Page 185 of 194 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

This is a 'seventies type of dream with a kind-of fragmented story line:

Don Henley is riding in a school library elevator carrying a small stack of school notebooks. I am standing next to Don as we both ascend the stacks. "Don," I ask, "are those your books, or are they someone else's books?" Don has a yellow full-sized legal pad and an 8 1/2" x 11" spiral bound college-ruled notebook. He has a watery-blue fountain pen. He also has a little aqua green magic marker. He rides up to floor three and gets out of the elevator. I follow Don. He turns a corner in a grey-carpeted hallway, and he goes into a little room on the left. It is the rare books room of the library. I go into the room and sit down next to the doorway at a conference-style wooden table. Don sits down next to the head of the table. Some school students walk into the room and sit down, and everyone starts talking about Victorian novels. Glenn walks in and sits down, but he doesn't talk to anyone.

Don walks to the nearest bookshelf, and he takes out the book "Vanity Fair," by Willliam Makepeace Thackaray. I start talking about Wilkie Collins' "The Moonstone." Some of the students talk about Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" and then Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights." "Vanity Fair" is the biggest novel on the table. It looks endless, like a social drama on television. It has a plastic-protected library cover with a pink cotton-candy outlined cover painting, and it is musty and worn. I start thinking that I'll take out "Vanity Fair" and read it; and I take the novel from the table and open it to start reading it; but it is long and colorless instead of glossy. Disillusioned, I put the book back onto the table. Glenn was left out of the conversation as Don talked to all of the students. Glenn went out into the hallway from Don's social whirl. Don had character. He could have talked to the students all day. Outside of the door, Glenn said that he didn't want all of those people to talk about him. When magazines put out an article on the Eagles, all of the teens would talk about his haircut and the interviews, the music, the hits, and all of the pictures in the magazines. Don started to talk about art and music. He talked about rock and country music. He talked about the meanings of songs, and how music and lyrics together could convey meaning to an audience. Don put the copy of "Vanity Fair" back in the bookshelf, and he and the students broke off their conversation. Don and Glenn went outside and got into a car. Don was still talking, as they drove out of the library driveway. I think they were going to meet the rest of the Eagles after they left.
    Last edited by Lisa; 08-17-2014 at 04:20 PM.

We have been having a rough month health wise. It started with an ear infection for me...antibiotic made me break out so had to stop taking it and suffer through the ear hurt, next night I stubbed my left foot...probably broke my pinky toe and bruised the other three badly. Still hurts and it has been a month. Did it the week school started so have only been able to wear crocs. Then hubby's back got all jacked up again. He can hardly move to put on his shoes and socks. Been a rough month...On top of the usual Crohn's crap. So after the doctor for hubby today (had to ditch in-service) I was just emotionally and physically exhausted. Took a nap while playing VH1 the Doobies on TV. I dreamed that hubby took me to Vegas to see The Eagles play and wouldn't you know it, the Doobies came on stage and played as well. Concert was 5 hours long and they played and played and played. And then after the concert both groups stuck around in a kind of meet and greet situation. Pat Simmons and Timothy B sat at our table and we talked until they had to go.

Don't know what caused the dream but I so enjoyed it. Would be a great stress reliever.

SC, glad to hear your dream did you some good.

Lisa, yours is an entertaining read as well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I sure wouldn't mind having a "racy" dream of my Timothy B someday

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Ditto. soda.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

love hearing these dreams about the guys...lol

had one last night...but don't remember much...I was bowling with a few people...and was doing quite well...got 182 my first game...but in the second game...I noticed the Eagles were standing in the back watching...don't know if they were watching me exactly...but needless to say...I got a 68 that game...and I remember dropping the ball...and gutter balls, etc...guess I got a wee bit nervous with the boys around...lol...that's all I remember

Too bad they had to mess you up.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I love hearing about these dreams too since I hardly ever have one.

And Z, at least you did not drop the ball on one of our guys' foot which is probably what I would have done being so klutzy & nervous with them there.

This one's a before "Hotel California" scenario:

Don, Glenn, and Randy are riding in the back seat of a white sedan, and Randy is in the center, where he is kind of melancholy. Glenn and Don do all of the talking. The driver has the radio on, and I am sitting next to him. We are driving to a country store. "Take It To the Limit," a chart hit on the radio at the time, starts to play on the car radio as we go up a ramp to a merge with a highway. We start singing the song. As we get to the refrain, we go through the merge for the highway. Glenn says, "Hey, Randy. This is your song!" Don adds, "It's all yours!" Randy doesn't say anything. He looks a little subdued and depressed. We arrive at the country store, and Don walks over to the sign for the store on a hill on a rural road. The sign is hand-painted. Don has his yellow pad for writing with him. All four of us, (without the driver), sit in the grass next to the sign on the hill. Don starts talking about the Eagles. He talks about soft rock and all of the hits they've had on the radio. "Take It to the Limit" is the current hit. He talks about "One of These Nights," and "Best of My Love." Don is wondering what the younger crowd would think if the Eagles changed their music to add a rock sound. The Eagles had a long string of soft rock hit singles, and he is worried. "Don," I say, "Everyone listens to rock. It grabs your attention and holds on to a listener." Don, Glenn, and Randy don't know. They love country rock. They have roots in country rock. A harder sound for the Eagles? Would the crowd accept them with a new sound? Then Don re-asserts his interest in conveying meaning in music: how would a song lyric set to music change for an audience and for what it hopes to hear?
    Last edited by Lisa; 10-28-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Neat dream, Lisa!

I just had more of a nightmare than a dream! I've been exhausted all day after my NYC trip, so I took a nap earlier. I dreamt that Stevie Nicks was on TV announcing she and the rest of Fleetwood Mac would be making guest appearances at the Eagles NYC show on Sept. 18. I am watching in disbelief thinking I had just been there, but now I need to right back! I can't miss this! I curse my luck that they didn't do the 13th but immediately start trying to figure out how to go to the show on the 18th, no matter what the cost. I start to freak out thinking about all the scrambling I'm going to have to do - missing work, spending more money, getting good seats at this late date...

I woke up and for like a minute I laid on my couch still believing this was happening and stressing out about making the trip happen before I finally snapped back to reality!