Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1921

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

  1. #11
    Stuck on the Border Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,554

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Troub, if I had a dream where Glenn looked like he did in "Soul Searchin", I think I would have passed out in the back seat of the car!
    Also, if Glenn was singing along to the songs on the radio, just hearing his voice would cause me to faint again, if I ever revived from the first time, that is!

    I had a dream about five or six months ago, where I was in a recording studio with Don and Glenn. Don was playing the drums and singing, and Glenn was on guitar. I was the only one sitting there watching them. Don kept forgetting the words, so finally Glenn went over and told him to take a break. Then he started walking towards me. I remember being so excited, but also scared, and wondering what on earth I would say to him. Then I woke up!

  2. #12
    R.I.P. ticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)
    Posts
    2,873

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    J dreamed about Hot dogs. First of all, probably not a good sign, but they were "Eagle Brand" hot dogs. Ya think that means anything ? *G*

  3. #13
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Normally my dreams involve being in a situation where Glenn is just out of reach or the person I'm desperately trying to communicate with turns out to be somebody else. The last one I had was some sort of travelling roadshow the band set up where you could travel in a caravan and watch them perform at each stop along the route. Every time I stopped I was able to see Don but Glenn was never available.

  4. #14
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,187

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    I found some interesting facts here:

    Analyzing the dream: Basic Dream Themes...

    Identify the main "theme" or "concept" of the dream. Perhaps the most important thing about dream analysis, identifying the basic theme sets the tone for the interpretation. It is done like so: First, write down the dream (or record it). Look at the dream from a different perspective. Take away the details and look at it as a whole. Here is an example:

    You have a dream of a beautiful hall with shinny marble floors and incredible works of art on the walls. The pictures are framed in solid gold. There are flowers in the corner, and they are breathtaking. The ceiling is cathedral style, with graceful arches with ornate carvings. You get the distinct impression that you are alone, and in charge of it's upkeep. You here a faint scratching sound from the other end of the hall. You hurry down there and zero in on the sound. To your horror a mouse is chewing on the corner of a magnificent painting. You realize if you do nothing at all, the work will be rendered worthless and ugly. But you know if you catch the mouse you can save the painting since little to no damage has been done. You are uncertain you can get the mouse in time. You wake up feeling disappointed and remorse, as you do not want to see something so important to you destroyed.

    So here is the theme when you take away the details.
    Someone sees something precious being senselessly destroyed. There is a chance to put an end to it, if acted upon quickly.

    If you had this dream wouldn't it be much clearer with a theme? Creating a theme is very easy and usually only requires common sense.
    Lets do one more.

    The Dream:
    (From the Book of Genesis 40:09-11)In my dream, behold, a vine was before me; And in the vine were three branches: and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes: And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand.

    The theme: Something good comes to fruition. This something is refined, and given away.

    As anyone who cares to look up this passage can see, the meaning was that the King would restore the Chief Butler to his former position in three days. A theme is NOT the whole interpretation, as you can see. But it does point you into the right direction. For instance, "something good comes to fruition "IE he gets his job back. This "something is refined, and given away" does not seem to fit, however we don't really know from the passage whether or not changes to his job were required, or if held his job long afterward. Add the symbolism that Joseph used, and you get 3 "day--3 vines" "pressing grapes into Pharaoh's cup--preparing to serve Pharaoh" "Giving the cup to Pharaoh--returning to the service of Pharaoh as he had in former years.". The symbolism Joseph used was very logical! Add to it a theme, and it fits perfectly! This was a tough example as this dream was a prophetic dream and they are rare. I only used this to show you two very important things;

    1. Themes help you find the big picture.
    2. Themes alone are too vague to be useful as a whole interpretation!

    TIP: The secret behind themes, are take away all the details, names, things places etc. and leave ONLY the action. As you can tell, that does give a great clue, but not the whole. So do not stop on your journey of dream discovery after you master dream "theme interping", as it will not be complete.

    Analyzing The Dream: Theme-to-life...

    Match the Theme or Concept to a specific area of your life.
    First off, MOST dreams are NOT prophetic. To instantly assume this, will lead to many mis-interpretations! Your dreams are usually selfish, meaning that they are about you specifically, a good 90 percent of the time. With that in mind, you should be able to tie in the theme to some particular area of your life. Here is a good tip: When you ask yourself, "What specific area of my life is this dream about? "as opposed to asking "What's this dream mean?" you will arrive at a conclusion faster. Always assume, at least to start off with, that the dream is about you, and a message to you. Since you made the theme, you should be able to place it into some aspect or condition present in your life. A real good sign that you thought up the right area of your life it is addressing, is when you get that "Ah HaH, THAT'S IT!" feeling. Sometimes, if it is a bad dream, the feeling is more like "oh no, that's it!". Either way, when the connection is made, you feel it and you know.
    If you were indeed correct on finding the theme, then finding the area of your life it fits into should come quite easily. How exactly though, do you go about matching the theme to an area of your life? If you had the first dream (the one about the hall above) and you decided that the theme was:

    Someone sees something precious being senselessly destroyed. There is a chance to put an end to it, if acted upon quickly.


    Ask yourself the following questions:
    • What element in my life seems very precious to me? (search for the ah-hah feeling)
    • Is there a possibility that it could be damaged or hurt in any way?

    Note that if you had that dream, found the element in your life that was precious to you, and you know it could be in danger, yet you do not see a solution, your mind does! Re-examine the situation and the solution might just reach out and grab you! If it were hopeless, the dream would have been different. Sometimes your sleeping mind can arrive at conclusions far better then our normal thinking processes. As you can tell, theming-to-life is best done through emotion. Only by examining your own emotions as you try to fit the theme into a given situation can you know you hit the mark. Our lives are sometimes so complicated that we many have so many things going on that could fit the theme, our emotions are our best clue to pin pointing the exact application. Emotions are a very good clue to the dream itself. Pay strict attention to "your emotional state" while in the dream. For example if you were happy through-out the "hall" dream, it would have a far different meaning then if you were sad!


    Analyzing the dream: Universal Symbols...

    You've developed good sleeping habits. Then you got on a regular schedule of taking your vitamins and chelated minerals. You learned how to relax, and you are dedicated to writing things down or recording them. Giving yourself the suggestion to remember your dreams, you are now doing so quite frequently. Themes come easily and you can fit them into your life accordingly. Are you done? Somehow you don't think so, as you seem to be missing a large part of the picture. The details. This is where symbols come in. Symbols in a dream, are actually the elements that make up the details. Even specific actions are sometimes symbols (such as falling). In the dream above about the hall, the pictures, ceiling, arches, paintings and even the mouse, are all dream symbols. All the little details mean something. Symbols, for the most part, are a very personal thing. Meaning that a "dream dictionary" may not necessarily have the correct definition to the symbol in your particular dream. Why? Because we associate meanings differently from one another at times. For example, I might associate a candle with pain, hardship and poverty if I spent enough time with no money living in the dark and lighting my home with a candle. But, I might associate a candle with God, if the only time I ever see one is in church! Two dramatically different definitions of the same thing. When you read a dream dictionary, it is usually not bogus, it merely gives the most "common" definition for that particular item. If you were unaffected at all by an item in your life, then the dream dictionary definition would most likely be valid. However, there are a certain amount of symbols that seem to always mean the same thing for people all the time. These you would do well to write down, memorize or at the very least, bear in mind while interpreting your own dreams. Why exactly these symbols are universal is a mystery to a certain extent, though I am sure there is a good reason.


    Animals


    They symbolize our own traits, good and bad. When you see an animal doing something in your dreams it usually represents a bad trait. As it is far easier for us to accept and watch an animal doing something negative then to take the credit for it ourselves. Here is a good example: A woman on a diet and really wants to loose weight but is prone to binge eating. She has tried and failed many times, but this time has resolve. That night in a moment of weakness, she eats a big slice of cake, and a bowl of ice cream. That night she dreams of being on a farm on a cloudy day, and watching in disgust as a big manure covered sow eats and sucks non-stop at her sloop. She is astonished and ashamed when she noticed what the sow was eating! (cake and ice cream). It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what that dream means, or what the animal symbolized! Her dream was telling her she would feel about as good about herself as she felt about the sow if she did not control her eating.


    Automobiles or vehicles


    Vehicles that you ride in usually reflect two things; the direction you are heading in life, and your body. (the thing you travel or "ride" through life in) This might vary if you are a mechanic or designer of vehicles. Unusually over exposure to a specific vehicle type may easily change the meaning. The condition of the vehicle might give you an idea of your health. Driving an old beat up car down a muddy road on a stormy night would be considered a pretty bad dream! However flying a Lear jet through blue skies with a song in your heart and the wind at your tail would be a rather good dream.


    Children


    A child represents to most of us, something new, different and joyous. Using this logic, it is easy to see why a child represents a new phase in your life or a new project as well. How well the child gets along and fares in the dream is an indication as to how well what it represents is doing. Also, a child symbolizes innocent parts of yourself sometimes, and at other times, immaturity and childishness. It all depends on the theme and emotions used in the dream.


    Clothing



    When you get into different moods you tend to choose different clothing, so clothing, for this reason best symbolizes your mood or state of mind. They also signify attitude. We wear clothing for all sorts of different reasons including, work, dating, play and social occasions. Attitudes and moods are similar to clothing in this regard, they are the camouflage we hide behind, our face we put on for the world in various situations so we can better cope. Take a look at what you, or other people in your dream are wearing to get even more clues to the dream's meaning. Also, a commonly overlooked clue is sometimes you see clothes on a clothes line, or lying around. It would be a good idea to take note as to what style and condition the clothes you see are.


    Death



    Nearly any dream you have that refers to death, dying or attending a funeral, or the like, pertain to change. Most all the time this change is very dramatic and major. It can be change in your life attitude or emotional balance. These types of dreams can also symbolize confronting fear, usually fear of death or change. Since most of use will agree that death is the ultimate change, and many people fear it. Death dreams are generally big changes and should never be ignored. Sometimes they really do signify death! Another possible symbol of a death dream is threat. Whichever suits the dream depends on how well the theme was arrived at. Most death dreams are about major change and not about literal death though, so don't panic if you have one. Just patiently go through the analysis process, and make sense of it.


    Buildings



    The building in a dream usually points directly to a specific area of your life. Dreaming of being in an office complex, or factory can pertain to your working environment. It does not need to specifically pertain to your exact line of work. In other words, an office worker dreaming of a loading dock still can relate the dock to work, because that's the association made in his mind. A bathroom, may pertain to your general health and hygiene habits, and a kitchen might be about your eating and nutrition. What you associate different locations to mean in general, usually points to what the dream was getting at specifically. To dream of your childhood house, tends to be a reflection of your life today though. A dream of mass chaos in your childhood home can indicate great disturbances in your life either now, or coming shortly. These kinds of dreams are often prophetic. You should always write down and deeply analyze dreams of your childhood dwelling. Dreams of great buildings like cathedrals and large churches usually indicate the dream has a great meaning, and should be taken seriously, as well as any applied association.


    People



    People most often portrayed in dreams are actually reflections of your own personality traits, provided the dream is not prophetic.These traits are ones that you need to enhance or develop, or if negative, work on eliminating or reducing. You should immediately ask of yourself, what traits do I like, and what traits do I dislike in the characters I dream about? Then look for those traits in yourself. You may be very surprised to find a match up! People in dreams work most commonly to reflect, or mirror important aspects of your personality. You do well to always make this association.


    IMPORTANT NOTE
    Dreams are very efficient. Meaning, they can address multiple issues on multiple topics all in one story line! A dream can warn you of health dangers, predict the future, point out personality flaws (or credits) and solve a current problem all in one dream! Some dreams are worthy of repeated analysis, and just because you can come up with two or three interpretations, does not mean that only one can be right, in fact they could all easily be right.


    Analyzing the Dream: Personal Symbols...

    All symbols in a dream create some sort of reaction in you. Look for the symbols that get the most reaction, they are usually keys. Since all symbols are not universal, in fact most aren't, before you pull out your dream dictionary, you need to decide if the symbol has a personal meaning or not. Here is an example: A knife might symbolize happiness to a woman who dropped the knife on her wedding day, and if was a big joke because it stuck handle up in the floor. This is associated with joy because it was humorous at the time and was a fond memory she shared with her husband. However, the next woman might cringe in fear over dreaming of a knife because she was attacked by a knife wielding thug in her teens. There are countless examples that could be given, but I think you get the picture. But how does one know what something means in a dream? How do we readily decode the symbols? There are several methods, lets explore:


    Association


    A traditional psychological method of looking at something and taking note of the first thing it reminds you of. After you think of something it reminds you of, do it again with the next association. Example I say "Cat", you associate "dog". Then I say "dog", and you associate "fire hydrant". I say "fire hydrant", you say "Fire". You see how this works? You have been lead in this example from cat, all the way to fire, two unrelated subjects! You can play this game with yourself with your dream symbols until something "clicks" and you get the ah-hah feeling.


    Amplification


    Instead of associating, you list what each symbol means to you. Different from the association method, amplification can sometimes work were association falls short. For instance, I dream of a candle, intstead of associating I make a list of what a candle means to me personally. Example: candle means happiness, love, romance, mysticism and light. Though it seems similar to association, it varies because you are approaching it from a different point of view.

    Symbol defining is very easy, and you know when you hit the mark by the ah-hah feeling. There is one factor you should also keep in mind, and that is the laziness factor. You must devote some time and thought to the analysis of your dream to get a clear picture. If you go about it in a half hearted way, you will get bad results and feel disappointed. If you relay solely on dream dictionaries to do your symbol defining you will have lost quite a bit of the meaning your dreams were trying to share. I am putting a dream dictionary online in the future, but it is only to be used when no personal symbolisms can be found. It is my hope that you will try to define as many of your own symbols as possible.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  5. #15
    Stuck on the Border Peekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land of the free, Home of the SOONERS!!
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Thanks for the information Soda. That was really helpful.
    ~Jess~


    Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

  6. #16
    Stuck on the Border eaglesvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    north-central Jersey
    Posts
    2,159

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have them every now and again, but mine are almost always nonsensical nightmares. The most bizarre one I ever had involved Glenn.

    I dreamt that a few people and I were planning a heist to break into the French embassy and steal the pets of the people staying there. Only who should be staying at the French Embassy but Glenn Frey! We heard him coming and I was desperate to get out with my booty of cats and dogs, but the helicopter that was supposed to take us to safety left with my conspirators and not me. Glenn caught me holding a burlap bag with a couple dogs and cats inside. I was so ashamed. He took me to his private submarine out back for a "talking-to." He said, "Did you ever think if you had asked for a pet, you might have been given one?" I burst into tears, apologizing. Then his wife opened the top hatch and yelled down at us, asking if he was finished scolding me yet because it was dinner time. Glenn yelled "Yes" up at her and then turned to me and said, "You may leave now with one and only one of the puppies." I thanked him profusely.

    I woke up completely mortified.

    A few months ago I had a very sad Eagles dream that Joe died, and for some reason, I was the one who had to identify the body and then notify people. I woke up crying. It was horrible!
    OK, Soda, your gig is up! I knew you'd finally crack. I'm reporting you to the ASPCA! All those times you thought running into Glenn was the result of your pie-in-the-sky plans?? Oh no, girlfriend! He was just my plant, to finally catch you red-handed in this dastardly deed! Say hello to that lonesome prison, where the sun don't shine...

  7. #17
    Stuck on the Border eaglesvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    north-central Jersey
    Posts
    2,159

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Soda-I remember you telling me about that dream. Bizarre!!

    I almost posted this over the weekend but felt like a fool so I'm really glad to that someone else started this topic. I very rarely dream, period. But Friday night I had a dream that I don't remember specifically but do remember that Don was in it and he was my uncle. I remember him walking into a room and me looking up at him and saying "hi Uncle Don". I remember exactly what he looked like also, he was wearing jean and a long white coat and his hair was long and slicked back into a ponytail (I wonder if the hair thing was because of the post I made the other day talking about the many hairstyles of Mr Henley!). Anyways, weird since I don't remember ever dreaming about them before. If I do, I quickly forget them apparently.
    The only dreams we remember are those that we dream in the light stage of sleep, before we wake up. Apparently we don't remember any dreams in our deep sleep.

    The only dreams I have involving the Eagles occur when I am completely awake and conscious! I will concentrate on having some when I am sleeping lightly, just so I can add to this post...

  8. #18
    Stuck on the Border Mrs Frey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,814

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have them every now and again, but mine are almost always nonsensical nightmares. The most bizarre one I ever had involved Glenn.

    I dreamt that a few people and I were planning a heist to break into the French embassy and steal the pets of the people staying there. Only who should be staying at the French Embassy but Glenn Frey! We heard him coming and I was desperate to get out with my booty of cats and dogs, but the helicopter that was supposed to take us to safety left with my conspirators and not me. Glenn caught me holding a burlap bag with a couple dogs and cats inside. I was so ashamed. He took me to his private submarine out back for a "talking-to." He said, "Did you ever think if you had asked for a pet, you might have been given one?" I burst into tears, apologizing. Then his wife opened the top hatch and yelled down at us, asking if he was finished scolding me yet because it was dinner time. Glenn yelled "Yes" up at her and then turned to me and said, "You may leave now with one and only one of the puppies." I thanked him profusely.

    I woke up completely mortified.

    A few months ago I had a very sad Eagles dream that Joe died, and for some reason, I was the one who had to identify the body and then notify people. I woke up crying. It was horrible!
    I'm sorry, Soda, but I found your Glenn dream very funny! Especially the part about Cindy asking if Glenn was finished scolding you as it was dinner time! What an incredible scenario! You probably felt the intense embarrassment even once you were awake!

    However, your Joe dream probably would have had me crying too. It's horrible to dream about death, even though it's supposed to signify something quite the opposite.


    I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

  9. #19
    Stuck on the Border Mrs Frey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,814

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    I wasn't sure of where to put this or if there was already a thread for this topic, if so i apologize. Every once in a while i'll have a dream involving all or one of the Eagles and last nights dream struck me as being particulary interesting and exciting. I dreamed that the Eagles had come out with a live dvd of the current tour. I remember walking in the store and seeing advertisments for the new dvd and being so excited to get home and watch it. It seemed so real and i even woke up smiling and just wishing that this was real and not just a dream. I just hope this dream will come true in the near future.

    I'm sure i'm not the only one that has Eagles related dreams, right?
    This is a great topic, Peekaboo! What a wonderful dream you had! Yes, I would certainly welcome a new Eagles DVD featuring either a composite concert or one particular concert (preferably the 20 March concert I attended! ) from the LROOE tour.

    I unfortunately seldom dream about anything, although I do recall Glenn appearing in my dreams already. I can't really remember what it was about, though - I'll have to think about it. If I do dream, the dreams are usually, like Soda's, nonsensical or bizarre.


    I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

  10. #20
    Stuck on the Border Mrs Frey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,814

    Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    The only Eagles-related dream that I can recall happened when I was on holiday in Spain last October. It was basically me riding around the streets of my home town in the back of Glenn's car. It was dark and wet, but he was singing along to the radio softly and we were chatting - he was just a really lovely guy! I woke up and felt all warm and fuzzy. My most vivid memory is that he looked EXACTLY how he does in the Soul Searchin' video.
    Awww, Troubadour, that's lovely. It's a pity that you weren't sitting next to him, though... Perhaps you could have had a "moment" with him, you know... Okay, I'm sorry, I'm a bad girl!


    I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •