Page 30 of 194 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

This isn't as entertaining as Carla's, but I did have another nonsensical one:

I am standing in a crowd and I see this dark-haired girl in white short shorts with several tattoos. One going down her thigh said,
    I

G
    L
    E
    N
    F
    R
    E
    Y

(Only the heart wasn't beating, lol). Then it had an image of a woman's face beneath the words.

I think "Wow, how hard does that suck, having a misspelled tattoo?! How could she be such a big fan and not know that there are two n's in 'Glenn'? Oh well, it's nice that she's a big fan."

Next thing I know I'm in a video store with rows of VHS tapes. I see one dog-eared tape that says "Livin' Right - Extended Version." I take it off the shelf and I see it looks like a workout video! "Hmm, do I have this already?" I ask myself. I don't want to buy it if I have it already, but I can't remember. "I know I have the video, but was it the extended version?" I'm considering buying it just to be safe, but it's $12 (which in the dream seemed to be a lot of money), so I hem and haw. Then suddenly I remember seeing Glenn do this long comedic skit introducing the video - much longer than the little intro on the MTV video. "Oh yeah. I do have it!" I think and put it back. "Sure glad I remembered before I spent $12!"

And then suddenly I'm standing in line behind Don Henley at a car rental counter. He is in a sweatshirt and jeans. For some reason I know that he is renting a car for about three weeks in order to vacation with his family. The car rental guy figures up what it's going to cost and hands Don the contract to sign (which also has his total on it). Don looks it over and grimaces. "Sure is expensive," he says unhappily. Although I can't see what the figure is, I somehow know it's several hundred dollars. I think, "Wow, that is a lot of money. What a rip off." Somehow, I also know that he is thinking that he should have driven the family up here himself in their own car. He'd considered it and decided against it, but now he regrets it. He sighs and grabs a pen to sign his name. As he does, he says, "The time better go by slowly." I think, "But doesn't time fly when you're having fun?"

Then I woke up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

What Soda - no food?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border

You know, I've never had an Eagles dream.

Last night, I hit the jackpot. I woke at about 2:00 thinking, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I actually had a dream about the Eagles. Those DH fans will be so happy when I share it online."

I then fell back to sleep and woke this morning with NO recollection of the dream whatsoever!!! All I know is. . . Those DH fans would have been so happy. . .

Connie-if you remember that dream, please do post it! I'm a DH fan who would be so happy to read all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    What Soda - no food?
    Maybe all that talk of guacamole inspired the "Livin' Right" segment of my dream as my subconcious guilt about my love of fattening foods. Whose fault was that? lol

~ Cathy ~

I'm sitting on the lawn waiting for the band to come onstage. It find of felt like my position at the Hard Rock Park, except even further back. There are people all around me and I can't see a thing! Weirdly, they are all girls.

Then a guy with a big cardboard box shows up. He's wearing a backstage pass around his neck. He starts handing something out to the girls nearby. I perk up. What's that? He comes near me and hands me one - it's a tiara! I turn it over and it has my name on it! The girls around me have their names on their tiaras too. We are all happy but surprised. The guy explains, "The band wanted the girls on the lawn to have tiaras."

"How did they know our names?" I ask.

"They didn't," he replies. "The tiaras are magical."

"Oooooh!" We all say, awestruck, as we put them on. After the guy has finished handing out the tiaras, he starts to walk away.

"If he's going backstage, maybe we can follow him and thank the band for the tiaras! We can give them presents, too!" I whisper to the girls around me. As a group, we all start following him. He doesn't notice.

I know more happened, but I don't remember what it was - don't you hate that??

I remember that at some point I attend a really popular musical and again am sitting way in the back, still wearing my tiara. The girl next to me says, "Let's look for people who leave early and take their seats."

"Great idea!" I exclaim, but she's already headed off to a better seat. I keep my eye out for one, too.

I start moving up here and there, bringing my laptop with me (!) and then I'm in the third row right behind all the Eagles who are sitting there watching the show! "CRAP, they will NEVER believe this is a coincidence! They will think I am following them to musicals! I hope they don't see me!" I think.

Then the show stops and one of the actors says, "We have special guests tonight - the Eagles - if we applaud maybe they'll come up and do a number!" Everyone hoots and applauds. The Eagles go onstage.

Then, the actor starts handing them sheet music. They look confused. "Aren't we going to do an Eagles song?" Don asks.

"Oh, no, you're doing a song from the play," the man says.

"oooh, the Eagles are going to do a song they haven't done before!" I think excitedly, and start digging around for my digital camera in my purse so I can record it. I can't find it! I get agitated, trying to find the camera but watch the guys, too.

They're doing OK singing the song. Tim is even trying to harmonize, but it's pretty obvious they don't know the song and it doesn't really sound that great. Joe finally gives up and just stands there.

By this point I have given up trying to find the camera and am just watching. The guys all look pretty uncomfortable.

Afterwards they don't go back to their seats. They just start to leave. I think I'm going to get away with them not seeing me but just as Glenn passes me, he spots me. "This was totally a coincidence," I say quickly.

Glenn shrugs and says unhappily, "I didn't know the song."

Then the dreams morphs into me rear-ending Paul McCartney's car at a stoplight on my way to a taping of a show on the Home and Garden network. Quite a leap.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

FIRST of all.. I WANT A MAGICAL TIARA!!!! how cool is that? I'd wear it all the time!
    Second, AWE! poor guys didnt even know the song! I just saw Music Man at the OSF and it was terrific but I can totally understand how embarrassing that would be.
    Third,.... uh... Paul McCartney? where'd that come from? and I hope you have great dream insurance. Im pretty sure Sir Paul isnt driving a rent a wreck even in a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    "How did they know our names?" I ask.
    "They didn't," he replies. "The tiaras are magical."
    "Oooooh!" We all say, awestruck, as we put them on.
    Soda, how do you have a dream about magical tiaras and not be, like, seven?
    I know more happened, but I don't remember what it was - don't you hate that??
    I'd say you do pretty darn well in the dream remembering department!

They're doing OK singing the song. Tim is even trying to harmonize, but it's pretty obvious they don't know the song and it doesn't really sound that great. Joe finally gives up and just stands there.
    Okay, this is where I started LMAO!

Then the dreams morphs into me rear-ending Paul McCartney's car at a stoplight on my way to a taping of a show on the Home and Garden network. Quite a leap.
    Now I'm back to being
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I don't even know what to say to that? Does anyone on here have a shrink that we can get to become a member to analyze these dreams? Anyone? Please!
    He sings it high, he plays it low