Page 55 of 194 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

For some reason this just struck me funny!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I don't think I've ever had a dream where I'm not me!

(I've never had an Eagle dream - yet)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    (I knew Soda organised it because the photo of her with Glenn was displayed as a big poster). You could wander around and access the material by pressing buttons. I was wandering through wondering if Soda would magically appear so that I would meet her.
    I would have to insist any such poster would be greatly airbrushed.

I would love to meet you too one day, FP! And hey, you never know.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This is a dream I had a week or so ago but I can't remember it as well as the others. Some parts are vivid, some are vague.

Glenn shows up to where I used to live as an undergrad at Texas A&M University - a little white house I rented with five other girls. (I must be 20 or 21 in the dream because I walk down the stairs to let him in when I hear him knocking, and I didn't have an upstairs bedroom until my junior year.) He walks in the door and I'm just astonished. I don't recognize him, but I get excited when I see him, so I know it must be cool that he's there. There's a little blond boy with him but he looks nothing like him and obviously isn't his kid. The two of them sit down on the couch. The couch is old and beat up, and squeaks when he sits on it.

Glenn starts talking to me about how he travels overseas and how much fun it is. Some of my housemates come in the room and listen to him as well. He's very animated and seems to love talking to us. "Do you know this guy?" one of them - her name is Pippin - whispers to me. "I think so," I whisper back. "He looks familiar. I think he's famous. I don't know about this little kid though. Never seen him before."

Glenn then abruptly says to me "Let's go furniture shopping!"

Suddenly we're in one of those big furniture warehouses looking around (specifically, we are at Mattress Mack's Gallery Furniture store in Houston). At this point I know that the famous guy with me is Glenn Frey, but still have no idea who the kid is. I wonder if it's his nephew or something, but I think it would be impolite to ask.

The store is crowded, but no one recognizes Glenn or pays any attention to us. We walk a bit, and I see a living room set with this really comfortable-looking brown couch on display. "That's so nice! I want it!" I turn to Glenn and exclaim.

"Oh, did you think I was going to buy you something?" Glenn says. He looks dismayed. "I'm sorry. I just wanted you to come along to give me advice."

I am mortified and dejected, because for some reason I really did think he was going to buy me a new couch for my house at college! He obviously feels bad about it and repeats, "I'm really sorry. I never meant to give you that impression."

"Of course I never thought that," I lie. "Why would I think such a silly thing? You gave me no reason to think that. We don't even really want a new couch. We think our old couch is great." I feel so stupid for thinking he was going to buy me and my housemates a new couch and I can't figure out why I thought that. I can feel myself flushing with embarrassment. I try to cover. "I was just thinking you might like it."

He seems to buy my explanation, to my vast relief. "You're right, I do like it!" He and the kid go over and sit on it. He starts to bounce on it. "I think I'm gonna buy it for myself!"

"This is so bogus," I think, but I manage to mutter "Great."

Then the dream ends - bizarre to the last drop, as usual.

Stuck on the Border

I am always amazed at the level of detail you all can recall from your dreams. Mine are always so vague and distorted. I'm lucky that I remember the general subject matter in the morning.

I envy you, Nancy!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I am always amazed at the level of detail you all can recall from your dreams. Mine are always so vague and distorted. I'm lucky that I remember the general subject matter in the morning.

I envy you, Nancy!
    It's not fun when you have nightmares and wake up believing they're real for a few seconds because they're so vivid.

But when it's the Eagles I don't mind. Or if it's other fun things...

I had a dream a few nights ago, I was dating Don Henley. I usually don't dream about him. Anyway I had a friend in the dream that told us she had an Eagle living in her backyard that just laid an egg. Well I was being smart and said Don's an Eagle, I wonder if he can lay an egg. Then Don said, how smart of you Nathalie! Then we all had a giggle, my friend gave Don a hug and said she was leaving. I said I was going with her so I gave Don a hug and a kiss, told him that I loved him. He said he loved me too. Then after that I woke up. And I do believe that is the most ignorant thing, I've dreamed in awhile.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

I had a dream that started out bad, I was held captive in someone's home, I managed to escape and started walking down the street while my captors were asleep and Don pulled up beside me And asked me if I needed a ride, I of course Said yes

I had a weird little dream last night, in which I was already in America, waiting to go into the concert arena for an Eagles show. I was sitting in an area, which was like an airport departure lounge, surrounded by loads of people I didn’t know. I was so nervous because I was going to be sitting front row. (Not true to life at all. Ahem.) There was a TV playing various songs and music videos – mainly Eagles and Fleetwood Mac – apparently to get us all in the mood for the show. This lady came and sat next to me and said “Lou?” It was Eva (eaglesvet)! I recognised her from a picture she’d posted on the board. I was so glad to see a friendly face, and we ended up having a long conversation, whilst occasionally watching the TV screen. She was really sweet in trying to calm me down about the show. Then, Fleetwood Mac’s Rhiannon started playing... and I cried. I have no idea why, except that it apparently really moved me. I kind of hid my face into the wall and Eva asked what was wrong. I said “I’m just so embarrassed! You’ve seen me cry three times now at songs – once over this, once over Waiting In The Weeds and once over Desperado! I’m sooo sorry!” She laughed and gave me a hug and said it didn’t matter. But that maybe I should dry the tears before I went in and saw Don. I responded that she was really cool and calm and that I was still SO mortified. She took my hand and led me over to the bar to buy me a beer. I woke up before I got to to front row!

(I have no idea what that was all about. And I sincerely hope it’s not a premonition! Not least of all because Jess wasn’t anywhere to be seen!)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Maybe Jess was getting you guys some backstage passes!

The Eagles AND Fleetwood Mac? Sounds like my kind of warm-up! Was it an old 70s version of Rhiannon?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPyk8_onO8[/ame]