Page 16 of 194 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Well suddenly Tim comes RUNNING around the corner just as this little van/truck pulls up. It looks like one of those little milk trucks or ice cream trucks.

Why do the words of David Lee Roth go thru my head when I read this...
    "I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by, see now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy"

Oh Yeah Baby!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The poor kids in the neighbourhood wouldn't stand a chance!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Last Night, I dreamt I was hired as Don's massusse (sp) and I got to massage his strong shoulders and arms

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Nice job if you can get it Elisa!!

The other night I dreamt that I had a tour book from Glenn:I heart:'s Live in Dublin gig in 1992. Then woke up wondering if in fact such a tour book exists and WHERE THE HELL CAN I LOCATE IT!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

You raise an interesting point, GA. I have NEVER heard of a Strange Weather or even a POT tour book. You would have thought if one existed it would have surfaced by now.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yeah! There MUST have been a book! Its not like it was a once off date or anything. It was a full tour.
    That would certainly make some interesting bedtime reading if I could get my hot little hands on one of those........ mmmmmm
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I had a dream last night. I was sitting in exactly the same place as I was at the Jackson Browne concert, and it was post-show but people were just kind of milling around. Julie (Freypower) was sitting a couple of seats to my left, with her daughter, who was only about 2 or 3. Don Henley wandered up the stairs (I think it was his show, not JB's, although I don't remember any of the set) and Julie leapt up to grab his attention. She asked very politely if he would be able to come over and say hello to her young daughter as she was a huge fan. Don smiled, said "Sure" and followed her back to her seat. By this point, my heart was racing! He sat down in Julie's seat and looked down at the little girl who was playing/hiding on the floor between the seats. He leaned forward, stroked her hair and said "Hello gorgeous girl." Julie's daughter giggled but went all shy and scampered off under the seat towards her mum. Don chuckled and slumped back in his seat, sighing. He saw me watching and smiled. "Story of my life." I remember thinking "Yeah RIGHT!"

There was a couple of moments of silence but he still sat there. I wanted to grab my opportunity so I said "OK, I know this was kind of a crazy thing to do..." (he looked at me a little bit worried - lol) "but I flew out to the States by myself to see you in your recent Oklahoma shows." He stared at me with a half-smile and said "You did not!" I laughed and nodded. "I held up a sign at one of them." He looked at me and the realisation obviously dawned on him. He said "That was you?" and then started laughing to himself for a good couple of minutes, while I sat there amused but blushing.

Then, I asked him for a photo and he agreed and leaned back in his seat next to me. I turned my camera around to take it myself, said thanks, and he left. When I looked at the camera, the picture hadn't come out at all. So I followed him out into the foyer and said "I'm really sorry, but my photo didn't turn out well. Is there any chance I could just take another one quickly?" He took out his own camera phone and said "Sure. We'll take it with this one. I like to keep them as, uh, souvenirs." I was a bit confused and said "Oh, OK... So you'll send it to me, yeah?" He just grinned and said "Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder." I obliged, naturally. I remember he was wearing a denim jacket. And he took the picture. He looked at it, smiled, obviously pleased, and started to walk off, grinning at me.

Then I woke up.

So... Don... if you're reading this... I WANT MY PHOTOGRAPH PLEASE!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh - that's a cute one, troub. Too bad Rosalind freaked out - otherwise she could have taken a picture of you and Don with your camera, and then you wouldn't have to wait for Don to send it to you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

"Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder"...??!!??!
    Un-freakin-believable!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    "Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder"...??!!??!
    Un-freakin-believable!!!
    Yes, I'm glad I behaved like a true feminist and refused his request, rather than adhering to his every command...