Page 192 of 194 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

The dream last night was goofy! The past 2 mornings I have awoken to the news that a house in the Houston area had caught on fire so I am thinking that may have played a part in this dream.

I dreamed that I was house sitting. However at first I was unsure who I was house sitting for, but then I realized that I was at Glenn and Cindy's house. I wasn't sure how I got the job but I was excited. Then my sister and a friend came over and I was telling them not to touch or mess anything up because this was Glenn's house and I wanted to do a good job so maybe they would hire me again. It was funny because I don't remember how I got the job or even how I realized it was their house. About that time I am thinking there is something wrong and start looking around the house. Seems like something is not quite right in the kitchen but the neighbors come over and start telling us how nice Glenn and Cindy are and how they are great neighbors and that I better take good care of the house.
    Then I realize there is smoke coming out of the stove and then flames. Oh my, what is Glenn going to think if his house burns? So I call the fire department and start hitting the flames with a wet towel all the while wondering is this the correct thing to do? I am thinking, is this stove electric or gas? Whatever, the flames go away and the fire department shows up and tells me I did good.

I wake up and never get to meet Glenn or Cindy!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Too funny on that last one HB! But really, any dream with Glenn in it, seen or not, has to be good!

The first one was good but I can imagine why you woke up sad. Dang, missing out on that kiss too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    The dream last night was goofy! The past 2 mornings I have awoken to the news that a house in the Houston area had caught on fire so I am thinking that may have played a part in this dream.

I dreamed that I was house sitting. However at first I was unsure who I was house sitting for, but then I realized that I was at Glenn and Cindy's house. I wasn't sure how I got the job but I was excited. Then my sister and a friend came over and I was telling them not to touch or mess anything up because this was Glenn's house and I wanted to do a good job so maybe they would hire me again. It was funny because I don't remember how I got the job or even how I realized it was their house. About that time I am thinking there is something wrong and start looking around the house. Seems like something is not quite right in the kitchen but the neighbors come over and start telling us how nice Glenn and Cindy are and how they are great neighbors and that I better take good care of the house.
    Then I realize there is smoke coming out of the stove and then flames. Oh my, what is Glenn going to think if his house burns? So I call the fire department and start hitting the flames with a wet towel all the while wondering is this the correct thing to do? I am thinking, is this stove electric or gas? Whatever, the flames go away and the fire department shows up and tells me I did good.

I wake up and never get to meet Glenn or Cindy!
    Funny! Too bad you never got to meet Glenn!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Wow! Can't believe no one has posted on this thread since 2016!
    I've had Glenn Frey dreams 2 nights in a row. I guess because Soda and I had talked recently about our regrets in not being able to attend the Bossier City concert in 2015, I dreamed Wednesday night that I was at the concert. I was sitting a few rows back from the stage and I could see Glenn leaning over and kissing people in the front row at the end of the concert. Besides being irritated that I was not on the front row getting a kiss, I was sad. I remember thinking that he must know this was going to be his last concert and I woke up very sad.
    Aw. I can see why this was a bummer.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for sharing your dreams with us, HB. I agree that first one is kinda sad. And I rarely dream or, if I do, I rarely remember them. However, if I do remember them, they are usually the kind of nonsensical ones like your second one.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your dreams, particularly Shun and HB. I must say I'm surprised too that the thread lay idle for so long until it was revived. But I suppose early 2016 was a very upsetting and confusing time for so many of us.

I'm going to post a dream that I had just at the end of January 2016. I have shared it privately with some members of the Border but I was in a very bad place then and wasn't ready to post it generally just then. Putting it into context, for me Glenn 's death came as a very unexpected and awful shock. Some false posting on FB had led people to believe that he was recovering and doing well, and when I got the news it just hit me where it hurt hardest. Reading accounts of how/why he had died was even more upsetting. My apetite was gone, and every time I closed my eyes to sleep I had visions of him in a hospital bed ill and in pain. I was resorting to sedatives and more alcohol than was wise just to try to numb the emotional pain and get me through the day. Then my Mom was admitted into hospital which meant that someone had to look after my Dad who was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers. I took a week off from work and was overnighting in my parents house some evenings as he couldn't be left alone for any length of time.

So this particular Friday night (think it was the 29th January) Dad didn't go to bed until 2 am so I had to stay up till then. As I was in charge of him I decided I would be better not to take any sleeping tablets in case I would not hear if he got up and went to sleep in my old bedroom.

The following morning when I woke up I realised that I had been dreaming about Glenn all night. This was the first time I had dreamed about him since he had died. I was walking along a street near my home and he was walking along beside me, dressed in a suit. He looked relaxed and happy and there was no evidence of pain or suffering in his face. We weren't holding hands or anything but he was at my side. He said to me 'Tell Cindy I want her to finish the book' - Was this a reference to the autobiography he was rumoured to have been writing? He also had a cd in his hand. He didn't say so but it seemed implicit that it was new unpublished songs.

After that I woke up. The sun was streaming in the window and for some reason there was a very unique peaceful feeling in my bedroom. Almost like a spiritual presence. Its like he was THERE with me for that short while. I think to this day he was in some spiritual way. And it made me think that yes, he was ok. And I started to feel a tiny bit better for the first time.

'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, such a sweet dream. I'm sure, at the time, that it helped you in your grief.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I remember you talking about that dream when it happened. It's funny how life works, huh?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your dreams, particularly Shun and HB. I must say I'm surprised too that the thread lay idle for so long until it was revived. But I suppose early 2016 was a very upsetting and confusing time for so many of us.

I'm going to post a dream that I had just at the end of January 2016. I have shared it privately with some members of the Border but I was in a very bad place then and wasn't ready to post it generally just then. Putting it into context, for me Glenn 's death came as a very unexpected and awful shock. Some false posting on FB had led people to believe that he was recovering and doing well, and when I got the news it just hit me where it hurt hardest. Reading accounts of how/why he had died was even more upsetting. My apetite was gone, and every time I closed my eyes to sleep I had visions of him in a hospital bed ill and in pain. I was resorting to sedatives and more alcohol than was wise just to try to numb the emotional pain and get me through the day. Then my Mom was admitted into hospital which meant that someone had to look after my Dad who was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers. I took a week off from work and was overnighting in my parents house some evenings as he couldn't be left alone for any length of time.

So this particular Friday night (think it was the 29th January) Dad didn't go to bed until 2 am so I had to stay up till then. As I was in charge of him I decided I would be better not to take any sleeping tablets in case I would not hear if he got up and went to sleep in my old bedroom.

The following morning when I woke up I realised that I had been dreaming about Glenn all night. This was the first time I had dreamed about him since he had died. I was walking along a street near my home and he was walking along beside me, dressed in a suit. He looked relaxed and happy and there was no evidence of pain or suffering in his face. We weren't holding hands or anything but he was at my side. He said to me 'Tell Cindy I want her to finish the book' - Was this a reference to the autobiography he was rumoured to have been writing? He also had a cd in his hand. He didn't say so but it seemed implicit that it was new unpublished songs.

After that I woke up. The sun was streaming in the window and for some reason there was a very unique peaceful feeling in my bedroom. Almost like a spiritual presence. Its like he was THERE with me for that short while. I think to this day he was in some spiritual way. And it made me think that yes, he was ok. And I started to feel a tiny bit better for the first time.

I've had meetings all week so I've just now read this, but I wanted to reply and say I'm so glad you were able to have this comforting dream at such a difficult time.

Stuck on the Border

GA - So glad the dream gave you comfort in what was a difficult time for you and everyone here.
    I wonder if Cindy could be writing a book. That sure would be interesting.