Page 49 of 194 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

LOL! Love it Nancy! You could write a book with your Eagles dreams.....they're all hilariously entertaining

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Too funny, Soda! Good thing you were there to 'take charge'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, I've been sleeping poorly and fitfully... and I just had another dream... which involved not only Don but Irving Azoff, of all people! Must be that ticket prices thread....

Anyway, in my dream, I'm driving through Danville, IL. I think "Didn't Cathy tell me that Irving Azoff was from around here?" Suddenly I see a really cheap looking burger place called "The Sunset Grill." "Oooh, I have to take a photo of this!" I think. I pull over into the parking lot and get out, fishing for my cell phone to take a photo of it. I take several pictures, then decide I have to go inside just to see what it looks like even though I'm not hungry.

Inside, it's got a lot of cracked booths and tables with a dirty tile floor. This place looks awful. I grab one of their yellow laminated menus from the counter and sit down at the only empty booth, in the back.

When I turn over my menu, however, I see not food items but lyrics to the song "Sunset Grill"! "ooh, I wonder if we get to sing here?" I ask myself. Sure enough, the booth nearest the door with a family of four suddenly starts singing the first few lines of the song. "Let's go down to the Sunset Grill..." After they finish those few lines, the next booth starts singing.

I calculate that my booth will get the last lines, which I will presumably be able to sing all by myself. I wait patiently for each booth to sing their bit. It finally gets to the booth next to me with these three young girls. They start giggling and messing up the song. I am NOT pleased. I think "They better not screw this up because I'll never have the opportunity to be a part of an official Sunset Grill sing-along again!"

Right when I decide I'm just going to sing over them since they're doing such a botch job, the door opens and in walks Don Henley and Irving Azoff! Don is wearing what he wore for the Dublin 2009 show and Irving is in a suit. Instead of being excited about seeing them, I am bummed out, because of course they finish the song themselves and it never gets to my booth. Everyone else is cheering, but I'm sulking because I never got my turn! "Figures," I mumble.

Suddenly, the scene changes, and I am sitting with Don Henley at a kitchen table that looks like the one my family had in the early 90s, covered with my mother's hideous green tablecloth. We are doing crossword puzzles together. "I had no idea you liked crosswords puzzles as much as I do," Don tells me with a smile.

Then, my mother comes into the room. "Nancy, our family photos are being sold on Ebay!"

I jump up. "What? How did that happen? Why???"

"I don't know, but do something!" My mom is pretty upset.

I get up and hurry into the next room where there's a computer on my family's old card table. I sit down. Don follows me and sits next to me at the card table. We call up the Ebay page. "Am I in any of these photos?" he asks me.

"No, they didn't get the photos with you in them," I reply.

"Thank God!" Don cries. "Did they get any of Stevie's family?"

"It's possible," I say worriedly. [This conversation makes perfect sense to me in the dream].

I click on the photos to get a better look. They are black and white and are really old. The one featured on the page appears to be a photo of a woman with a baby taken in the 40s. She is wearing an apron and is standing outside on a lawn in front of a small house. I'm confused. "This can't be a family photo. I don't know who this is."

"Maybe she's a relative of yours who's died," Don suggests. "Or maybe she's related to Stevie Nicks. Let's look more closely."

We lean forward to try and see the photo more clearly...

Then I woke up.

Ah, the weirdness!!!! Now off to bed to try to go to sleep again...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This one is great!! Sounds like Don, Stevie & you are kinfolk!! The "part of an official Sunset Grill sing-along" is hysterical--as opposed to an UNofficial one I guess. Poor Don all worried about his picture being sold on ebay. Priceless!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Soda, welcome to Danville, IL! Why didn't you come to visit me? Anyway, I was LMAO at your grumblings about not being able to sing the last line of Sunset Grill! And it's so cool that you're able to take Don with you into the second part of your dream!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

This literally had me laughing out loud. So funny!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Glad you guys like these dreams but I have to say, it seems most of the time my dreams don't have happy endings! I wonder what is up with that?

Stuck on the Border

But Soda, at least you get to meet the guys in your dreams. That doesn't happen to me. In my dreams they are always just out of reach.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats a brilliant one Soda. Your dreams are sooo real sounding. I just dreamed last night that the Eagles were playing in a small theatre called the Helix in Dublin and that Laura and I were there. Pretty tame compared to you.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Another bizarre dream starring Glenn and Tim that occurred during a nap I took earlier.

I dreamt that Glenn (c. 1975), Tim (c. 1979) and I are attending this Bible study group. It's really small, just a few people, in this dark room. An older guy hands us some papers to sign and says that if we sign them, we would be entered into a contest. We sign them.

Suddenly, we are being walked to seats in a huge stadium. The place is completely full, and there are two stages - one at each end. Half the seats face one stage, half the seats face the other. We are seated in the middle facing the back. We hear awards being called out - people are accepting awards for various bizarre things - "Best Crayon," "Best Lamp" etc. They are being given out on the stage we are not facing, though, and we can't see anything - even if we turn around we see nothing but people's backs.

"Don't worry," Tim says. "There's a ticker over there that says who is winning awards. If our name is called, we'll see it on the ticker." He points upwards and there it is.

"Thank goodness you saw that!" I exclaim. "I'm sure we'll win because those papers we signed guaranteed we would win something. We have to keep watching."

Sure enough, the ticker suddenly says "SONG OF THE DAY: 'A GOOD DAY' BY THE EAGLES"

"Yay!" Tim cries and jumps up. "Come on, let's go accept the award!"

Glenn says, "I don't want to go up there! I never should have come. You go up there, Nancy!"

"I would, but I'm not an Eagle," I reply with dismay.

"Come on Glenn!" Tim insists.

Glenn sighs heavily and goes with Tim to the stage.

Everyone is ooh-ing and aaah-ing as they walk up the aisle. "It's the Eagles!!!"

When they get to the stage, the white-haired old lady handing out awards says, "Wow, I didn't think any celebrities would really show up for this!"

"We signed the papers," Glenn says glumly.

Then the dream switches to 1975 Glenn in an empty carpeted room of some building zapping a guy who looks like 2009 Glenn with blue lightning coming from his fingers, like the kind the Emperor uses on Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi.

"Stop! You're hurting yourself!" current Glenn cries.

Then I wake up.