer, because I should know it by heart, and I don't understand why I don't. So, instead of answering, I run back out onstage and grab a microphone. Do I attempt to play it myself? No, I pull a fast one. "Now, for a special treat, all the Eagles are going to come up here and do 'Take It Easy' for you!" I turn around towards the backstage area. "Come on out, guys!"

Everyone cheers. The band all comes back onstage, glaring at me resentfully, but not wanting to cause a scene by refusing to come out after I've announced them. "You think you're so smooth, don't you? You always have to have your way," Tommy spits at me under his breath, but I'm so relieved the whole band is out there that I don't care.

Then... I look out at the audience.... and I see Glenn Frey and Don Henley dressed like they were for the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction sitting at a table with Linda Ronstadt. "Wow, Glenn and Don are here!" I think excitedly, then pause... "But wait, they're Eagles, why aren't they up here onstage...this isn't right..."

Then I woke up before my brain melted.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

wow nancy! That's.......wow!