Page 22 of 194 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Nice dream, Troub.

It really is a shame that I do not know what song Glenn just wanted to sing for me. I think it was certainly The Allnighter!!!!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Yes, it must have been the Allnighter!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I admire your dedication, GL! Maybe we can combine your ipod idea with PM's Eagles dream elixir idea and come up with some magic potion!

Now I wonder if we could figure out a way to use that magic potion to make these dreams come true.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Oh my gosh, I had an amazing Eagles dream last night!

I dreamt that I was going to see the Eagles at a small theater at Purdue! When I say small, I mean SMALL. The theater maybe had about 200 seats. When I got there, I saw that I knew lots of people. Many of my Purdue friends were there, as well as TimothyBFan and PrettyMaid. Also, three of my cousins walked in and sat down next to me.

Astonishingly, though, the place wasn't even full. There were only 60 people, maybe. "Hmm, maybe they saturated the market around here. I hope this doesn't keep them from coming back," I thought. Anyway, I settled in, but when the Eagles came out, Tim said, "Since there's so few of us here, why don't you all come up here and tell us about yourselves."

The stage was low and you only had to climb three steps to get up to it. One by one, everyone went up to the stage and told a little bit about themselves in the microphone. To my horror, several of my friends and my cousins started telling embarrassing stories on me. By the time I got up there, I was so embarrassed, I was ready to die! But then Glenn waved. "Hi Nancy!" He said cheerily. I beamed, said, "Hi," and then got offstage and sat back down again.

I don't remember the show, but after the encore, Glenn signaled to me to come back up to the stage. "I really thought you handled that story-telling session well. Follow me," he said, and took my hand. He led me outside and I realized we were going to where the vehicles were. Right before we got to the area, he stopped and kissed me on the cheek. He started to go again, but I said "Hold up" and kissed HIM on the cheek. "I'm so glad you guys came back to Indiana!" I said happily as we continued moving again.

He led me to what looked like a van, but when we got inside - it had the trappings of an ambulance! "Get on the gurney," Glenn instructed me.

"Why?" I asked. Then I saw his tour manager Tommy Nixon getting out one of those anaesthesia masks. "WHAT???" I started freaking out.

"We don't want anyone to know where we're going," Glenn explained.

"I promise I won't tell!" I cried. I really hated the thought of "going under." "I'll keep my eyes closed..."

Glenn looked in my eyes and told me sternly, "Nancy, I asked you to do it."

"OK, OK," I said unhappily and grudgingly obliged. I got "gassed" and the next thing I knew I was on a soft brown couch in a mahogany-paneled living room and no one else was around. The living room was huge with all this cool stuff in it and I knew I must be in Glenn's house.

I didn't see anybody, and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to get in trouble by going somewhere I wasn't supposed to go, so I just stayed where I was and waited for someone to come get me. As I did, I thought "Dang, how lucky am I" and just started grinning widely. I woke up with that grin still on my face!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well at least I'm in somebody else's dream - I can't seem to 'dream them up' myself!

Nancy, the part where you tell Glenn to hold up and you kiss him on the cheek means that you wish you could be more direct with him and not so shy the times that you've met him. How am I doing so far?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glenn looked in my eyes and told me sternly, "Nancy, I asked you to do it." "OK, OK," I said unhappily and grudgingly obliged.
    This actaully cracked me up! Because honestly, I could see me not wanting to do something, but if "an Eagle" sternly said, "I asked you to do it"... I'd probably be like, "Ok, Ok, fine... whatever".

That was funny!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

A wee bit disturbing that they are drugging you to take you somewhere . The makings of a movie once again me thinks!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Are you kidding? If an Eagle wanted to drug ME in order to take me someplace secret I'd grab the mask and do it myself with one caviat:

WAKE ME THE INSTANT WE GET THERE!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Great dream! Although, was it being in Glenn's house or the drugs that made you grin so much?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Nancy, the part where you tell Glenn to hold up and you kiss him on the cheek means that you wish you could be more direct with him and not so shy the times that you've met him. How am I doing so far?
    Sounds about right!

Also, I've always been VERY nervous about being anaesthetized almost to the degree of phobia so that probably had something to do with that element of the dream!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten