Page 190 of 194 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Yep SRMW - that's what you call sweet dreams!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Very nice dream there SRMW! I'm jealous of the part where you and Glenn relaxed together!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

What a cool dream!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You know, I mentioned in another thread that I'd had a really disturbing dream about Glenn while I was in Texas last December, but what I didn't mention was that I also had a really sweet dream about him around that same time. It happened a few days later, I think. I'm going to talk about it here because it balances the bad one nicely.

That dream started out with me joining Glenn in his hotel suite. I was with a girl my age who he called "Beth" but whose real name was Jess. Turns out, in the dream, she was his daughter, and he eventually recognized her. There were tons of people in the hotel suite but weirdly, several of them were MY family members - my cousins, my parents. Glenn was chatty and friendly to all of us, working the room. There was a concert the next day and we were all invited. However, my family needed to fly back and I was obligated to go with them.

Suddenly, it's the next day and we're on our way to the airport when a runaway golf cart slams into my cousin's car and they miss their plane. I am secretly gleeful - we can go to the concert now!

When we get to the show, though, there's no ticket left for me. I figure I'll pay extra and get in, then try to sneak up to where my family was.

Before I could do so, however, the brick building next to the ticketing office started to shake and the a hole opened up in it that we could step through. That's where Glenn was. He was hanging out with his friends and family.

Everyone tried to sing the "Books of the Bible" song and flailed about halfway through, forgetting all those minor prophets. Glenn laughed and said, "Amateurs!" with a wink. He could do the whole thing.

I said, "I didn't think you sung that kind of song."

Glenn replied, "Someone told me they thought I'd sound good on it, so I decided to try it."

We were all about to leave for the show - Glenn to get onstage, and us to get to the audience. There was a guy with me who told Glenn to be careful onstage, that his life was being threatened, and Glenn looked shocked, then he blew it off. The rest of us trundled on out.

I somehow got separated from everyone else and got lost on my way to the concert hall. I was in a panic and trying to figure out how to get in. I made it just in time.

Then I woke up, but I was smiling, because in that dream, Glenn made me feel pretty special.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Just reading about your dream put on smile on my face, Soda.

This part, though... I think that somehow something was letting you know that Glenn was in danger.

Glenn to get onstage, and us to get to the audience. There was a guy with me who told Glenn to be careful onstage, that his life was being threatened, and Glenn looked shocked, then he blew it off.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I do love that dream Nancy!! Always wonderful to dream about Glenn!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

It's so incongruous, getting to go to a show because of a runaway golf cart!

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I had an Eagles dream the other day that was cool but kinda sad. I dreamt that I was at an Eagles concert with my dad and we were standing in the front row but we were the only ones there. The entire arena was empty including the stage. My dad suggested that we go back stage and see if the Eagles were there because there was no security to tell us we couldn't. So we walked down a long hall way to a back stage area and we walked around the corner to a small room. Don, Joe, and Timothy were sitting there and Glenn was standing on the stairs. Don waved and Joe smiled at me. Don turned to Glenn and said, "Glenn, look." But Glenn was completely zoned out so Don had to snap his fingers in front of his face until he came out of his daydream. Then Don said again, "Glenn, look. We have a visitor." Glenn finally saw me standing next to him. I got really excited and all I could say was a nervous/excited hi. Glenn gave me a really weird look so I said, "You guys are my heroes." Glenn shook my hand and said, "I'm glad to hear that. Come sit down." I noticed that Glenn's hand was really cold and his veins were really pronounced but I sat down on the couch next to him. Joe said they were working on a set list and Glenn showed me what they had so far. I gave them my opinion on what songs they should play and we talked for what seemed like hours. Then I noticed that Glenn looked kinda sad so I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I don't know. I just feel weird." I said back to him, "Everything will be fine." Then I rested my head on his shoulder and we sat there peacefully for a few minutes. It was like the perfect moment. When I woke up, I realized that the reason Glenn was acting so strange was because I was dreaming of his sickness.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I had an Eagles-related dream last night, and a bit of a strange one, as I wasn't really dreaming about the Eagles as such, just about a Don solo track with a weird twist.

I was asleep and Don's A Month Of Sundays came into my head. I should emphasise now that this was the studio version of the song I was listening to, not a live performance. The song was playing, and there was nothing odd - the music and lyrics were as they should be - but then, I think it was after the 'rushing of the wheels' line, Glenn started singing some completely different lyrics. I can't remember what he sung, but I knew it was Glenn's voice. Shortly afterwards I woke up. I have no idea what on earth that dream was about.

Interesting dream. Month of Sundays was one of the songs I listened to a LOT after hearing about Glenn's passing (for some reason I still can't explain), so I find your dream especially intriguing!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg